X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adair Handicap League 2013

AHL starts up for the spring season on Tuesday March 19. We will meet Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:45pm at Adair. Cost is $5 plus a $1 ace pot. If you pay the ace pot on Tuesday then you get Thursday's ace pot for free. There are daily payouts and an end of season payout. To qualify for the end of season payout you must play in 8 events. There will be 24 events (12 weeks).

Anyone can play at anytime. If you are a beginner then you will probably win a lot. The formula rewards any player who can improve their score from week to week. I hope to see you all again this season as we approach our 300th event.

PS. Gawain....can you add this to your calendar? The quick link to your email on your calendar is not playing nice on my work computer. Thanks.

Comment

While I am unemployed I may try to make it down for one or two. Sounds like a grand ole time.
      "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.Ē

Comment

Spring Season wraps up

Tonight (6/11) is the last day for the spring season. I will take a week off and we will start up the summer season on 6/25 and end 9/19. Handicaps will carry over to the start of the summer season but the series points will start over. If that ace pot stays intact then it too will carry over ($100+). Look for the end of the season payout at the hole 1 kiosk.

Comment

The 300th event is coming

I plan on having a celebration at Adair for the 300th handicap. I will supply adult beverages and celebrate a few of our AHL hall of famers. The party will be Thursday August 15th before, during, and after the round. I hope you can stick around after the event for some Kan Jam and Suzy Stix until the sun goes down. I will be out there a little earlier than usual with a small keg of Calapooia's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by mikestorrs View Post
            I plan on having a celebration at Adair for the 300th handicap. I will supply adult beverages and celebrate a few of our AHL hall of famers. The party will be Thursday August 15th before, during, and after the round. I hope you can stick around after the event for some Kan Jam and Suzy Stix until the sun goes down. I will be out there a little earlier than usual with a small keg of Calapooia's finest.
            WHAT?!?! A handicap league where the players all drink alcohol?!?!? Don't you know that the locals at that course heavily frown on that sort of thing!!!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
            Remain ye men of faculty complete,
            Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
            Attending to our noble bond and contract?
            Or does here stand the last remaining man
            To give a fig for rules and order yet,
            No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
            Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
            Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

It is a terrible spot to be in

We all abhor the thought of having to do this but many of us feel it is our duty. We will begrudgingly finish whatever is ever put in front of us because our mothers raised us that way. Even if it was handed to us in a cup.

Comment

You Da Man!

Originally posted by mikestorrs View Post
                We all abhor the thought of having to do this but many of us feel it is our duty. We will begrudgingly finish whatever is ever put in front of us because our mothers raised us that way. Even if it was handed to us in a cup.
                And your mothers raised you right too!

Just be prepared for the scathing e-mails from the distribution list and a few irate posts on this message board from the locals that frown heavily on such activities at this park that is like their baby.

Oh, and be prepared for your group to now own (and be responsible for and be cursed for) every single piece of stray garbage on and off the course, especially the beer cans that have been in the ground so long they are filled with dirt and debris.

But you do Team Disc Golf a great service since you have now taken that burden off our shoulders. So thanks for that!

Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                Or does here stand the last remaining man
                To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

More 300th event details

Thursday Aug 15th is the 300th event celebration. It starts at 3pm with Kan Jam and Suzy Stix. Dave "the growler czar" will be there with all of the club discs (maybe a growler too). We will award discs as prizes for random lifetime handicap achievements as well as for some special top finishers that day. Today (Tuesday) would be a good day to show up to re-establish your handicap for free so you can compete Thursday. I delete players if you haven't played for over 12 months. Remember, establishing is free and you can still pay into the ace-pot.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X