X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juel Park Wednesday Ace Pot

Daylight Savings Time is here this weekend - Time for Ace Pots to commence!
    I would like to invite everyone to the first Weekly of the season, the Juel Park Ace Pot. Wednesdays beginning at 5PM sharp. Sign ups are at 4:45. The parking lot has been expanded, so there will be no reason for the neighbors to \
    complain. This year, we will have a rolling Ace Pot. Entry is $7.00/player with $1.00 going to the Ace Pot and $1.00 going to the fund to build and maintain the course at Tall Chief.
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Juel doubles use to be awesome when there were alot of people showing up a few years ago. I would recommend know one park on the road at all if the parking lot is full. There is parking at the PCC on Avondale that is about a 5 minute walk away. Those neighbors will complain about anything they can and we should remember how quickly the weekly league doubles was dismantled after a few complaints. Also try not to have any beverages or other extra curriculars within sight of the road, nongolfers, houses, or parking lot. The local police do a regular drive in to the parking lot and I wouldn't expect to many of the local nongolfers to be ok with any of that stuff either.

So is the Tall Chief Golf Course willing to have baskets put in?

Is it all the land that used to be the back sloped nine?
    Read this ^

Comment

Tall Chief is not adverse to baskets being put in. Tee pads are another issue, as the land is on a one year lease. Juel style tee pads are about as good as we will do there, if all goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
        Daylight Savings Time is here this weekend - Time for Ace Pots to commence!
        I would like to invite everyone to the first Weekly of the season, the Juel Park Ace Pot. Wednesdays beginning at 5PM sharp. Sign ups are at 4:45. The parking lot has been expanded, so there will be no reason for the neighbors to \
        complain. This year, we will have a rolling Ace Pot. Entry is $7.00/player with $1.00 going to the Ace Pot and $1.00 going to the fund to build and maintain the course at Tall Chief.
        First Weekly of the season? Maybe at Juel...

Does this start today? Or next Wednesday?

Say, when is the LAST event (for calendar purposes) please?
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Awesome Mike, this is great news. I think rubber mats are the best route for new courses anyway, for the first year at least until the design is finalized. You can stake them down with rebar and remove if/when the time comes. Because there are likely few vandals out there, they'll probably hold up good too.

When we start getting conclusive go/no go about Tall Chief, I'd be all for raising some $$$ for baskets.
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Who's gonna run the doubles this year? My brothers and I ran most of last year but I'm not sure I'll have that night off this season, we'll see. I'll play when summer comes the course is miserable and not worth it right now imo. The new layout was planned during the "dry" season and is a swamp in many places.

Comment

Originally posted by thebakedone View Post
              Who's gonna run the doubles this year? My brothers and I ran most of last year but I'm not sure I'll have that night off this season, we'll see. I'll play when summer comes the course is miserable and not worth it right now imo. The new layout was planned during the "dry" season and is a swamp in many places.
              Next week after the time changes
              I am going to run the doubles and hold the $$ for the next few months, until I head to the east Coast to move my fiancee out here in June. I played Juel yesterday and it is not too bad - definitely far from miserable. many of the large bog areas have dried out considerably, but you still want to wear your mud shoes.

As far as I know, we have the go-ahead from Tall Chief. Jub and Erick will be out there this week working out a plan to get a real course up and running.
              Gawain, we played last year until the end of October...

Comment

thanks, updated.
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Ombudsman View Post
                  Next week after the time changes
                  I am going to run the doubles and hold the $$ for the next few months, until I head to the east Coast to move my fiancee out here in June. I played Juel yesterday and it is not too bad - definitely far from miserable. many of the large bog areas have dried out considerably, but you still want to wear your mud shoes.

As far as I know, we have the go-ahead from Tall Chief. Jub and Erick will be out there this week working out a plan to get a real course up and running.
                  Gawain, we played last year until the end of October...
                  Hmm,

Curious to see how things pan out with you running the helm. Not sure how well that will work out. You'll have my support though as soon as the course dries out more.

Comment

Atta Boy Ombudsman, way to take charge.. Dunno if work will permit me to play, but glad to know Wednesday's at Juel are back.. I know last year was different. However what made it worthwile were the PEOPLE who came to play. Not WHO was running it, frankly it could have been anyone with a deck of cards.. They same guys just showed up with the cards. And I Thank ALL the Clark boys for that.. This isn't an attack, but a perspective how things really seem from a players POV. Furthermore, this also will help benefit another course relatively close by, by letting personal issues get invovled it is really a negetive double whammy to our sport and to our locals who try to get more land for this game WE ALL LOVE.
                    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                    PDGA # 42821
                    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Curious to see how things pan out with you running the helm. Not sure how well that will work out.
                      Why wouldn't it work out with Michael running it? That seems like a slam at him. I don't think he'll have any problems, I don't get out there a ton but I might play a Wednesday one of these upcoming weeks, I'm looking forward to playing the new layout for the first time.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                        Why wouldn't it work out with Michael running it? That seems like a slam at him. I don't think he'll have any problems, I don't get out there a ton but I might play a Wednesday one of these upcoming weeks, I'm looking forward to playing the new layout for the first time.
                        Merely an observation not a personal attack. Mike and I are close friends, one of the first I met in the disc golf community in fact. I spoke with him personally and he knows where my concern lies. My issue is more with the organization than the person in "charge". Last year nobody was willing to step up so it fell in our lap. I tried to implement new ideas (ace pot, running scores for playoffs, and handicaps among others) and was shot down repeatedly. It seemed everyone wanted to get things done but nobody pushed to make it happen. He has my support I'm just curious what approach he'll use that didn't work for others.

Comment

That sounds very similar to Terrace Creek Doubles when I took over, I totally understand.
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                            That sounds very similar to Terrace Creek Doubles when I took over, I totally understand.
                            Yeah it got rather frustrating and as for it being anyone with a deck of cards that's crap. Without direction they'd be sitting on the table and people would be wandering around aimlessly. I'm all for anybody willing to better the Juel situation and if it helps get Tall Chief going even more so. I say anybody who wants input let's meet up and throw some ideas together, it will give us a better chance of success.

Comment

and as for it being anyone with a deck of cards that's crap. Without direction they'd be sitting on the table and people would be wandering around aimlessly.
                              -I'm not sure what exactly you're implying here, that we as a group of disc golfers are incompetent or just lazy. But I strongly believe somebody would've done something about it If you hadn't. But that's speculation.. So call it whatever you want..As for it falling in your lap.. that's crap, you wanted it to happen, so you made it happen.. congrats, but don't give us the "it's such a burden" angle.. Bill, you are a good friend and I know you aren't a bad guy at all, and I do see where you are coming from.. I do apprieciate the fact you stepped up. Thank you. It was a lot of fun.. I understand will we agree to disagree most likely, so we should leave it at that.. No worries my friend..
                              "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                              PDGA # 42821
                              Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X