Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice turnout yesterday should be a good year

Comment

4/20/13 and it begins!

I cannot put into words the feeling I got rolling into the park this last Saturday. I was running late and when I rolled in there were easily 50 people in or around the gazebo waiting to get Dabney Doubles started.

We had an amazing turn out even with another tourney happening on the other side if town.

1 round had 77 players / 2nd round had 64 players.
      No aces were hit... so the ace pot is sitting at $141.00. Not a bad start! Now the first Thursday ace pot will be sitting over $200.00...if 59 players show up . I will have the results up before Thursday.

Again I have had amazing people donate to The Dubz. Back in the day when I began running the dubs I would spend $100-$200 of my own money to get CTP's. I cannot say this enough... There are AMAZING people that bring me CTP's. I want to thank you all for your support for Dabney Doubles. Thank you to Ty Baker (monster), DC Dan (roc), Stu Hicks... calling Stu's stash (discs / shirts / minis), and last but not least STUMPTOWN for donating CTP's for this weekend.

I have to give a BIG to STUMPTOWN!!!!! While doing the first sign-ups on Saturday. Jeff Hagerty came to me with a cool looking innova give away bag (full of disc ). He came to me and said that Stumptown wanted to donate discs to Dabney Doubles... I was taken back from this and was speechless . I'm honored that the Stumptown members would think of me and my Dabney Doubles to offer discs as CTP's or to use the disc to raise money for the park (new signage). THANK YOU STUMPTOWN YOU ROCK .

See you Thursday,

Kevin Madrid
      TD The Dabney Doubles

Comment

dab dubz

Kevin, your Dabney Doubles is well known and your efforts are deeply appreciated...by a strong DG community... its karma

Comment

Originally posted by dooley View Post
          Kevin, your Dabney Doubles is well known and your efforts are deeply appreciated...by a strong DG community... its karma
          Nail on the head! I so agree.

I really look forward jetting out of work, fighting traffic and getting to Dabney State Park every Thursday. Who am I playing with???? Cool, let's have some fun.

Thank you, Kevin and your trusty band of helpers.

Comment

sausage guy cant wait for dab dubs tomorrow!...see ya there!!
            sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Not this week but next I will do my best to be there.
              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
                Not this week but next I will do my best to be there.
                I HERE ALLLL SUMMER!!!!!!!!

Take care and see you soon brother!

Kevin

Comment

I will make it this year. I need to.
                  "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Week #1 - tourney #3 result

First week is in the books and I cannot believe the turnout. Rolled into Dabney to be greeted by 73 players ready for a night of hucking. Really 74 players for the first Thursday of the league. So far over 117 different people have played at The Dab Dubz so far this year. I better make A LOT more scorecards.

Thank you for the CTP’s this week… Jerry Miller (disc golf depot towels), Stu stash, Stumptown another kick ass disc, and Renee Madrid (Baggallini bag: www.baggallini.com – look them up and pick something up for your mother/wife/girlfriend).

Looks like an 80 degree day this coming Thursday so you better get there early… last Thursday sign-ups were done before 5:30 so get there and get in line… no signing up other players for now till the amount of people decrease. Yeah right!

Oh yeah… do not bring big bills… you know what I ‘m talking about.

See you Thursday

Kevin Madrid
                    TD – The Dabney Doubles

Comment

Week #2, Tourney #4 Results

DABNEY DOUBLES !!!!!!! What an amazing evening at Dabney State Park!!!! I received a call from a friend just minutes before entering the park saying that we will probably have to turn people away tonight. I knew that we had 74 players last week and I wasn’t really thinking that we could have more……. AND WE DID! I entered the park 10-15 min. before 5pm and there were easily 60 people just waiting around the table in line for sign-ups. I pulled all my stuff together and with the help of amazing friends signed up 80 players and had to turn away easily 6-10 players. We played 20 holes at Dabney…just like we did on opening weekend!!!

SIGN-UPS… if this trend continues with so many people wanting to play I will keep the sign-ups at 5pm for a couple more weeks. OFFICIAL SIGN-UPS WILL BE STARTING AT 5PM TILL 72 PLAYERS… maybe up to 80 players depending on the day . If we go by last night’s sign-ups were closed by 5:10 at the latest and we started to play by 5:35. So get there early and don’t leave the line! NO ON CAN SIGN ANYONE ELSE UP…YOU HAVE TO DO IT YOURSELF!

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU to everyone that helps me pull off these amazing events every Thursday. Without these people one person with 80 players no chance… SO THANK YOU TO: Danny W., T-Ry, Grummert, Eddie F., Dizzy, The Brit… I know I’m forgetting someone.

