Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legal disclaimer > ** This is in no way an organized disc golf competition at Juel Park **

Carlee (this is the correct spelling Dan ) has really nice form and she consistently outdistanced me by a country mile. She will be a solid contender in any tournies she enters in the future.

This was the first time I have played Juel in nearly a year, and yes the Juel swirl was in full effect.

Let me explain the Juel swirl for those who don't know about it.

The tees for each hole all face in different directions, but because of the way the wind funnels through the park, it seems like the wind is ALWAYS in your face, on every tee, regardless of where it was blowing from 5 minutes before.

I missed a couple of gimmee putts yesterday, I think with the same partner we could have easily posted a -6 or -7.

Bob Clark should be outlawed from playing Juel for money, its just not fair.

Shooter should only be allowed to play after his 5th or 6th adult beverage.

It was great fun playing with Brian and listening him bitch about his two brothers. Bob got the huge arm, and Kenny has wicked good putting skills, but poor Brian, when it comes to DG, might have well been adopted.

Well worth the 5 bones, but hey, all I got in my players pack was dull pencil.

Comment

Awesome job Dan. Keep it going.. I'm thinking I may make my annual trip to Juel next week... A voyage back to the homeland as it were..Maybe we can organize a skins match at Juel sometime.. any thoughts?
      Also, we should change it to Bob " The Dream Crusher" Clark. The man is lethal anywhere at that park.
      Oh, and Captain Jack don't forget about brother Bill.. Have you seen his kick putt? Enough said.
      Last edited by Rolly; July 14th, 2011, 08:51 PM. Reason: Past tense touch up
      "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
      PDGA # 42821
      Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

What's more fun than a set of 22in spinners on an Escalade?

Juel Park Dubs

Tomorrow at 6pm!!!
        Read this ^

Comment

The Ringer

Beware the tall silver haired smooth throwing grandmaster toting nothing but a few discs in a Target bag. He just might take a little bit of your money.

Nine players showed up for Juel Doubles last Wednesday night. Including an East coast ringer who had one driver, two rocs, and a putter in a target bag. While warming up he lost his one driver in the tall Juel grass. Knowing that a Juel doubles round without a driver just isn't that much fun I lent him my most comparable disc to the one he lost. He ended up as cali, refused to accept a second borrowed driver, & still managed to tie John "Shiny New Discs" Jonhson and I for second place at -10. We played a playoff hole and then decided to have a ctp for the 2nd place $ which the ringer won by about a foot. The ringer gave only his first name and place of origin, but after some internet detective work I was able to identify him as this guy http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/17277 not too bad a resume.

The winners, however, played much better than the ringer and everyone else. Kevin "Juel Doubles Ace Master" Christian and Bob "Fast Start" Clark birdied there first nine holes in a row and set the new season low score at -13.

Honorable mention goes to "Newly Addicted" Mason who showed up for his first ever doubles round and teamed up with Jayden "I park 350 foot holes and can 100 foot jump putts" Johnson and together they went under par. "Soon To Be Cashing" Carly finally flipped herself a good partner in Brett "I heart Nukes" Vintertun but they finished a few strokes out of the money.

Final Scores
          Kevin & Bob -13 $26
          "The Ringer" -10 $10
          JJ & Dan -10
          Carlee & Brett -7
          Mason & Jayden -2

No Aces were hit & Bob Clark generously donated $2 dollars into the acepot which now stand at $23

I also heard a rumor that there was a little $ left over from last years ace pot which will hopefully find it's way into the current fund, but will leave out the details until it's a reality.

Shot of the Day- John "Shiny New Discs" Jonhson parking seventeen with a smooth low and tight anny backhand that nestled about 12 feet from the basket. 17 was the only hole that had not been birdied in the first two weeks of doubles. I should mention that Bob & Kevin got 17 as well this week, but JJ's drive was better!!
          Last edited by DMajor; August 1st, 2011, 10:55 AM. Reason: score correction
          Read this ^

Comment

Juel doubles tonight 6pm start

Featuring more deer than trash on the course
            Read this ^

Comment

The Local Connection

If you play doubles at your local course, draw a partner that you learned to play with at that course, and have been playing for a number of years you should probably win.

We had a record turnout, for this season, at Juel on Wednesday night. Fourteen players came out to play so we actually drew cards instead of flipping discs for the first time. Some veterans from prior seasons made their first appearance of the summer, including: "Ninja Jump Drive" Wes and his sidekick "Dart Master" Ken who got teamed up together after drawing the two jokers from the deck (haha). "Mazda Forum" Matt and Kevin "Autofruit" Carberry also came out for the first time and drew each other as partners. Shout out to Brian and Luke for coming out for their first time of the season and posting solid negative rounds.

