X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
    It was a combo of both. If you want to get in be there at 5:30 when they start collecting money. No more of the 'play a round and wander in to sign up". I believe there were people on the course that did not get in. It did fill pretty quickly tho.

A few of us were commenting on how many NEW faces were out last night.
    Maybe they need to have two flights, 1st flight for unemployed or not currently working tee off at 3:00 pm, then second flight for employed teeing off at 6:00 pm!
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Was kind of kidding about the online registration (note the smiley).

It will kind of suck if I finally get out there next week and I can't get in. How early do you have to be there to get in? Did the guys who were turned away show up late, or did it fill early?
      the line forms in front of Gilmore even before he gets set up. I would say anything past 5:30 and you are not likely to get a spot. You could always phone a friend if you are running late. I had 2 other guys money last night. I do charge a fee for signing people up. JK
      Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash View Post
        Maybe they need to have two flights, 1st flight for unemployed or not currently working tee off at 3:00 pm, then second flight for employed teeing off at 6:00 pm!
        If it were singles we could do a flex start and allow people to start early. That is what the Sundog series does in MN (http://www.sundogtournamentseries.com/)
        Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

• Originally posted by smobro View Post
          the line forms in front of Gilmore even before he gets set up. I would say anything past 5:30 and you are not likely to get a spot. You could always phone a friend if you are running late. I had 2 other guys money last night. I do charge a fee for signing people up. JK
          Might have to do that. It will be a mighty challenge being there by 5:30.

Comment

• Wow. Is this getting to the point where we're going to need velvet ropes and security guards for sign-ups? If so, I am requesting a black t-shirt with the word "security" on the back - in trade for me running security, naturally.
            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

• Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
              Wow. Is this getting to the point where we're going to need velvet ropes and security guards for sign-ups? If so, I am requesting a black t-shirt with the word "security" on the back - in trade for me running security, naturally.
              AND a guaranteed spot on the A pool list!

Bob

Comment

• Um, no. Being in the "A" pool this past week did nothing to help my partner, unfortunately. We did manage to finish tied for 4th from last, though. At any rate, maybe D-Walk and I can both run security. I don't think too many people would want to mess with both of us...
                TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

• Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                  Um, no. Being in the "A" pool this past week did nothing to help my partner, unfortunately. We did manage to finish tied for 4th from last, though. At any rate, maybe D-Walk and I can both run security. I don't think too many people would want to mess with both of us...
                  That's what throwing a perfect round will get you - a one way ticket to the A-pool!

Comment

• Except I didn't move Mitch to the A-pool! Unfortunately, his partner was moved from B-pool to A-pool as part of the random balancing.

Results and standings have been caught up from when I was sick. It took longer than usual also because I corrupted the database two weeks ago.

But all is fixed now.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                      Results and standings have been caught up from when I was sick. It took longer than usual also because I corrupted the database two weeks ago.
                      Didn't know that databases could catch the swine flu!

Comment

• Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                        Except I didn't move Mitch to the A-pool!
                        My mistake - I assumed it was Mitch that was moved up. In any event, it was all just good-natured joking around.

Comment

• Originally posted by smobro View Post
                          Because of the high probability of having to turn players away, from now on I will no longer be accepting payments for other players. Everyone will have to stand in line themselves to register and pay to play.

This is the only fair way of handling the situation as I have already told others that they cannot pay me in advance if they have a hard time getting to the park at 5:30.

(This all reminds me of Lunchtime League 2 or 3 years ago when we had the big acepots...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            Didn't know that databases could catch the swine flu!
                            They can, indirectly. Especially when you try to manually update a row to fix a mistake and then don't write the where clause correctly and update 45 rows instead of 1. I'm blaming it on the swine flu, though.

Good thing I could repair the database easily using the data available on the website.

Comment

• Was nice to see the turnout last night. The casual groups definitely got in the way though. I asked Ken about what it costs to reserve the park. $50 is the cost. If we can begin gathering people to contribute maybe we can have smoother rounds without the fear of getting thrown on which I did see happen last night.
                              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                                Was nice to see the turnout last night. The casual groups definitely got in the way though. I asked Ken about what it costs to reserve the park. $50 is the cost. If we can begin gathering people to contribute maybe we can have smoother rounds without the fear of getting thrown on which I did see happen last night.
                                Maybe we could do work parties in exchange for the Tuesday rentals, after all majority of players from TT's help put the tee pads in!

Just a thought
                                PDGA #25296
                                Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X