• Show
Clear All

• SeaTac Fridays: sea tac random draw fridays

5 o clock.
    Find trevor.
    Have fun.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Who's Trevor and has this been cleared with Guy?
    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
      Who's Trevor and has this been cleared with Guy?
      why does it need to be cleared with Guy? cant anybody run a doubles? not trying to start trouble, just curious.

one other thing. i was playing up there with chUck the other day and asked him if there was a club that takes care of seatac. he said no, but Guy does some upkeep on it. Why isnt there a local club up there that will take care of that course?
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
        why does it need to be cleared with Guy? cant anybody run a doubles? not trying to start trouble, just curious.

one other thing. i was playing up there with chUck the other day and asked him if there was a club that takes care of seatac. he said no, but Guy does some upkeep on it. Why isnt there a local club up there that will take care of that course?
        Well, there is a club ...sort of. Since Guy is the de facto course manager, he is kind of the club lead. Those of us that provide maintenance, support, and funds via various tourneys (e.g., 4th Sunday ace pot -shameless plug) and work parties defer to Guy's decisions on what and how the course will be operated and maintained. Herm et al. was the course founder and club lead (Herm's DG Club - really?! a club named for a person and not a course?! ), but that has apparently all been passed along to Guy, and I don't think there's an official club name.

Insofar as random draw dubs on Friday, GREAT! I'm sure there are no issues with that as long as there is $1/head collected for the club. Currently funds are being collected to help pay for new benches - at present, those funds have been primarily coming out of pocket (mostly Guy's).

Long story short, I'm fairly certain that's what Jub was referring to when he said "have you cleared it with Guy". Lord knows we could use more people out and Seatac not only to play, but to help with the ongoing goal of improving the course and clearing out blackberries, scotch broom, and garbage collection (Jub's forte).

Comment

Hey, you regular players, keep an eye out for the bench by #14 tee, its disappeared.
          We noticed it when we played last Sunday, and I know it was there last Saturday.
          We looked within about a 200' radius, thinking a person might have dragged it into the bushes to sleep on, but we couldnt find it anywhere.

Comment

Everyone,

meet trevor
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Is this back at SeaTac now? I know Lakewood was fostering it for a while, but a bird told me that with the recent course cleanup it has returned to the 'Tac... word?
              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

they've been at seatac the last few fridays, so probably yes.

Comment

If anyone could let me know when this is postponed for the winter b/c of shorter days, I'd much appreciate it. BTW - How much does it cost for the seatac dubs?
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X