Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to Stu's site for the points...

See you Thursday.

Comment

Once again a beautiful night at Dabney. A lot of new faces last night. Always nice to meet new people.

We are down to four tourneys left this season before the playoffs and finals I don't know where the summer has went.

You can go to Stu's site for standings in the next couple of days.

See ya' next Thursday,

Kevin

Comment

Dabney results :week 15 are posted

Hope to see you next week.

http://www.aracnet.com/~stuart/teamgolf.htm

Cheers

Comment

Sent info to Stu...pts may not be up till after the Brew Festival...Stu and and maybe one more .

Comment

Standing are up...

See you on a warm Thursday

Comment

Thanks Kevin and Stu.

Comment

Sorry for the delay on getting the scores to Stu...busy, busy, busy.

This Thursday...shall I say it ...no I don't want to ... ummmm ... THIS IS THE LAST TOURNEY OF THE YEAR before playoffs and the finals . I know it went quick this year can't explain it. I still remember the BIG turnout on 4/21 and now it's 8/11 so sad.

I just want to say THANK YOU to all that have come out to enjoy a round of Dabney Doubles. There were almost 200 different people to show up and play at least one round of the Dubz ...AWESOME!

Take care,

Kevin Madrid

Comment

I know what ya mean...it went to fast...they say time flies when your having fun...that was warp speed...thanks for another great summer of thursdays....you rock

Comment

Off to the final night of Dabney Doubles...

Next week Best of the Rest and Playoff for the Top 12

Kevin

Comment

Well Dabney Dubz are complete...time for a little playoffs and Best of the Rest. Everyone participating in the Best of the Rest SIGN-UPS ARE STARTING AT 5PM and play 5:30 at the latest.
                      Remember to bring $5 to play in the BotR.

Congrats to Camo for the Points Champion...Back to Back (first repeating champ)

Congrats to the rest of the TOP 12...you can go to Stu's site later to see who has made it
                      A lot of ties in points for the TOP 12...how to break up the ties??? any suggestions.

Kevin

Comment

Dabney Doubles 2009 - Final Standings are posted..

with some additional info and comments from Kevin.

Cheers

Comment

Alright, alright, alright...let us get down to who will be playing who....and for how much $$ .

Match-ups for Match play on 8/20
                          To break up the tie I am going to us their last points they scored on the final week. Nate and Ryan I had to go back an extra week to settle their tie.

So this is going to make some very good match-ups...

Hole 1
                          Camo vs Jeremy Fancher
                          Sean Helean vs Eddie F.

Hole 3
                          Nate Kabaza vs Don Stowell
                          Ryan "fat boy" Williams vs Mike Linaman

Hole 5
                          Doug "saulty nutz" Saulter vs Dizzy "spashie"
                          Timmy Skellenger vs Breece

How much will the Top 12 be playing for on 8/27....$900.00 bones
                          Top 6 will play for $30.00 a hole
                          Bottom 6 will play for $20.00 a hole

See ya' THURSDAY!!!

Kevin

REMEMBER SIGN UPS FOR BEST OF THE REST (8/20) IS AT 5PM OR WHEN I GET THERE

Last edited by Kevin Madrid; August 18th, 2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Top 12 and the Best of the Rest was awesome .

Congrats to Camo for points champ...enjoy your second trophy...Back to Back.

There were 24 of the 28 players that showed up to play the Best of the Rest.

Best of the Rest played for $276.00
                            1st Mike Best - Ali (-11) $110.00
                            2nd Ty Baker - Tom Dooley (-9) $69.00
                            3rd Jeff Cox - Kevin Madrid (-8) $55.00
                            4th Wes and Stan teamed up since there partners took off ...so they split $42.00

The Top 12 Match Play

Camo vs Jeremy Fancher...winner... Fancher 5 to 3
                            Sean Helean vs Eddie F...winner... Eddie F 6 to 4
                            Nate Kabaza vs Don Stowell...winner... Don Stowell 5 to 4
                            Fat Boy William vs Linaman...winner...Fat Boy! 4 to 1
                            Doug Saulter vs Dizzy...winner...Doug Saulter 8 to 4
                            Tim Skellenger vs Breece...winner...Skellenger 9 to 0

Next Thursday the Top 12 will be playing skins...

Top 6 - $30 a hole - $540.00 total
                            Jeremy Fancher, Eddie F, Don Stowell, Fat Boy, Doug Saulter, Tim Skellenger

Bottom 6 - $20 a hole - $360.00 total
                            Camo Mike, Sean Helean, Nate Kabaza, Mike Linaman, Dizzy, Breece

The Top 12 will be play by 5:30pm...come on out to watch some good golf!

Thank you all for making this another great year of DABNEY DOUBLES.

Kevin

Comment

Isn't that kind of an unusual way to express match play scores? Usually they are expressed as "X and Y", where:

X = number of holes the winner won by, and
                              Y = number of remaining holes that did not need to be played. (If Y = 0, then the final score is just expressed as 1 up or 2 up)

Actually, it is explained better at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_play

Examples: I am up 6 (I have outscored you on 6 holes) and there only 5 holes to play, therefore I win "6 and 5" (there is no need to play the remaining holes, because even if you win them all, I still beat you.)

So the technically correct way to express the scores would be:

Fancher def. Camo 2 up
                              Florance def. Helean 2 up
                              Stowell def. Kabza 1 up
                              Williams def. Linaman 3 and 2
                              Saulter def. Gillespie 4 and 3
                              Skellenger def. breece 9 and 8

Camo vs Jeremy Fancher...winner... Fancher 5 to 3
                              Sean Helean vs Eddie F...winner... Eddie F 6 to 4
                              Nate Kabaza vs Don Stowell...winner... Don Stowell 5 to 4
                              Fat Boy William vs Linaman...winner...Fat Boy! 4 to 1
                              Doug Saulter vs Dizzy...winner...Doug Saulter 8 to 4
                              Tim Skellenger vs Breece...winner...Skellenger 9 to 0

If I interpret the "points" correctly...

I know it is not a big deal, but I think that correct match play scoring traditions should be observed at match play events...
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

True! I was just going to put it 2up...etc. Instead put it down that way so you could see how many holes the losing person won as well.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X