Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inland Northwest Series

Hi,

I've been out of touch with most everyone but am looking for info on the INWS. Has a 2010 schedule been announced as of yet?

Looking forward to hitting the links this year.

Thanks,
    Lesli

Hey Les. I could tell you the dates but it's not my place. I can tell you CSI is the kick off event of the 2010 INWS
    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      Hey Les. I could tell you the dates but it's not my place. I can tell you CSI is the kick off event of the 2010 INWS
      Jub, Im proud of you!!!!
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

inws

The INWS will be 8 events and a final this year. The points system will be virtually the same, the guidelines and standard deductions for the TDs will be virtually the same. There will be a requirement for each TD to also purchase 25 custom Innova Candy pieces which will raise $3/piece for the Final's purse which will be hosted by the Apple Vally Club in early October. the other dates for the Series are firming up and, yes, the Cool Shoez will lead it off on Easter Weekend. The Downriver Open will follow the next Weekend. the dates for the Nuclear Meltdown and the Chump Challange are set and will be announced officially soon. Also included is Zoo Town and Timberbeast and LCO. Rounding out the Series is the Farragut Open hosted by Rapid Fire Plastics. This year's CTP qualifer will feature an ' instant win'. Simply stated, if you toss an ace during any qualifier, you will win a DGA Mach ll on the spot. The Series is actively seeking sponsors to make these baskets available so contact me or Bob if you want to be an Instant Win Sponsor. ($100). All in all the 2010 INWS is on track to be THE HOT TICKET. Look for all the dates to be announced here in the coming days. Gordy.

Comment

It looks like my dad and I will be running the Farragut Open on Sept. 18th. Unfortunately it will be the weekend before the WA State Series Finals at 4 Mound and a week after the MT State Championship in Missoula but hey we had to stick it somewhere and August already had a lot of events. I also believe that the Zoo Town Open is set for May 15, 16 in Missoula.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
            It looks like my dad and I will be running the Farragut Open on Sept. 18th.
            Farragut Open will be a one-day event? How about the MT State Champ? Also one-day?

Calendar administrators want to know!
            Last edited by TreeLove; February 23rd, 2010, 05:04 PM.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

CFR's are being ordered. Damnit my event is after Champ Katana release. But I am still getting them they will just be late. I am also getting Champ Gators, Glow and Star Whippet X's.

Come on Tom, Time's a wastin!
              rewindb.com

Comment

Farragut WILL be 1 day, as for MT States I can only guess that it will be 2 days. That's what it has been in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
                  Hi,

I've been out of touch with most everyone but am looking for info on the INWS. Has a 2010 schedule been announced as of yet?

Looking forward to hitting the links this year.

Thanks,
                  Lesli
                  Hey Lesli, here's the Official Calendar for the 2010 Inland NorthWest Series.

The site for Flippen Ze Disc (the INWS Finals has yet to be determined) but will be posted right here as soon as it is announced.

Hope to see you all out on the circuit this year.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Great Info

Thanks Bob for getting this info out! I appreciate what you, Gordy and the other INWS TD's are doing.

Comment

CSI & DRO

The first two of the eight regular INWS Series events are SOLD OUT!If you are on a waiting list good luck to you. Here's to great weather for both Seattle and Spokane. The next INWS event is the Zoo Town Open in mid-May; I think it is the same weekend as the Whiner in the Woods but Missoula is more my neck of the woods!. You can sign up for that on the GCF site I'm pretty sure. The next event is the Lilac City Open which includes the three principle Spokane venues; Highbridge, Downriver, and Jumanji at Four Mound. It is the weekend of June 5th and 6th. Watch this site for a pre-announcement for PDGA on-line registration. Its been a dry year so far so look for camping at the Mound to be well monitered. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you again at all of these great tournaments. Gordy.

Comment

I was just raving about the LCO in another thread, and figured I ought to share those words in the place where they are most relevant:

I've only played one tourney in Spokane - LCO '08... and to this day, it is the best event I have ever played in the state. Multiple courses, exceptionally organized, great camping options, a Big Sky keg while we waited for awards, and they even mailed out booklets ahead of time to people who pre-registered with course maps, hole descriptions, the schedule for the weekend, sponsor info, etc... all for a B-TIER!! Spokane also has a robust local club that takes some of the burden off TDs and allows them to focus on what they do best. I'd say that's their secret weapon.

that Lilac City Open is the bar by which I measure WA tournaments. Great job Wobbly Bob, Gordy and crew. So stoked to finally come back this summer! Whether or not this year's event will have all those same perks from the Grand ol' tourney of yore, I have no doubt that the LCO will be a bitchin time.

P.S. since this is an INWS thread, I should mention that I'm also seriously looking forward to the 2nd annual Flippen Ze Disc... b/c those guys did a hell of a job running their very first sanctioned event, and the schwag was some of the best I've seen!

p.P.S. the 2 aforementioned tourneys, along with the ever-spectacular CSI, are the only INWS events I have played in years past... hmmm, maybe I should interpret that as a sign to play all INWS events haha
                        anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

By George, I think he's got it!
                          rewindb.com

Comment

Last years LCO was my first tournament after not playing disc golf for about a year and a half and also the first tournament I travelled to. I have since travelled to quite a few tournaments and I would say the LCO was my favorite tournament to travel except the Spokane City Cup (3 rounds at Four Mounds!). Unfortunately, this year I won't be attending as I am going to try out the BSF and play Milo for the first time. It will be interesting to see where I will end up the year after if they fall on the same dates again. The Washingtonian in me will be missing the LCO and I wouldn't have been the least bit upset if I didn't get into the BSF.
                            Read this ^

Comment

Inland North West Series Website

Here is the link to the:

Official Inland North West Series Website.

Please save to your favorites for future viewing.
                              Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X