X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is looking to be a great day to disc! I will only take the first 72 players tomorrow!!! With the amount of people going to be on the course already this is going to be a very slow night. So get there early since the park will be filled with other park goers and the parking will be going fast.

Kevin

Comment

Well hello Dabney peeps! What a night! There were 64 players that showed up to play on a perfect night for disc.

Thank you for the CTP's - Danny Worts (Roc), Lankins (Wizard), Tim Skelly (Tern).

Ace pot was at $117... WAS!!! Congrats to Travis Head for hitting #16!

If you want to see results go to FB - Dics503.

See you next Thursday!

Kevin Madrid
      TD - The Dabney Doubles

2014 Dabney Acers
      Jordan Lewis - Hole #14
      Shaggy - Hole #19
      Brian G. - Hole #13
      Travis Head - Hole #16

Comment

Alright, get ready...the fairway grass is now cut out at Dabney. The technical playing will be similar to last year, with the grass heights and cut areas changing week to week. I was also able to procure some nice BIG tree cuts for extra seating and bag / beverage rests! I've got a disc for Travis, just couldn't read the phone #. Many thanks to all you guys who show up during the year and help keep the park clean-your help is appreciated and recognized!!! See you all out there!

Comment

YES! i was out there today and the fairways are visible, the tree cut seating IS Big (one's a coffee table!), well placed and appreciated. Thanks
          "good ol' Roc, nothin' beats that!"

Comment

Well hello all you crazies that showed up to play! 53 players on not the friendliest of nights. As of now 113 different players have shown up to play The Dabs... Thank you! There was light rain most of the night then with about 8 holes left the heavens opened up and gave us the one two punch. Even with the rains there were a lot of good scores... -13 Fancher and Shaggy... (4) -11, -10 if you made worst no money for you!

Thank you to Fancher (Born2Fly hat) and DC Dan (Loc shirts) for the CTP's

No aces last night so roll over till next week.

Results at FB Discin503

See you next Thursday!

Kevin
            TD - The Dabney Doubles

2014 Dabney Acers
            Jordan Lewis - Hole #14
            Shaggy - Hole #19
            Brian G. - Hole #13
            Travis Head - Hole #16

Comment

BOOOM!!!!

Oh what a night! If you didn't make it out... sorry you missed a great night at Dabney!!!! We had a full course last night which was first time this year. This was a special night for me because this was the first time my wife came to the dubs and she was amazed on how many people were there to play. We rolled in around 4:30 and there was a line of 40 bags holding spots for players.
              Thank you for the CTP's Renee (my wife) Baggallini bag, Greg McKnight - destroyer ?, Tom Dooley - Roc, and Charlie Tellessen - beautiful glass plate.

No aces last night, but one was almost hit on 10 while I was waiting to tee off on hole 8. The best part was the player jokingly said SHHHH going for the ace. Seconds later chains were ringing and then the disc fell out. So close yet so far.

If you want to see the standing to FB Discin503

See you next Thursday,

Kevin
              TD The Dabney Doubles.

2014 Dabney Acers
              Jordan Lewis - Hole #14
              Shaggy - Hole #19
              Brian G. - Hole #13
              Travis Head - Hole #16

Comment

Let's rock it this evening! Can't wait to see all the peeps!

Comment

Attachment Dabney Doubles 5/22/14 - EPIC NIGHT!
                  I want to start off by saying sorry to the 6-8 players that I had to turn away last night. When I arrived at Dabney at 4:10 there we easily 40 bags in line. By the time Danny W. and I moved 6 baskets there was easily 50-60 bags in line and is wasn't 4:40 yet. By 5 everyone was getting the itch to sign-up soooo I started sign-ups and filled the course with 74 players by 5:15!!!! So if the weather is going to look amazing like yesterday... GET THERE EARLY!!!!!

Now back to regular Dabney Dubs stuff... WHAT A NIGHT!!!! I want to thank everyone that comes out to support The Dabney Doubles and everyone that helps me get the tourney started (Danny Wortz, T-Ry, Ali). As of yesterday I have had 143 individual players come to play The dubs at least once. This is amazing.. I didn't hit the bottom of the 4th page till mid season last year.
                  Thank you for the CTP's last night... Lankins ($5), Justin Gaston (Born2Fly shirt and disc), Jason Pinkal (NA shirts and water bottle).
                  Like I said earlier we had another full course back to back weeks which is amazing! There could have been easily 90 -100 players on the course with the added casual players on the course as well. The top scores from last night -13, (4) -12, (3) -10 for the payouts. There is a new leader on top of the board - Jeremy Fancher! Now that the ace pot is getting up there need to put into rule that if you are coming out and first time and your are coming only to run for the ace... you will only win the amount for the evening.
                  Be safe out there this Memorial Day weekend!
                  See you next Thursday!

Kevin
                  TD - The Dabney Doubles

2014 Dabney Acers
                  Jordan Lewis - Hole #14
                  Shaggy - Hole #19
                  Brian G. - Hole #13
                  Travis Head - Hole #16

Comment

Dabney Doubles 5/22/14 - EPIC NIGHT!
                    I want to start off by saying sorry to the 6-8 players that I had to turn away last night. When I arrived at Dabney at 4:10 there we easily 40 bags in line. By the time Danny W. and I moved 6 baskets there was easily 50-60 bags in line and is wasn't 4:40 yet. By 5 everyone was getting the itch to sign-up soooo I started sign-ups and filled the course with 74 players by 5:15!!!! So if the weather is going to look amazing like yesterday... GET THERE EARLY!!!!!

