X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Milo Horning Winter Series - 1st Draft

Ok folks, here is the plan so far. I'm thinking about getting this started on Oct 25th.

=========================================

FORMAT: Singles - 1 Round

DIVISIONS: Pro, Am & Women

COURSES: Milo McIver (27) & Horning's Hideout (18)

TIME: Sign-up at 10:00am. Tee off at 10:30am

FEES: 10$

PAYOUT SCHEDULE:
    $8: Daily Payout
    $1: Ace Pot
    $1: Finals

PAYOUT NOTES: The $1 earmarked for the finals will remain within the division the $1 came from regardless if someone changes division mid-season. Any unclaimed ace pot money will be added to the PRO FINALS ONLY. This is a small motivator to MOVE UP

POINTS: Points from each course will be tallied separately, so if it is impossible for you to make it to one course or the other you can still qualify for the finals based on scores from only a single location. However, points will be awarded simply for showing up, so it will definitely pay to make as many events as you can regardless of course.

I will be using the same point tallying method as I used during Milo Doubles. This method awards points based on the number of strokes. The better you shoot in relation to the field the more points you will get. In other words, it pays to crush your opponents!

Also, points will be awarded based on the entire field, so if you move from one division to another mid-season your points will move with you.

SCHEDULE: We will be playing every Saturday alternating between Milo and Horning's Hideout. Since the winter is long and I know there are a few plans in the works for winter tournaments I will say in advance we will probably have a few unscheduled bye weeks. I will be post any cancellations as early as I possibly can.

BACK-UP TDs: On that same note, there may be times where I cannot make an event or two. I need a couple people to step up as alternate TDs. I would like to have a couple of alternate TDs lined up for each course. If you are willing to do this please PM ME your contact information and which course(s) you would be willing to be a possible TD in the event I can't make it.

=========================================

Please feel free to comment.

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

When does this start Jeff?

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
      When does this start Jeff?
      I'm still trying to nail down an acceptable schedule. I'll post it here shortly... right after I post the details of the PDGA santioned C-Tier at Horning's Hideout
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Bleh Hornings, so not worth the drive for me :P

Comment

Yeah... too few 600 foot holes for Bruce to park with his drive at Horning's...
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

haha, I'm no Baggerty, but maybe someday....

Comment

so far apart.......
              "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

So worth the trip... especially when Horning's second course goes in...
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  So worth the trip... especially when Horning's second course goes in...
                  I'm not sure that the second course will make HH a destination course for most golfers. As I understand it, course #2 will be the beginner pitch and putt course.

Now when the THIRD course goes in.....

Comment

I disagree. The pitch and putt will serve as an excellent warm-up/cool-down course.

Yes... the third course will make us all drool... but Horning's will soon have two courses...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      I disagree. The pitch and putt will serve as an excellent warm-up/cool-down course.

Yes... the third course will make us all drool... but Horning's will soon have two courses...

I agree, but if somebody doesn't think HH is a destination already (), then I'm not sure if the second course will convince them.

The third course will.

Bob Horning is my hero.

Comment

You guys have fun at Horning's, I'll keep playing my Milo. Even after playing there a couple times I'm not sure where the big hard on comes from, but to each there own. And no I don't need 500+ foot holes to feel good about a course, even if I do tend to enjoy placement golf a lot.

Comment

Still starting this tomorrow?

Just curious if this still starting on the 25th and if so, which course it'll be.

Cheers

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                          Ok folks, here is the plan so far. I'm thinking about getting this started on Oct 25th.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbiz View Post
                            Just curious if this still starting on the 25th and if so, which course it'll be.

Cheers
                            Sorry, but I'm delaying the start of the series until after the Horning's Hideout Open on Nov 15th. Too much on my plate to do both right now.

Jeff

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X