Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rideout
    started a topic White River Ice Bowl - Jan 26, 2013

White River Ice Bowl - Jan 26, 2013

Hey Everyone - it's time for the White River Ice Bowl.

The TD for this event (Tom Bontempo) does not check these discussions.

To register or find TD contact info - please visit:

4DiscGolf

• Danni
    replied
    I thought I would paste this info in case anyone was wondering where the Ice Bowl ratings were...

"The latest PDGA Player Ratings were published on Feb. 26, 2013. The ratings include 2012 events. The first ratings update to include 2013 events will be on March 26, 2013."

Leave a comment:

• Mikk
    replied
    I was suppsed to be there helping Tom and Mary, unfortunately the flu hit me hard and I spenth the day spending quality time hugging my toilet :-( I'm glad you players had a good time!!!

Leave a comment:

• BangDEMChains
    replied
    Yes! Thank you so much to the TD!!! Great day and great event! This was my first tournament, but well worth the drive!

Thanks to everyone that made it a special day!

Leave a comment:

• Ranger Rick
    replied
    Even finishing dead last among the men's divisions, I still had a great time. Tom and Mary were amazing and I thought it went very smooth. The fact that someone shot a 107 leads me to believe that it was my play, and not the course that led to a high score. Now to figure out where to find non-tree magnet discs

Leave a comment:

• p-nit
    replied
    Tom and Mary did a great job with little help. As one of the last 4 people to leave the park, I noticed a lot of garbage still sitting on the tables where (eh-hem) some guys were sitting during the awards. We helped pick up some of the garbage, but really?! Should just a few have to take care of the many. Pack it out if it doesn't fit in the cans provided.

It was great to play with the few chicks there, and a 16 year old girl that is going to be one to watch for at a women's worlds in the near future.

White River is an amazing course for every skill level (cuz WE ALL can't chuck 655 ft!), it is nice to be able to have birdies and ace attempts with some short, more technical holes.

Look forward to the next fundraiser tourney at White River, and thanks to the crew at Mando's for making it happen.

Leave a comment:

• spanky11
    replied
    Bad play results in negative feedback, his own fault.
    yes there was a backup on 14. it happens oh well. Tournament went amazing and Tom and his wife did a great job. We started late because there is a lack of help to set up, Signs, score cards, etc. Next time more people should help to reduce the cause of all this.

Leave a comment:

• Danni
    replied
    Originally posted by maynard View Post
    I agree, the negativity gets sickening. The tourney ran super smooth and Tom and his wife were very gracious and did a fantastic job!!!
    I want to send a HUGE thanks out to Tom for allowing the juniors a card even if there wasn't 4 of them!

I love how many more TD's are trying to lend support to the up and coming.

Leave a comment:

• maynard
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
    Jub , how bout some constructive criticism and not making it personal?
    I agree, the negativity gets sickening. The tourney ran super smooth and Tom and his wife were very gracious and did a fantastic job!!!

Leave a comment:

• Sgt_Mac
    replied
    Coming In From Spokane!

Awesome friggin' Tourney Tom. To have 2 spots open up and everyone in the car that came over was outstanding. The course was great, the players were awesome and I am sure we will be making our way back out here again. Looking forward to seeing alot of you Intermediates at ASC.

Mac out

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Anderson
    replied
    Jub , how bout some constructive criticism and not making it personal?

Leave a comment:

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    So hole 14 was a clogger before now it's a joke!!! at TDG there where 4 groups stranded on the tee all day long.
    New 10 is barely 200 ft and no route another joke
    This course redesign lacks consistency. to lengthen two holes by as much as 1/3 and then throw in a 200ft to make 18 is just dumb
    Start time
    Although Tom's last name translates to "on time" that's as close as he will get to "actually being on time".
    My bet is sunset will be a bigger issue then sunrise!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Which makes civil twilight about 7:15 - light enough to play!

Leave a comment:

• Ranger Rick
    replied
    sunrise is listed at 7:45am

Leave a comment:

• Ranger Rick
    replied
    I expect to be there about 7:30am to have a walk around before check in.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X