As for the play, Bob "Fast Start, Glow Plastic Fetishist" Clark continued his run of cashing (and donating extra $ to the acepot), teamed up with Jayden "I park 350 foot holes and can 100 foot jump putts" Johnson and together they shot a respectable -10 to get the second place money. Brett "I still heart Nukes" Vintertun and I teamed up for the aforementioned local connection and put up a -12 for first place that should have been atleast a few strokes better as we bogeyed hole 17 and missed two other opportunities in the circle.

Honorable Mention to the The Jokers who missed cashing by a stroke despite having each other as partners.

Final Scores

Brett V. & DMajor -12
              Jayden J. & Bob C. -10
              Ken & Wes -9
              Carlee & Shoota -7
              Kevin Christian & New Brian -6
              Luke & Tyler -5
              Kevin Carberry & Matt -3

No aces hit, Bob donated $3 extra, putting the acepot up to $40

Shot of the day- continuing the trend of of giving it to my partner, Brett "I still heart Nukes" Vintertun canned a sixty foot jump on hole 16 for a much needed duece!
              Last edited by DMajor; August 1st, 2011, 01:02 PM.
              Read this ^

Comment

Statistics
                Read this ^

Comment

Attack of the Croatian

Juel Doubles Tomorrow Night 6pm Sharp

****Now with all you can eat blackberries!*****

Last Week's Results:

The Croatian rolled into the parking lot with plenty of gifts for the common folk, but no discs in hand. Luckily, a boss of his was found earlier in the day by Brian "One Lefty Finger" Clark. He used that one boss combined with a borrowed putter and threw his best shot of the day, before the round even started, by flipping one of the returning champions from the previous week: Brett "I really Heart Nukes" Vintertun. Together they played solid Juel golf, parking many of the shorter holes and hitting some good putts right around the edge of the circle. They finished at -11 taking first place by a stroke. Hot on their heels was Kenny "Compulsive Putt Practicing" Clark and his partner "Mazda Forum" Matt at -10.

Honorable Mention goes to three new players for showing up: Cortlin, Matt Bakke and Art! Additionally, Kevin "Juel Doubles Ace Master" Christian and "Shoota" for their magnetic attraction to each other as partners. They have partnered up together three out of the four weeks possible. & don't forget "Broadway" Bob Clark who showed up before doubles but couldn't stay, as he had to get back out on the track and make some money for daddy.

Final Scores

Mark "Yappin Croat" Yarmek & Brett V. -11 $40
                  Kenny Clark & Mazda Matt -10 $12
                  Kevin Christian & Shoota -8
                  DMajor & Evil DMajor (cali)-8
                  John Johnson & Art -7
                  Brian Clark & Cortlin -6
                  Jayden Johnson & Matt Bakke -3

No Aces were hit so the pot is up to $53

Shot of the day- Up to this point I have given the shot of the day to my partner every week. This week I was cali and so as to not break my tradition I give my second shot self the shot of the day on the 224 foot hole 18: after putting my first drive about 12 feet past the basket I elected to not take a second drive in case I fluffed my putt. Like a self fullfilling prophecy I airballed my short putt about a foot to the left, then miraculously managed to limpwrist my second putt just barely into the left pocket of the basket, where it settled meagerly as possibly the ugliest birdie of my disc golf career. But, hey a two's a two!!
                  Last edited by DMajor; August 9th, 2011, 07:48 PM.
                  Read this ^

Comment

updated
                    Read this ^

Comment

Brotherly Love

"From their struggles to establish dominance over each other, siblings become tougher and more resilient. From their endless rough-housing with each other, they develop speed and agility. From their verbal sparring they learn the difference between being clever and being hurtful. From the normal irritations of living together, they learn how to assert themselves, defend themselves, compromise. And sometimes, from their envy of each other's special abilities they become inspired to work harder, persist and achieve"

Last's weeks episode of Juel Doubles had the most players of the season and the was also the most exciting to date by far. Two of the three Clark brothers in attendance drew solid partners and both of their teams shredded the previous season record by shooting -15. Kenny "Compulsive Putt Practicing" Clark teamed up with John "Shiny New Discs" Jonhson and they birdied every hole on the course except 5,6 and 15 finishing with 8 birdies in a row. On the other side of the course Bob "Too Cool to Clear My Ace Disc" Clark teamed up with "KBK" Ken and they crushed everything-only parring holes 1, 10, 14, and 15, through 17 holes. On hole 18 Bob finally figured out how to throw a short hole and finessed a blue banger in the air just to the left of the basket and as it started it's slow turn to the right it had dead center chains written all over it. Sure enough, it hit low in the middle of the chains and stuck in for an ace and a tie for the lead at -15 forcing a playoff with brother Kenny. The playoff lasted two holes and ended with Bob sinking a 20 footer for a birdie and the first place prize money for him and his deserving partner.

