Lunchtime League 2009: Mondays in June, July, & August at 6:00 PM Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunchtime League: Lunchtime League 2009: Mondays in June, July, & August at 6:00 PM

Lunchtime League 2009: Mondays in June, July, & August at 6:00 PM

Lunchtime League 2009 starts next Monday, June 1. For more info: www.lunchtime.us .

* Handicapped Weekly Series - any skill level can win any given week!
    * Initial Handicap: based on highest division you have played (ANY event)
    * Initial Handicap: Pro = +4.8 / Adv = +1.6 / Int = -1.6 / Nov = -4.8
    * Initial Handicap Bump (except Pro: your last year's LL division plus +1.5 shots)
    * after 2 weeks: handicap = 80% of the difference between your average and the field average
    * For every 5 weeks you play, one of your highest scores is thrown out of your handicap calculation
    * Best 10 finishes wins the series by a 1-up points system
    * Series trophies to top points finishers
    * Pizza / BBQ / veggies frequently donated by GPBC & volunteers
    * $5 or $6 entry fee = $4 to payout, $1 to trophy fund, optional $1 Progressive Ace Pot - throw-off held each week that pot hits $150 or more
    * "Qualifier" prizes for players with most weeks played
    * CTP prizes often donated by Vendors and players
    * Indoor Tournament Central
    * full stats viewable on Internet every week
    * not PDGA sanctioned
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Hell yeah!!! Lunchtime League is my favorite!! I was scared when I still didn't see it on the calendar yesterday. Made Eric hold me and reassure me. Hahaha!

See ya'll Monday!!

Comment

YES! YES! YES!

No more boring Mondays!
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I cant wait!!!! this is my first year playing disc golf and i love it! ive been playing lunchtime alot and someone just told me about this site and the tournaments. this summer is going to roc! hehe...

Comment

Thanks Gawain.

Comment

The newest McBagger Rule:

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            * Initial Handicap Bump (except Pro: your last year's LL division plus +1.5 shots)

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

gowain you so i'll bring you some

Comment

I Can't Wait!!!

Comment

i hope i can come too some of these this year

Comment

which tee box's are used in league? maybe i should just wait to see but im kindof curious so i can practice up

Comment

Originally posted by XandorF View Post
                        which tee box's are used in league? maybe i should just wait to see but im kindof curious so i can practice up
                        My understanding is all the long's except 11 I think.

Cindy
                        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

thanks, 11 would make sense... seeing as i dont think there is one there...

Comment

how is my handicap decided? this is my first year playing and first time around in league. and also... is it doubles or what?

im not gonna be able to sleep, its like waiting to go to Disney Land!

Comment

See web site for details: www.lunchtime.us

Lunchtime League is a handicapped singles series. We will be playing singles.

Initial handicap is determined by the "highest division you have played in any event no matter how small":

* Initial Handicap: Pro = +4.8 / Adv = +1.6 / Int = -1.6 / Nov = -4.8

(If you have never played a tournament, you may help us select which "division" is most appropriate for you.)

For players who have played in League before:

Remember, initial handicap is only effective for you first two outings, after which it is calculated as "80% of the difference between your average and the field average".

Yes, hole 11 has only one tee. (The "long" tee was closed years ago for safety reasons. It may only be used for Ice Bowl, which is currently not being held, but watch out for StumpTown to maybe bring it back....) All other holes are played from the long tee in League. Do you know where long tees are for holes 4 and 9? (For that matter, do you know where the short tee is for 5?) On hole 4, players unable to regularly throw the 319' required to get in bounds on a straight line might consider laying up onto the mowed grass on the right.) I can get you a map if need be.

Remember that League is handicapped, so everyone has an equal shot at winning, no matter which course we play. League rewards players for improvement throughout the season. It's a lot of fun, and a great way for beginners, kids, ladies, older folks, etc. to have some fun in a casual tournament format.
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X