X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soggy Saturdays: Soggy Saturdays @ Orchard

Hello all fellow disc golfers. My name is Nick Willer, and I along with my good friend Jeff Williams will be taking over soggy saturdays this year at orchard park.

Soggy saturdays is going to be a casual doubles style tourney (Like tuesday twos) that will go for 10 weeks. We will start the first saturday of october and end the first saturday of december, giving us 10 weeks of playing... Or 10 chances at pneumonia, however you want to look at it.

Were planning on a $10 enterance fee for each saturday, $2 rolling ace pot, and another $2 towards prizes and final game. That leaves $6 for the top leaders of each game.

Watch for the flyers at orchard any day now!

If you have any questions or comments, you can contact me at
    503-840-5307
    or
    Npwiller07@gmail.com

What time will it start? How many rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by LuvinTheDiscLife View Post
      Hello all fellow disc golfers. My name is Nick Willer, and I along with my good friend Jeff Williams will be taking over soggy saturdays this year at orchard park.

Soggy saturdays is going to be a casual doubles style tourney (Like tuesday twos) that will go for 10 weeks. We will start the first saturday of october and end the first saturday of december, giving us 10 weeks of playing... Or 10 chances at pneumonia, however you want to look at it.

Were planning on a $10 enterance fee for each saturday, $2 rolling ace pot, and another $2 towards prizes and final game. That leaves $6 for the top leaders of each game.

503-840-5307
      or
      Npwiller07@gmail.com
      $10 for random doubles? At Orchard? Really? I don't want to sound like I'm poo pooing your effort but I think that might be too much for many here, including myself. Good luck though!

Bob

Comment

I've got to second Bob here, when I saw that someone was brave enough to do it I was happy, 10 bucks, well I won't make any at that price. Even though I would have only come once or twice I won't for that much. I don't mean to tell you your business, but I would suggest 10 per team and make it bring your own partner. Better price point and bring your own assures you get interested parties.
        educate your thinking

Comment

503-840-5307
          or
          Npwiller07@gmail.com
          Yay I agree $10 is too much person.

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

BYOP sounds like a recipe for the same team winning every week.
            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

10 dollars some of us disc golfers cant afford that it is to steep but good luck on your quest for these events
              PDGA # 31451
              2 Mini Aces
              74 Aces
              PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
              DISC GOLF OR DIE
              BOB CABAL
              DISCVANGO
              JEFF ELLIOT
              G-MAN
              JORDAN LEWIS
              JEFF HAGERTY
              JAMES GARCELON
              SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Soggy Saturdays..

Bring your own partner is always kind of lame. Random doubles is better.

I DO like the idea of charging more. This increases the payout, filters out the field, and keeps the event from getting too crowded. There are plenty of other events out there. Hopefully, this will attract more serious competitors.

We need more specialized events, and this is starting to happen - pro only, am only, chick flick, handicapped leagues, etc. How about more Masters only events etc??

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by PDX_Stu View Post
                  Bring your own partner is always kind of lame. Random doubles is better.

I DO like the idea of charging more. This increases the payout, filters out the field, and keeps the event from getting too crowded. There are plenty of other events out there. Hopefully, this will attract more serious competitors.

We need more specialized events, and this is starting to happen - pro only, am only, chick flick, handicapped leagues, etc. How about more Masters only events etc??

Cheers

That's a good point, but I'm not sure if Soggy Saturdays is the best place to start. SS has always been a very casual series with a strong beginner/intermediate following; raising the price to $10.00/person would likely keep many of them away.

Comment

First off I apologize for not being able to get back to you guys as quick as I would like.. I do MOST of my posting from my cell phone, so please bare with me.

What I think I'm going to do is have a free game for THIS Saturday, the first Saturday of October. I will see how many people are in favor of each price, $5 and $10. I will then go with whatever the majority rules.

We will start at 1pm every Saturday! AGAIN....FIRST GAME IS FREE! Please attend and show your support for the price of your choice. Thank you all for your input and patients!

If any one has further questions/comments, for a quick response, please email me at

Nwiller07@yahoo.com

Comment

First off I apologize for not being able to get back to you guys as quick as I would like.. I do MOST of my posting from my cell phone, so please bare with me.

What I think I'm going to do is have a free game for THIS Saturday, the first Saturday of October. I will see how many people are in favor of each price, $5 and $10. I will then go with whatever the majority rules.

We will start at 1pm every Saturday! AGAIN....FIRST GAME IS FREE! Please attend and show your support for the price of your choice. Thank you all for your input and patients!

If any one has further questions/comments, for a quick response, please email me at

Nwiller07@yahoo.com
                      This sounds like a great way to get people out and choose a price plan, however I can think of two obstacles. Willamette Open and Hab/Rec are this weekend. Just tossin' that out there.
                      Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                      PDGA #37890
                      Stumptown #157
                      ODW TDG 10-11
                      3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

Yea, I'm just gunna charge 5 bucks... Keep it small and simple for this years SS... And I noticed this weekend is a busy one so I think I'll stick to having a free game for this saturday (The first saturday) of Soggys..

I hope to start another tourney this summer that will be higher in price to play, maybe at hornings or something.... I'm really sold on the idea of fat pot winnings and lots of prizes.. Any ways, thanks again guys and I'll be in touch..

Right now as far as prizes go, I'm going to haft to put some of my own money down I think, But I'm hoping to have some discs as CTP prizes and what not...

And SOGGYs will pair randomly!

Comment

The first saturday was great.. I hope to see more of you out there!!

Comment

The first saturday was great.. I hope to see more of you out there!!
                            How many people showed up?

Comment

the oregon vs ucla game is tomm at 12:30
                              so my buddies and i cannot attend unfortunately

have fun though

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X