This being only the fourth tourney of the year we still had a good size ace pot. The key word was HAD an ace pot. Congrats to Nate Kabaza (Hole 15) for the 1st Ace at Dabney Doubles 2013… a cool $295.00 bones!

Thank you for CTP’s this week.
                      Jerry Miller (disc golf depot) – disc towel, Stu’s Stash, Tubbs (nice disc), DC Dan (roc lobster disc)

See you next Thursday.

Kevin Madrid
                      TD The Dabney Doubles

Dabney Acers 2013

Nate Kabaze (hole 15)

Comment

5/09/13 tourney night!!!!

Just a reminder that sign-ups will be starting at 5pm till 72 players...maybe 80 if DC Dan shows up tonight. So get in line... no signing up other players!

Tonight's CTP's will be inspired by Mothers day coming up.

See you tonight!

Kevin

TD The Dabney Doubles

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                          Just a reminder that sign-ups will be starting at 5pm till 72 players...maybe 80 if DC Dan shows up tonight. So get in line... no signing up other players!

Tonight's CTP's will be inspired by Mothers day coming up.

See you tonight!

Kevin

TD The Dabney Doubles
                          Yeah that took all of about 5:07pm ... Pulled into the lot with a line of people (60+) that had been in line since 4:15pm and I didn't roll into the park till 4:50. This year is blowing my mind on the turn out for The Dubz! 80 players - 20 holes... that's is how Dabney Dubz now! The only part of sign-ups that I don't like is that I HAVE TO TURN PEOPLE AWAY... I hate to see the peoples faces when I tell them the tourney is full and they aren't able to enjoy an night of disc. Second week in a row I had to turn away min. 10 players.

Will have the results and other info later today.

Thank you all that come out and support Dabney Doubles!

See you next Thursday!

Kevin
                          TD The Dabney Doubles.

Comment

Week #3, tourney #5

Dabney dubs is so freaking amazing! I cannot put into words the WOW factor I have now rolling into the park and seeing all the players.

Like I said earlier we had 80 players and played 20 holes... moved several of the holes from week prior and Dizzy made a new pin placement for hole 9 deep center...OH YEAH! Thank you Dizzy.

I want to address my sign-ups for this year so far. THERE HAS TO BE A LIMIT OF PLAYERS! I have added two holes to have a total of 80 players. To the people I have had to turn away these last two weeks I'm truly sorry. I would just like for you to see it in my point of view... 80 PEOPLE!!! There is A LOT of work that I and a handful of great people that help me organize/take money/ take down the names/ draw chips and keep them organized/ writing on the cards/ set up extra baskets/ move baskets... we do this out of love of what Dabney Doubles means to us. We try our hardest to make this the best dubs in town. So please understand 80 is a lot of work to get organized and out of the State park by closing time...they will lock us in! So next week numbers 81 and past please think of what is happening and please don't try to make me feel pressured to add more players... I still hope you try to come out the following week.

This weeks CPT's were inspired by my wife. See wanted to pay it forward for three mothers / wives / daughters/ girlfriends. She donated three baggallini's. Thank you Love!
                            Also Charlie T. donated a beautiful piece of glass work... THANK YOU!

Ace pot was at $80 bones last night... again notice the wording WAS. Congrats to Brandon Gundlack for hitting hole 3 and taking home $80 bones!

So next week save me a spot next to sign-ups! Thank you!

Get in line and get ready to sign-up around 5pm.

People that don't get in... I'm sorry you were not able to play. Got to put it out there early.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING CORRECT CHANGE! $20'S kill me... Thank you!

See you next Thursday!

Kevin

TD The Dabney Doulbes

Dabney Acers 2013

Nate Kabza (hole 15)
                            Brandon Gundlack (hole 3)
                            Last edited by Kevin Madrid; May 13th, 2013, 08:46 AM. Reason: miss spelling... thanks hemmerling!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                              Nate Kabaze (hole 15)
                              That should be Nate Kabza.

Comment

Week 5, Touney #6

With the clouds and rain in the forecast I was not expecting to have a large crowd… wrong! It wasn’t a sellout, but we were close with 62 players showing up to play. Even with the rain showers off and on throughout the evening I have to say IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SPRING EVENING TO THROW DISCS!

There WAS an ace pot of $62 last night… CONGRATULATIONS to Randy Watson hitting hole #13!
                                That makes three weeks in a row!

Thank you for the CTP’s last night!
                                Dan Perking – 5 movie tickets
                                DC Dan – Disc Golf Van T-shirt
                                Stumptown - Players choice from donation pile…. Thank you STUMPTOWN!
                                Tubb – Champion Cobra

See you next Thursday,

Kevin

TD The Dabney Doubles

Dabney Acers 2013

Nate Kabza (hole 15)
                                Brandon Gundlack (hole 3)
                                Randy Watson (hole 13)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.