Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Costco-sized bottle of Patron tequila at home - right around the corner from Juel. Anyone who shows up is eligible for tequila shots!
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Juel is drying out!
      The Ace Pot now stands at $85.00
      Begin throwing at 6:00PM
      BE THERE!!

Comment

Who won last week?

Comment

Bob Clark and Wes shot -12 1st place
          Kenny Clark and Newby Cameron shot -11 tied for 2nd
          Micheal Grossman and Paul I think?(Might have been Kevin or Ken) shot -11 tied for 2nd
          I shot a lackluster -10 as Cali
          Kevin and Ken Shot ? Not as good as -11
          Read this ^

Comment

Yesterday evening at a surprsingly dried out Juel Park, 17 players showed up. Bob and paul got off to a rather slow start, but after stringing together 7 birdies, they ended up in a first place tie with Wes and Chad at -11. On the first playoff hole, Bob pinned his drive to ensure victory. First place paid $50.00, second paid $25.00. There was also a tie for the $10.00 third place payout that was decided by CTP.
            Kenny Clark garnered CTP honors on #8 while Chad C. pinned his drive on the difficult hole 16 to win $8.50 apiece.
            Nobody hit the Ace Pot although Brett V. had a chainout on #11.
            Next week the carry over Ace Pot will be $105.00 thanks to Mitch's extra donation of $3.00
            It was great to see Zack Hyatt and Chad C. for the first time in a while!

Comment

Juel is dry!
              At least for the time being...
              Until the late season storm hits.
              Juel Doubles commences at 6:00PM - sign up by 5:45
              The Juel Swirl is expected to be on hand.
              The Ace Pot is at $105.00!

Comment

Damn!
                This front moved in like a lion!
                I will not be surprised if nobody shows up.

Comment

Did anybody show?
                  Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                    Did anybody show?
                    I did...

Comment

I will be there this evening...

Comment

The rain has been bad on each of the three past Wednesdays. Juel is a muddy mess. A few nice days will fix that. I have relocated to New York for the summer, so Paul Sallee is taking over the Juel tournament. I have passed the $105.00 to him.
                        Good luck!

Comment

Due to the nice weather and influx of new local players I keep seeing out at Juel. I have decided to try to revive:

Juel Park random Doubles every Wednesday promptly at 6pm!

$5 entry = $1 to the ace pot and $4 to the payout.

Throw far, putt well, play with different people, get better!
                          Last edited by DMajor; July 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM.
                          Read this ^

Comment

Great first day of Juel doubles last night, especially with only one day advance notice. Ten people showed up in total. Eight Juel veterans and two newish players. Unfortunately, the two new players flipped themselves as partners but they seemed to have fun.

Kevin "Juel Doubles Ace Master" Christian finessed a white soft magnet 196ft threw the air that nestled gently into the bottom of the chains for an ace on hole nine, winning himself ten whole dollars out of the ace pot, plus some dollar bills from the group and high fives all around.

Miki Fujikawa rode a scooter all the way from Seattle to play, teaming up with "Big Hyzer Bomb" Ryan and together they birdied there last five holes in a row finishing tied for the lead at -11 with myself and thirteen year old Jayden "I park 350 foot holes and can 100 foot jump putts" Johnson. We played the old juel park number two hole for the playoff and after the kid and I narrowly missed our sixty foot birdie putts and Ryan missed his putt, Miki stepped up and drained a 40foot birdie putt for the victory. Well played sir.

Final Scores

Miki & Ryan -11 $30
                            Jayden & Dan -11 $10
                            Brett Vintertun & Brian Clark -10
                            Kevin Christian & Chris Shoota -7 I think
                            Carly and Tyler (two new locals & cousins!) shot even par

The ace pot is at 0$ dollars after Kevin's ace.

Shot of the day goes to Jayden Johnson who hit a 100 foot jump putt with a tailwind at his back on the 480 foot longest hole on the course for a duece!
                            Last edited by DMajor; July 14th, 2011, 02:11 PM.
                            Read this ^

Comment

Another Episode of:

Juel Park Weekly Doubles Tomorrow at 6pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Read this ^

Comment

As intermittent wind gusts blew from all directions, swaying the tall grass across the serene landscape of Juel Park, twelve determined golfers showed up for a competitive round of random doubles.

"Lazer spin putt" Ryan (formerly "Big Hyzer Bomb" Ryan) and Brett "don't call me Vintertarian" Vintertun got off to a smoking hot start, birdieing their first seven holes in a row. They cooled down considerably on the back nine but birdied two of their last three holes for the one shot victory. Kevin "Juel Doubles Ace Master" Christian and Chris "Shoota" Cuicta birdied their last five holes in a row to finish tied for second place with Bob "Glow Plastic Fetishist" Clark and myself. I brought my "C" game at best and was carried by my teammate for most of the round. We had a playoff for the second place cash and Bob and I birdied the second playoff hole to secure a second place finish. Honorable Mention goes to "The Elusive" Captain Jack who showed up for maybe his first time ever at Juel doubles. He teamed up with "Soon To Be Cashing" Carly and together they posted a solid negative round. Woot Woot.

Final Scores

Brett V. & Ryan -11 $34
                                Bob Clark & DMajor -10 $14
                                Kevin Christian & Shoota -10
                                Kenny Clark & Jayden Johnson -9
                                Brian Clark & John Johnson -6
                                Carly & Captain Jack -3

Ace Pot is at a whopping $12dollars!!

Shot of the day was two bombs by Bob Clark- Threw a hyzer the whole way on the 420foot hole #6 that nestled directly against the pole on our first hole of the round, the next time around on the 484foot fifteenth hole crushed a boss fifteen past the basket into a strong headwind for an easy duece.
                                Last edited by DMajor; July 14th, 2011, 02:12 PM.
                                Read this ^

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X