Now back to regular Dabney Dubs stuff... WHAT A NIGHT!!!! I want to thank everyone that comes out to support The Dabney Doubles and everyone that helps me get the tourney started (Danny Wortz, T-Ry, Ali). As of yesterday I have had 143 individual players come to play The dubs at least once. This is amazing.. I didn't hit the bottom of the 4th page till mid season last year.
                    Thank you for the CTP's last night... Lankins ($5), Justin Gaston (Born2Fly shirt and disc), Jason Pinkal (NA shirts and water bottle).
                    Like I said earlier we had another full course back to back weeks which is amazing! There could have been easily 90 -100 players on the course with the added casual players on the course as well. The top scores from last night -13, (4) -12, (3) -10 for the payouts. There is a new leader on top of the board - Jeremy Fancher! Now that the ace pot is getting up there need to put into rule that if you are coming out and first time and your are coming only to run for the ace... you will only win the amount for the evening.
                    Be safe out there this Memorial Day weekend!
                    See you next Thursday!

Kevin
                    TD - The Dabney Doubles

Want to see standings need to go to Facebook - Discin503

2014 Dabney Acers
                    Jordan Lewis - Hole #14
                    Shaggy - Hole #19
                    Brian G. - Hole #13
                    Travis Head - Hole #16

Comment

Attachment
                      Hello my Dabney peeps on another cloudy day.
                      I want to thank everyone there in taking a moment of silence for Emillo and the whole Reynolds family before our tourney. Thoughts and prayers to everyone associated with the tragic event that took place earlier this week.
                      We had 54 players show up and enjoy the evening before the rains hit us HARD for 3 holes. I didn't get soaked until the second hole of the rain falling and I was on the tee pad 9 and I could only see half way down the fairway... yeah half way. At least I threw the length I could see on that hole . Besides that the night turned to be a great evening for disc. There is a lead change again on the top... defending champ Camo is back on top

I cannot do this by myself and want to thank Danny Wortz, Tom Dooley, The Brit for helping getting this party started as smooth as possible.
                      Thank you to Chadwick - ABDG for a disc, Charlie Tellessen (beautiful work), & DC Dan for a RocLobster shirt and disc.
                      Without these people mentioned above my Dabney Doubles wouldn't be the best it can be...THANK YOU!!!
                      Have a safe weekend and see you all next Thursday!
                      Kevin
                      TD - The Dabney Doubles

2014 Dabney Acers
                      Jordan Lewis - Hole #14
                      Shaggy - Hole #19
                      Brian G. - Hole #13
                      Mike Albertson - Hole #15
                      David Gualtieri - Hole #13

Comment

Hello my Dabney peeps on another cloudy day.
                        I want to thank everyone there in taking a moment of silence for Emillo and the whole Reynolds family before our tourney. Thoughts and prayers to everyone associated with the tragic event that took place earlier this week.
                        We had 54 players show up and enjoy the evening before the rains hit us HARD for 3 holes. I didn't get soaked until the second hole of the rain falling and I was on the tee pad 9 and I could only see half way down the fairway... yeah half way. At least I threw the length I could see on that hole . Besides that the night turned to be a great evening for disc. There is a lead change again on the top... defending champ Camo is back on top

I cannot do this by myself and want to thank Danny Wortz, Tom Dooley, The Brit for helping getting this party started as smooth as possible.
                        Thank you to Chadwick - ABDG for a disc, Charlie Tellessen (beautiful work), & DC Dan for a RocLobster shirt and disc.
                        Without these people mentioned above my Dabney Doubles wouldn't be the best it can be...THANK YOU!!!

Sorry cannot post standings on this site... go to FB discin503

Have a safe weekend and see you all next Thursday!
                        Kevin
                        TD - The Dabney Doubles

2014 Dabney Acers
                        Jordan Lewis - Hole #14
                        Shaggy - Hole #19
                        Brian G. - Hole #13
                        Mike Albertson - Hole #15
                        David Gualtieri - Hole #13

Comment

Well after 19weeks... this will be the last of Dabney Dubs for the summer. So if you guys/gals get bored watching worlds live come out to enjoy a beautiful park and have fun with all the Dabney peeps. There is a nice size ace pot tonight and I will be putting a lot of the baskets in the short placement to see if I can give the $$$$ away. See you tonight on the last night of The Dubs.

Comment

The end of my 13th year of Dabney Doubles is coming to a close with the Match Play for the Top 16 and the Best of the Rest (people on the first page and people that donated CTP's) Best of the Rest '14
                            DATE August 20
                            Time: Sign-ups 5pm to 5:30 play SAP
                            Bring $5 payout top 3-4 teams.
                            Kevin Madrid
                            The Brit
                            John Deitz
                            Aaron Walker
                            Jamie M
                            Matt Frantz
                            Chadwick
                            Justin Rulz
                            Donald Smith