• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other series: Doubles at Grand Lodge

From the Grand Lodge calendar:

Wednesday, July 22
    DISC GOLF DOUBLES
    A fun, informal event for beginners, recreational and more experienced players!
    6 p.m. 'til 8 p.m. | Free | All ages welcome

Wednesday, August 5
    DISC GOLF DOUBLES
    A fun, informal event for beginners, recreational and more experienced players!
    6 p.m. 'til 8 p.m. | Free | All ages welcome

Learn this fun, challenging sport from player Garry Hanley. Bring the whole family by -- all are welcome, from rookies to pros!

Come early for dinner at the Grand Lodge, or stay late for evening drinks.

I remember seeing at on the McMenaman's website. I really want to play out there again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
      I remember seeing at on the McMenaman's website. I really want to play out there again soon.
      It's a ton of fun. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to play on summer evenings because the grounds are so full of non-golfers. Hopefully it won't be as bad during an organized event.

We can't make it next week, but Matthew and I will try to make it to the one in August.

Comment

That's too bad. I wish that they had decided to do this on a weekend. Haven't been to the GL for a long, long time.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          That's too bad. I wish that they had decided to do this on a weekend. Haven't been to the GL for a long, long time.
          The shut down the course for weddings most weekends and I don't blame them. They are going to make lots more money that way.

I think we played in April so there was not any extra people.

Comment

Doubles @ Grand Lodge

I just came home from the doubles tournament earlier tonight. My first tournament and I had a great time. Even though me and my partner came in last, I still had a blast.

They are holding it again on Wednesday, August 5. I recommend it to everyone.

Was anyone from this forum there tonight?
            DGCR #4424

My Photography Link:
            http://www.modelmayhem.com/2162

Comment

I had no idea that this was happening, but I wouldnt have made it anyways.
              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

i was out there tonight..it was a good first tournament to make my girlfriend play...lol
                since it was bring your own partner and so casual

Comment

Did they give out any prizes to the winners? Just curious.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Did they give out any prizes to the winners? Just curious.
                    They did to the top 6, plus a prize for closest to the pin and longest putt.
                    DGCR #4424

My Photography Link:
                    http://www.modelmayhem.com/2162

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X