X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunchtime League: 2013 Season Information

The first ever Lunchtime League Pre-Season event happens May 13th. Still formalizing the format but I am thinking something crazy, quick, and fun to get us all in the Lunchtime League spirit. Sign-ups at 5pm-530pm. Tee by 6 so we can get 15 holes in.

This will be the Year of the Player. On the final week of the season, the top ten will be splitting $1000 cash money - not including trophies.

Regular season begins May 20th. 5-540 sign-ups, 6pm Tee. Throughout the year, sign-ins will adjust according to necessary daylight.

As in all years, $5 sign-in with a $1 optional and non-capped Ace Pot.

We will have an 18 week season with the top 12 events counting towards the finals.

The Greater Portland Bible Church has graciously continued to host this event for us. Word on the street is that they want to see us eat more this year... if you know what I mean. Yes... dinners as in years' past while you wait for scores to be tallied.

Hit me with your questions.

BRING IT!
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Dam once again where is the like button!!! LIke Like
    PDGA # 31451
    2 Mini Aces
    75 Aces
    PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
    DISC GOLF OR DIE
    BOB CABAL
    DISCVANGO
    JEFF ELLIOT
    G-MAN
    JORDAN LEWIS
    JEFF HAGERTY
    JAMES GARCELON
    SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

when are you planning the first night?
      eh, sam?

Comment

May 13. Random draw triples. I believe the church will be feeding us that night so come on out!
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Comment

Nice

Comment

95 people came out last week. David Smith hit an ace to take a cool $95 home. Alabama Chris won and took home $52.

I am still working on the spreadsheet but will have it posted before next week's event. Not to worry... you will have the same handicap for two events... and then the one you earn.

See ya Monday!
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Spreadsheet updated and in the Yahoo group. Join at http://www.lunchtime.us

See ya tonight! 5-530 sign-ups. 550 tee.
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hey Sam, is there an explanation of the spreadsheet posted anywhere?

Comment

Like what the calculations are, or what the columns mean?

Comment

I'm not clear why there are two handicap columns, or what the margin column means. Also, why are some entries highlighted in the Place columns (as sometimes the same number is not highlighted, e.g. Amber & Brenda)?

Nothing major, I'm the curious kind...

Comment

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL LUNCHTIME LEAGUE POST, and I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Calculations:

Your handicap is 80& of the difference between your adjusted average and the field average (calculated once you have 2 weeks played).

Your adjusted average is your average, with your highest score thrown out after every five weeks you have played.

Your adjusted score is raw score plus(/minus) your handicap.

Player rank each week is in order of adjusted score.

You get one point for each player you beat or tie, including yourself.

Your 12 highest point finishes are counted toward your season point total.

I think all this and more (such as what your initial handicap is until you have 2 weeks played) is on the home page at: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/LunchTime_League/

Columns:

Your handicap for last week and next week are shown. This will make more sense once people have established handicaps (after they have 2 weeks played).

Adjusted is your adjusted score for that week.

Place is rank.

Margin is by how may points you lead the person behind you.

The pink highlights don't work when the sheet is re-sorted (which happens weekly), due to limitations of an old version of Excel. They are SUPPOSED to be highlighting ties. There is a manual fix for this, and a better way to do it in newer versions of Excel, but that in itself has its own complications (of course). I can show Sam how to fix it each week, if he is so inclined.

Did I catch all the questions? Got any more?
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Last edited by blu666z; May 29th, 2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Thank you, Gawain. That covers a lot.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Thanks TreeLove. I did read the calculations, so that was clear. Many praises for the column explanations. I was a science guy, so, you know, data rules.

(and it's good to know when something doesn't make sense, it's not supposed to.)
                              Last edited by tmk; May 29th, 2013, 10:08 PM. Reason: added the parenthetical for pathos

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X