Lunchtime League 2009: Mondays in June, July, & August at 6:00 PM Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunchtime League 2009: Mondays in June, July, & August at 6:00 PM

Lunchtime League 2009: Mondays in June, July, & August at 6:00 PM

Lunchtime League 2009 starts next Monday, June 1. For more info: www.lunchtime.us .

* Handicapped Weekly Series - any skill level can win any given week!
    * Initial Handicap: based on highest division you have played (ANY event)
    * Initial Handicap: Pro = +4.8 / Adv = +1.6 / Int = -1.6 / Nov = -4.8
    * Initial Handicap Bump (except Pro: your last year's LL division plus +1.5 shots)
    * after 2 weeks: handicap = 80% of the difference between your average and the field average
    * For every 5 weeks you play, one of your highest scores is thrown out of your handicap calculation
    * Best 10 finishes wins the series by a 1-up points system
    * Series trophies to top points finishers
    * Pizza / BBQ / veggies frequently donated by GPBC & volunteers
    * $5 or $6 entry fee = $4 to payout, $1 to trophy fund, optional $1 Progressive Ace Pot - throw-off held each week that pot hits $150 or more
    * "Qualifier" prizes for players with most weeks played
    * CTP prizes often donated by Vendors and players
    * Indoor Tournament Central
    * full stats viewable on Internet every week
    * not PDGA sanctioned

• Darr
    replied
    It sure was a bummer to not head out to Lunchtime for league night tonight.
    I made up for it putting on my new Mach Lite I won in the finals. 1st in PRO
    Thanks again Stern for another great season. I'm already looking forward to next year

Leave a comment:

• Eric Olson
    replied
    Thanks Gawain and everyone else who helped out. Lunchtime league was great again this year, even though I wasn't able to make it as often as I would have liked.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Yeah... thanks Gawain for another awesome season. Already jonesing for next year.

Leave a comment:

• Susie Sunshine
    replied
    Thanks for another fun summer, Gawain!

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Lunchtime League results for FINAL week 14

Lunchtime League results for week FINAL 14 attached below (PDF). Full results at web site (Excel-friendly HTM, requires free Yahoo account): www.lunchtime.us. Full analysis to follow, when I recover. Thanks to all the players for coming out, and all the helpers for helping out (especially Albert Ricker, Shannon Helser, Will Odom, Sam Gibson, Chris Graham, David Megin, Julie Gorman, John Gorman, George Adams, Patrick Darr, John Stach, John Muirhead, Laurel, Laura, Wayne, Lynn, Caris, everyone else who helped out, GPBC, course creator Full-On Dave, we love you all!)!

All I can add at this point, (though I hope to wax poetic through statistical analysis before interest wanes): DAVID BABUKA HOLDS ON!

Amazingly even knowing he would miss the last 2 weeks of League, he WON THE whole thing, including the CUSTOM MACH III PORTABLE BASKET!

His wisest move in my opinion, LETTING EVERYONE KNOW he would be missing the last 2 weeks, thereby mentally mind-bending the ENTIRE COMPETITION, causing them to implode, melting down AGAINST EACH OTHER, and NO ONE bettered his 10-best total after week 12!!!

Don't think he didn't earn it either - whenever I happened to play Lunchtime who did I see - practicing alone? DAVID BABUKA!

Last edited by TreeLove; September 1st, 2009, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Wow. What an AWESOME final week. At least in my group - WE had a GREAT time! Scores to follow, hang tough...

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Lunchtime League results for week 13

Lunchtime League results for week 13 attached below (PDF). Full results at web site (Excel-friendly HTM, requires free Yahoo account): www.lunchtime.us. Thanks to all the players for coming out, and all the helpers for helping out (especially Jordan Lewis, Albert Ricker, Will Odom, Shannon Helser)!

Don't miss next week, week #14, FINAL week! Ace pot toss (if not hit), 2 awards ceremonies, and dinner (potluck possible depending on GPBC availability, stay tuned)! The SWEET season trophies for the top 7 spots will be awarded, along with the loyalty prizes for players with the most weeks played! We may have other treats as well...

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Lunchtime League results for week 12 attached below (PDF). Full results at web site (Excel-friendly HTM, requires free Yahoo account): www.lunchtime.us. Thanks to Hood Outdoor & The Wilberscheids for the CTP donations! (Burton Back Pack, hole 9, Aaron K, Discraft Pro-D XL, hole 8, Torrey Tuft) Thanks to all the players for coming out, and all the helpers for helping out (especially Albert Ricker, Will Odom, Shannon Helser, and Wes Hansen!) Trophies are ordered, paying to 7th place, they are SWEET! See you all next week!

Ace Pot CTP Throwoff: $166.00, hole 2, short tee:
    1st: Shannon Helser, $100, 3', Pro Wraith
    2nd: Tyler Sherman, $50, 8', D Cyclone
    3rd: John Reichert, $17, 9', Champion Valkyrie

2 weeks left!
    Last edited by TreeLove; August 18th, 2009, 07:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    That was fun.

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Week 11 Results!

Lunchtime League results for week 11 attached below (PDF). Full results at web site (Excel-friendly HTM, requires free Yahoo account): www.lunchtime.us. Thanks to Hood Outdoor for the CTP donation! (Innova Champion Huk Lab yellow Firebird 166 g, hole 9, Terry Lomax) Thanks to all the players for coming out, and all the helpers for helping out (especially Albert Ricker, Will Odom, Shannon Helser, and whomever read the names off this week!) Trophies are ordered, paying to 7th place, they are SWEET! Likely ace pot throw-off next week! See you all next week!

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Almost guaranteed, Justin.

Leave a comment:

• all2common
    replied
    Is there anybody playing this tonight who will be at the Calapooia Classic this weekend?

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Lunchtime League results for week 9 attached

Maybe that triple-digit heat was too much for my shriveled old brain (probably
    why I squandered 5 birdies by tacking on 3 bogies), but I forgot to copy the
    scores onto my flash drive, so I could not post them until I returned to the student center.

Also, I thought I would poll folks to see if we wanted to throw in for some
    pizzas, in case there is no food next week. I know Papa Johns used to give GPBC good deals on stacks of pizzas, and maybe they're close by enough that someone could run down after their last hole and grab them? Would you be willing to throw in $2 for pizza as a backup plan?

Lunchtime League results for week 9 attached below (PDF). Full results at web site (Excel-friendly HTM, requires free Yahoo account): www.lunchtime.us. Thanks to all the players for coming out, and all the helpers for helping out (especially Albert Ricker, Will Odom, Shannon Helser)! See you all next week!
    Last edited by TreeLove; August 2nd, 2009, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Lunchtime League results for week 8 attached below (PDF). Full results at web site (Excel-friendly HTM, requires free Yahoo account): www.lunchtime.us. Thanks to all the players for coming out, and all the helpers for helping out (especially Albert Ricker, John Muirhead, Jordan Lewis, Will Odom, Shannon Helser, George Adams, David Zimmerman)! See you all next week!

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X