Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what it was exactly, but a few years back Juel Dubs was probably the most fun weekly event that I can remember... perhaps it was the anticipation built up from the hour drive through rush hour traffic, then showing up with just minutes to spare, finally able to get out of my car!!... jog around a few holes and take a few warm-up pufts.. giddy as hell!!

Then the Clark brothers started running it, so I boycotted it (they were using marked cards I heard)!!
    Actually, my softball team switched to Wednesday nights, so I was unable to play most of the time. We're back to the Thursday night league, so I will definitely show up more this year...

Oh, and the course changes get my stamp of approval... if only more courses would 'reverse direction' and become more dog-leggity-right.

<shouldn't this be under 'weekly events'?>
    Last edited by Toby Puttzinski; March 12th, 2010, 11:48 AM. Reason: p.s. this should be in weekly events, eh.
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I actually think there were people that believed the cards were marked or rigged in some way shape or form. The simple truth is, I was the only one that had a deck of cards with me. There was a stretch where Kenny and I were paired up 3 weeks in a row. I can understand that looking a bit fishy. I even had someone else draw my card for me one of those weeks! I too am looking forward to playing Juel again. I've only played 2 rounds on the new layout.

Comment

There was a bit of disconcertion aboout the Clarks getting teamed up all of the time, but if you look at the laws of averages and the low turnouts, the chances were that at least two of the Clarks would be paired up (and win) on most any given week. One of my goals here is to make this event much more popular. Let's get some PLAYERS out there and make this competitive!
        I have been talking with a potential sponsor and am trying to get a big prize together for any team that scores a minus 19...
        "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Ever since I took over Terrace doubles, the last 5-6 months, Wayne and I have never been paired up together, not even in the same group. Week after week where the number of players dwindled down to less than 7 or 8 we still couldn't even get in the same group, yet my dad and I last year during Lake Stevens doubles were paired as partners at least 5 times when the number of people who showed up were 20-30. It happens, it doesn't mean the cards are marked, I can't say for sure at Juel but weird pairings just happen that way.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Minus -19 is gonna be alot harder with that 475 or whatever it is hole out there
            Read this ^

Comment

The cards were definately not rigged.
              ..can anybody claim a -18 on the old course? I know -17 quite a few..
              "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
              PDGA # 42821
              Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

It was a joke about the cards being marked... hadn't heard about any card controversy... purely coincidental, but conveniently convoluted.

Josh H. and I shot a -16 once, and we missed 35 and 20 foot putts to begin and end our round... of course we hit some sick putts in between though...

Comment

Maybe their needs to be two pools experienced and not. first the experienced all draw cards return them, reshuffle. then not so draw from the same cards. That way no experienced can be grouped together
                  rewindb.com

Comment

The problem is getting an equal amount of players in each pool, and it would probably be difficult to avoid controversy and delays in determing which pool certain players belong in...

Comment

Random draw is random draw. The idea here is to get a lot of people out to play. Hopefully by having a larger parking lot and a runnung ace pot we can accomplish this.
                      The more people we get out there, the more random it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                        Minus -19 is gonna be alot harder with that 475 or whatever it is hole out there
                        In that case i guess you will just have to get 2 aces...
                        They are out there!

Comment

Don't let the gray skies and drizzle fool you!
                          The forecast for the afternoon is SUNNY SKIES!!

Get out to Juel and bring your mud shoes!
                          Sign up at 4:45 and tee off no later than 5:15 to get finished
                          $7.00/player with $1.00 to the ace pot and $1.00 to the course fund for Tall Chief
                          random draw for partners
                          18 holes
                          2 meter rule: WILL BE IN EFFECT ALL SEASON
                          Payout determined by number of players attending

Comment

Also:
                            My shop Fortunato's in Woodinville (about 10 minutes from Juel) is having a St Patty's day Corned Beef dinner tonight!
                            $15.00 gets you a heaping plate of corned beef, cabbage and potatoes and includes 4 generous tastes of beer!
                            We have Harp, Smithwick's and many other great beers on hand!
                            Let's have a great party after doubles!

Comment

The sun is shining in Redmond!

Too bad I am stuck working till nine
                              Read this ^

Comment

Only ten folfers showed up, but that was enough to have a fun time in the sun. The Juel Swirl was in full effect and that helped keep the scores in check. The winners, KBK and Bill Clark, shot a -11 There is now $10.00 in next week's Ace Pot

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X