Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had 6 people show up at a rainy soggy Juel yesterday, and one promptly bailed out.
    The remaining five of us ventured over to Dan's course across the street.
    No money changed hands.
    Juel is back on for next Wednesday
    I am moving the time to 5:30 to allow for more players.
    The Ace Pot stands at $50.00
    "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

5 started and only me and newbie Cameron kept playing after the front nine. It's no easy
      track. The course is still Virgin. No aces and no par or better rounds yet. The course wins again
      Read this ^

Comment

I get off work early enough to play and it looks like the weather is gonna be nice!
        Read this ^

Comment

Yes! it is going to be a nice day.
          Juel is drying out from last week. Still some mucky spots out there, however.
          Remember - start time has been moved to 5:30 today!

Comment

Juel doubles is awesome, great group of laid back people. I'm hoping I can get that south every Wednesday!
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

That's right Juel doubles still kicks ass. It's cool to see the different generations of Juel players out there. Unfortunately that is the last time I'm gonna be able to get off early enough to play for a loooong time.
              Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                That's right Juel doubles still kicks ass. It's cool to see the different generations of Juel players out there. Unfortunately that is the last time I'm gonna be able to get off early enough to play for a loooong time.
                Juel has always been one of the funnest weekly events!

Yesterday's results:
                Seventeen folfers were on hand. We welcomed a couple of first timers to Juel. This matches the season's high for participants.
                There were a couple of very close calls on the Ace Pot, as Big Bob, playing as Cali, hit chains not once, but twice! Once on #2 and again on #12. He also made a great run at #5 (both chainouts were on his second drive)
                Paul and Kenny were victorious, posting a score of -14. they split $50.00
                Dan had Newby on his team and they shot a -12 to take second and shared $25
                Third place was a tie between the teams of Biily & Cameron and MBG & Rolly at -9
                Billy and Rolly bailed out before the playoff, which was won by Michael, who pocketed $10.00
                Bob won the CTP on #1 and pocketted $8.50
                The CTP marker on 12 was pulled before the last group actually played the hole.(oops) Michael had the best drive out of the last group - putting the disc about 12' from the basket, but without a marker to compare, we were compelled to do a throw off for the prize. Michael won the throw off and the $8.50 prize,

The Ace Pot rolls over and next week it will be worth $67.00 plus the number of players.

Comment

Edit: Paul (two disc master) and Kevin (my ankle hurts) Christian shot -14

The Clark Bros. were kept out of the total score money. Luckily Bob saved the total cash shutout
                  Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post

The Clark Bros. were kept out of the total score money. Luckily Bob saved the total cash shutout
                    I tied for third but had waited long enough for the final group to finish and bailed. I gave up the money and left in frustration again. The tourney was fun but more coordination is needed.

Comment

Last week, only 2 showed up in the rain. No money changed hands.
                      Tonight, the Ace Pot stands at $67.00
                      $7.00 includes CTP prizes and Ace Pot
                      such a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by thebakedone View Post
                        I tied for third but had waited long enough for the final group to finish and bailed. I gave up the money and left in frustration again. The tourney was fun but more coordination is needed.
                        Gee Billy, thanks for such a constructive suggestion.
                        I say more patience is needed on your part.

No amount of 'coordination' can make 6 players play faster than 4.

Comment

Yesterday at Juel we had a whopping eight players show up.
                          Kevin and Dan (The Major Christian team) shot a -15 to set the new course record and win $30.00
                          Bob and Cameron took second with a -8 and split $10.00
                          CTP on #7 went to Kevin, who once again won a CTP by mere inches.
                          CTP on #11 went to Big Bob with a nice parking job.

The Ace Pot now stands at $75.00
                          Last edited by The Ombudsman; April 30th, 2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

We were a chain out and a nub out short of -17. That record won't last too long
                            Read this ^

Comment

Juel Doubles Moves to 6:00PM

Juel has been trying to dry out with little success. The latest storm has seen to that.
                              However, Juel Doubles is still on for tomorrow.

Start time has been moved to 6:00PM!!!

Come one come all!
                              CTP prizes!
                              The Ace Pot stands at $75.00 plus a buck for everyone that shows up!

Comment

Its Cinco de Mayo, you buying Tequila shots afterwards Michael?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X