Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other series: Hornings series on Saturday morning in the fall?

I am pinging to see who would be interested in a Hornings fall series? Perhaps the middle of September until Team Golf starts? Although I don't know when team golf starts.
    Thinking that singles by PDGA division or something like that. Haven't thought it through completely, because I am not sure of the participation and interest level.
    Training to be a bagger

Love the idea, but fall is the one time of year that I can't do it (Saturday mornings=soccer).

Comment

This sounds like fun, Kent. If you build it, I am sure we will come sometimes, at least.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sounds great, but I would be more likely to attend if it were held at various venues as opposed to all at the same course.... Then again, there will be THREE courses there, WOW!!!!! I have NEVER been to a DG facility with three separate 18 holes courses (Steilly freaks - keep a cork in it...) - AWESOME!
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

or a sweet handicap league...
          Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
            Although I don't know when team golf starts.
            Then you didn't check the calendar did you?

There's this really cool new disc golf calendar you might have heard tell of. Not even hard to get to, you just click the word CALENDAR above and BAM! you can know when Team Disc Golf starts.

Amazing new technology these intertubes...
            Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I say go for it all of fall and winter Kent. The team disc players are all pretty much set in making all team disc events. You throwing something like this wont hurt team disc at all. This will give others a chance to play some kind of league or event in the fall/winter, since obviously not everyone is going to be able to play Team Disc. I bet you get a good tournout every week as long as you hype it up here, and through word of mouth.
              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I know that I would show up for some of these events at Hornings, and with 3 courses to choose from, well come on, 3 courses to choose from...and I agree with Troy, if you're going to do this, why not for the season, though I understand it would be a large commitment on your part to TD these.
                educate your thinking

Comment

I too would try to make it out for some of these if they happen.
                  Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                    I say go for it all of fall and winter Kent. The team disc players are all pretty much set in making all team disc events. You throwing something like this wont hurt team disc at all. This will give others a chance to play some kind of league or event in the fall/winter, since obviously not everyone is going to be able to play Team Disc. I bet you get a good tournout every week as long as you hype it up here, and through word of mouth.
                    The world MUST be coming to an end as I agree with Trozzle.

Go for it! Not everybody wants to commit to playing rain or shine in TDG and this would give others something else to do. Not that you need my blessing, but you got it anyway Smo!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                    Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                    Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                    Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                    Or does here stand the last remaining man
                    To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                    No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                    Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                    Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

I would make it to at least one. Probably more.

Comment

SS @ HH 4 2 seasons?? I'm in! & probably have a couple CTP prizes to contribute.

Comment

If it is happening, then I will come often as I can as I don't want to go thru the withdrawal of not playing more disc golf during fall or winter.
                          PDGA 38506
                          ODDGA 27
                          DDGA 176
                          2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

So, what if we started with a multi format? One week skins, the next week dubs, the next week individual, etc.? I like to use the winter for skills building and disc breaking in. Perhaps we could include a Pro led clinic or two throughout as well. I like variety.

Should we start this Saturday? Meet at HH at 8:30 am for a round of Best disc dubs? Would anyone show up? Let me know.
                            Training to be a bagger

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X