Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Putting League!

This is gonna be fun, check it out http://www.4discgolf.com/league
    Stadium Putting League

Firefly Disc Golf is excited to announce the beginning of the Stadium Putting League. This will be an 8 week league starting Wednesday, February 19th and concluding on April 9th, 2014. It will be held from 7:30 pm to 9 pm at "The Stadium" in Vancouver, Washington. (5305 NE 121st Avenue)

Each week's challenge will be unique but the principle will be the same. Practice time and explanation of the week's format followed by competitive rounds on that weeks putting course. We'll have at least 4 baskets each week and several distances and obstacles at each basket. Points will be awarded for each putt you make from each station at each basket. Your score for each round will count and we will track your progress each week so you can see if the practice is helping your game.

Firefly Disc Golf will be giving one entry to the Bad Monkey Open to a player in the Stadium Putting League. Particpants in the SPL will get one entry for each week they participate. The entry is transferrable so if you are unable to play in the BMO for any reason you can give that entry to another player.
    PDGA# 49616
    Stumptown# 353
    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Attachment It's true. Firefly Disc Golf is running an indoor putting league. I'm really excited about the facility and chance to personally practice my putting skills over the next few weeks. The owner of the facility is super excited to learn about our sport. We'll be practice putting on artificial turf at real baskets. We'll also add in a few obstacles to keep it interesting. Invite your friends.

We will accept walk up participants, but we are going to charge you extra to do that because we really need to know how much of the facility to rent each week and if we are going to break even or not. We need 15 people to break even renting half the facility. If we get more than that we can rent the entire facility and really go crazy! There will also be the option of using the radar gun some weeks and seeing who has the fastest throw.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

Steve

http://www.4discgolf.com/14SPL

Comment

I am just guessing, but... no outside beverages allowed? Is there food or drink for purchase or is this strictly a sports complex?

This is a great idea that has been kicked around a bunch. I know several PDX people looking to start something like this at a bar or pub - myself included. Will definitely come out to support these events as they are sure to be a ton of fun!
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The Stadium is a brand new facility and other than a few water bottles for sale for a $1 they do not have a concession service at this time. I'm pretty sure water bottles, sports drinks, etc are allowed.

Comment

Thanks, Steve! See you next Wednesday!
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

League is TONIGHT! Time 7:30 to at least 8:30...probably 9:00 depending on how many come tonight. Unfortunately, we only have a few participants signed up in advance with a bunch of people that say they are coming so I have only rented part of the indoor stadium. We will be extending the season price to players that come tonight AND allowing them to sign up for a partial season commitment at a slightly reduced rate from the ďArrive and PayĒ price of $7. Feel free to invite others to come out tonight!

Each player should bring at least 3 putters. We have designed a course that will be consistent from week to week where each player will putt 14 times during each round with points awarded per putt based on the distance of the putt. We should have time to play at least 3 rounds and there will be plenty of practice time before and/or between rounds. Distances for putts will vary from 4m (~13 feet) to 12m (~39 feet). We will also have several obstacles to putt around, under or through on the course.

We currently have over $400 in prizes to give out over the 8 week series. If you know of donations or wish to donate something for the league feel free to bring it tonight.

Ryan & Steve

Comment

The crew from week one had a great time. Scores posted on Disc Golf Scene under Leagues.
              For week #2. We can't get on the turf before 8pm next week so please plan accordingly.

We'll also be giving away a t'shirt to anyone that came the first week and brings a friend for week #2.

Comment

Here's part of the group that came out for the Stadum Putting League week #1. It's not too late to join and improve your putting game. For season bragging rights we'll take the top 5 weeks and determine a winner in each division so you've only lost one throw away week if you didn't make it last week. Next week, February 26th we won't be able to start before 8 pm so plan accordingly as other groups have the arena area prior, but setup should go quicker on week two.

Comment

We will be starting at 8pm again this week. Leaders are posted on Disc Golf Scene
                  http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/Stadium_Putting_League_2014

Comment

Just a couple weeks left in the Stadium Putting League. Join us tonight (Wednesday) at 8pm at The Stadium 95305 NE 121st Ave #109 Vancouver) It only costs $7 to join and we will be giving away 2 $25 gift certificates, plus you'll get a chance to work on your putting skillz!

Comment

Sounds awesome. Sorry I missed it from the beginning but I will be there tonight! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Alright people here's the deal. I had so much fun with the Stadium Putting League that I'm going to bring the baskets to Carter Park this Wednesday night around 6pm and set up another putting challenge. We'll have the same 6 baskets and 14 putts for a maximum of 100 points, but we'll be outdoors with real trees to putt around and real wind!

There will be NO FEE to participate and you can come anytime between 6:15ish and 8pm to throw your putts. You can throw as many rounds as you want as we'll be doing this in a more open house style. I still have a couple $25 gift certificates to give away as I see fit AND we'll do the drawing for the BMO entry for everyone that participated in the Stadium Putting League at 7pm.

Carter Park is located at the corner of 33rd Street and Washington Street just a few blocks west of Main Street and less than a mile from Leverich Park. Bring your putters and come work on your putts.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1392...4406/?source=1

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X