X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2013 Lilac City Open Info

The 2013 Lilac City Open will be held on May 25 & 26, 2013.

The 2013 LCO will be sanctioned as a Pro "A" Tier / Am "B" Tier.

The 2013 LCO will be held at Four Mound Disc Golf Reserve.

The 2013 LCO will be a Vibram Open Qualifier and will award a
    $150 PAID ENTRY
    to the Vibram Open @ Maple Hills Disc Golf Course.

Watch this thread for more information.

Feb. 22, 2013 - Attached Flyer / Entry Form below.

Online Registration is available at Disc Golf United.

You must be A (FREE) registered member of the site.
    Last edited by Wobbly Bob; May 10th, 2013, 04:28 PM.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Thanks for the dates Bob. Lose the emoticons....
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
      Thanks for the dates Bob. Lose the emoticons....
      Because grumpy bastages hate emoticons.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Great, now let's hope it's a format worth playing this year.....
        Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Because grumpy bastages hate emoticons.
          Seizures are no laughing matter...

Comment

crossing my fingers...

... that i have no conflicting events... i would really dig coming up to play this...

i have heard it's on the fairly epic side...
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Kris C View Post
              Great, now let's hope it's a format worth playing this year.....
              You must have played in the Intermediate Division last year. The format for the all Divisions (except Juniors) this year will be one round on the Hawk Course, one round on the Porcupine Course and one round on the Cape Fear Course.

Juniors will play two rounds on the Hawk Course and one round on the Porcupine Course.
              Last edited by Wobbly Bob; November 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

I've been waiting for a 4Mound tourney to get back to that format for a long time... I Love It! I'm gonna have to try to make this one, missed it last year. I am guessing though that ZTO will be the following week so once again I will have to choose one over the other as both are unlikely

Comment

Disregard my above post regarding the ZTO. It will be held I believe on June 22,23 so will not be on the back of the LCO like years past I also heard a rumor of an A-tier at Farragut in July but I know absolutely nothing about this yet.

So anyway, yeah LCO and 4 Mound

Comment

So why is the Lilac City Open only being held at Four Mounds again?
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                      Because three courses can be played at one time with out having to travel. The logistics of running a multi-site event involves more hoops than I want to jump through.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        Because three courses can be played at one time with out having to travel. The logistics of running a multi-site event involves more hoops than I want to jump through.
                        Isn't that what makes it the LCO?

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                          You must have played in the Intermediate Division last year. The format for the all Divisions (except Juniors) this year will be one round on the Hawk Course, one round on the Porcupine Course and one round on the Cape Fear Course.

Juniors will play two rounds on the Hawk Course and one round on the Porcupine Course.
                          I would have played Int. but didn't because of the format. This sounds awesome!
                          Whenever I see a matress on top of a car, I think it's a prostitute making a house call!

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
                            ... that i have no conflicting events... i would really dig coming up to play this...

i have heard it's on the fairly epic side...
                            balls! gonna have to miss it. how can my 2013 already be booked past capacity???
                            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                              Because 4 Mound is awesome! I very much understand Bob's logistical points with having it at one site, I'd probably try to do the same too though. I understand Stu's point but here's my opinion - 4 Mound is awesome and does cut down on travel time and confusion to some degree. I don't think Downriver is a multi-round tourney appropriate site and High Bridge certainly has its pros and cons (like any course I guess). Would also be cool to see Sekani included in future LCO's. I will say though that I had no problem with the old Country Cup - the name is a little more fitting. Keep in mind though that these are all just my opinions.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X