Honorable mention to Erick "Krunk" for coming to his first doubles and to Frank "Juel Godfather" Lewis for coming out to his first doubles of the year. Last but not least Brian "One Lefty Finger" Clark for owning the bottom of the scoreboard and thus creating a Clark scoring sandwich-thanks!

Final Scores

Ken & Bob -15 $39
                      JJ & Kenny C. -15 $20
                      Brett V. Mazda Matt -12 $10
                      Wess & Kevin C. -11
                      Frank L. & Cortland -10
                      Mark Croat Yarmek -9
                      Jayden J. & DMajor -8
                      Shoota & New Eric -4
                      Brian C. & Art -3

Bob's Ace was worth $70 and the pot is currently at $0

Shot of the day-I have to break the trend of giving the shot of the day to my partner. Bob's game tying ace on the last hole was definitely the best shot of the day. However, it should be noted that if you ever play with Bob and he throws an ace you should politely ask him to clear his disc. I made the mistake of letting him keep his disc in the basket while I was teeing off, and I hyzered a soft challenger into the middle strong side of the chains and it bounced out-obviously due to Bob's disc and not the rather light chains at Juel.
                      Read this ^

Comment

Juel Doubles starts at 6!

Updated stats attached
                        Read this ^

Comment

Last years doubles record was -16, with hole 15 at 484 feet as it is now. A feat that was accomplished by 2 different groups.

Comment

Originally posted by KCunique View Post
                            Last years doubles record was -16, with hole 15 at 484 feet as it is now. A feat that was accomplished by 2 different groups.
                            Come on out and shoot for a doubles record -17 tonight at Juel!

Last week-Kenny C. and Brett V. took it down with a -13 and each won $20

Ace pot is at $13!
                            Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                              [Honorable mention to...Frank "Juel Godfather" Lewis for coming out to his first doubles of the year.
                              His last too. Frank and family moved to California.

We will always refer to Juel Park as "Frankenland".

Comment

Carlee, The Kid and Brett Favra

Originally posted by Snooskie Longhorn View Post
                                His last too. Frank and family moved to California.

We will always refer to Juel Park as "Frankenland".

The Godfather shall one day return....

Tomorrow night Juel Doubles
                                6pm start sign up 530ish
                                Be a Juel Park Legend

Last's Weeks Results:

13 special people showed up for a good old time at Juel last Wednesday and it must have been a strange day because the scores across the board were pretty low. Their was a brother team: Brian "One Lefty Finger" Clark and "Broadway" Bob Clark. There was a Marky Mark team: "New" Mark and "Yappin" Yarmek.

We had a new player: Ryan "Favre" come out and play very well as Cali. He spent most of the round spiralling laserbeam sidearms past the defense and throwing crisp touch passes into the chains and in true "Favre" fashion he brought the game down to the final seconds of the fourth quarter but came up one stroke short on the challenging 17th hole to Kenny "Two wins in a row" Clark and your narrator. Kenny flicked his champion Max about fifteen feet short of the basket for the victory duece on 17.

In the same group "Almost Cashed" Carlee teamed up with Jayden "I park 350 foot holes and can 100 foot jump putts" Johnson and came out on fire. They birdied there first six holes in a row, highlighted by Carlee hitting two 50+ foot putts with a dx shark and Jayden making everything in the circle look easy. Eventually the length of the back nine cooled them off and they settled into a third place finish just out of the money.

Honorable mention to "Big Hyzer Bomb" Ryan Bilocerkowycz for getting back out.

Final Scores

Kenny C. & DMajor -12
                                Ryan "Favre" -11
                                Jayden & Carlee -8
                                John J. & Ryan B. -8
                                Marky Mark -7
                                Brett V. & "Mazda" Matt -7
                                Bob & Brian Clark -7

No Aces were hit so the Ace pot grew to $26 & thanks to Paul "Sherpa Macguyver" for kicking in $40 dollars from the previous season towards this years pot-bumping the Ace pot to $66

Shots of The Day-Hole 17, Kenny's game winning 350 foot low line drive flick that flipped up to flat on a line 20 feet left of the basket and held until skipping chain high about fifteen feet short of the basket and Carlee smashing not one, but two long spin putts into the heart of the chains during the first six holes of play, propelling her team to an early two stroke lead.
                                Read this ^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X