Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• other series: That DAM Series - North Bonneville

North Bonneville 2013 Spring Series AKA “That Dam Series”

What it is: A little friendly competition added on top of the three PDGA sanctioned events at North Bonneville Disc Golf course this spring.

Which Tournaments are you talking about: Bonneville Bare Bones - March 17th, NW Contender - April 6th-7th, and Ring of Fire - May 18th. All three events are PDGA sanctioned and available for sign up at www.4DiscGolf.com

Where’s North Bonneville: It is located in Washington, less than an hours drive from most of Portland. Check out the course web site at www.nbdga.org

What will I win: Besides the prestige of knowing that you are one of the best players at North Bonneville there will be a "trophy" presented to the winner and second place in each of eight divisions. There will also be a small prize for the winners and several prizes for “tournament director’s choice” awards. (We reserve the right to give bigger prizes if we get some major sponsors to join us!)

What does it cost to join: There is no additional fee to be a part of the series. Tournament Directors for each event are deducting one dollar from each player towards the series awards. So your only cost is the event fee to participate. But you were going to pay that anyway weren’t you.

How will you determine the winners: Using sophisticated high tech devices called computers we will gather the PDGA round ratings for every round in the three tournaments. We will then find the best 4 rounds for each player and use addition to give you a score for those rounds. We will then compare that score with the other players in your division and the top two players will be winners.

I can’t count very well, how many events do I need to play in to qualify: Since two of the events are one day events with two rounds each, and the other event is a two day event with a total of three rounds you will need to play in a minimum of 2 events to qualify to win. The advantage being the more rounds you play the greater the chance of having 4 good or great rounds to use for your final score.

What if I play in more than one division (Bagger Rule): Your division will be the division you played in the most. If there is a tie, you will be moved to the highest division you played.

The Power Rankings for the series are complete now. I calculated the results from the first two events and ranked players based on an average of their finish for the rounds each player has completed. A lot can change after the Ring of Fire event, especially since several players only participated in two events so far so they MUST compete in one more round to even be considered for the Series Championship.

Leaders:
    FA1: Jackolyn Halstead, Michelle Nava
    MA1: Kenny Hall, Ned Blaisdell, Jon Blatt, Brandon Hansell, Michael Grummert
    MA2: Craig Collins, Wes Bilyeu, Dwayne Hathaway, Mark Davidson
    MA3: Rich Baker, Gerald Madsen, Kris Janovich
    MG1: Phillip Kurtz, Ward Stroud
    MM1: David Morse, Jason Lewis, David Zimmerman
    MPO: Jason Back, Jason Pinkal, Jordan Tardie, Mike Gillespie

Full results are posted at: http://j.mp/NBDSPR

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
    Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X