Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to let everyone who hasn't been out there for awhile know, the courses out there are looking the best they ever have. Kudos to everyone that has been out there busting their ass to make it look the way it does. The addition of new teepads has been fantastic. The cleaning of greens and lines has been even better.
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by HOWDHEDODAT View Post
      When I registered it mentioned that there was "primitive camping with no showers" at four mounds and group camping at Riverside Park...so I'm assuming that means there are some sort of showers at Riverside? Going to be the deciding factor in where I stay and whether or not i'm bringin the lady lol..Anyhow really excited for this weekend!!!
      The Campground at Riverside is the group camp. It has it's own indoor bathroom and shower facilities in the group camp loop. It's right on the river with individual campsites. Camping is for Friday and Saturday nights.
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

I have to agree with Stu, the courses are looking great and I can't wait to get back out there. It had been way too long. What Stu forgot to mention though was that you must watch out for snakes in the grass this weekend - literally and figuratively Seriously!

Comment

Wednesday Registration

The Online Registration page is closed. If you wish to register today, Wednesday May 22, 2013 give Bob a call at 509 991-1807 and we'll get you entered and work out how to pay for your entry.

Comment

It's Wednesday at 2:45 pm and there are

15 Pro spots left
            10 Adv spots left
            42 Int, Rec, Jr spots left

Comment

LCO Drive Clinic and Friday Dubs

Dave Feldberg, Devan Owens and Nikko Locastro will be your guest instructors at Four Mound DGR on Friday May24th @ 4:00 pm. The cost is $10 per person. The instruction will go till 5:00.
              The Random Draw Doubles will begin @ 5:00 or so and will be hosted by Chuck Andrews.
              The property will be open by 1:00 pm in the afternoon for practice rounds @ $5 per carload.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                Dave Feldberg, Devan Owens and Nikko Locastro will be your guest instructors at Four Mound DGR on Friday May24th @ 4:00 pm. The cost is $10 per person. The instruction will go till 5:00.
                The Random Draw Doubles will begin @ 5:00 or so and will be hosted by Chuck Andrews.
                The property will be open by 1:00 pm in the afternoon for practice rounds @ $5 per carload.
                I'll be heading tron the west side and will be tgere around 10am. Will it be open and ready for camp set-up?

Jason
                It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Spanky

Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
                  I'll be heading tron the west side and will be tgere around 10am. Will it be open and ready for camp set-up?

Jason
                  Look for a mowed space among the fire pits. Some of them already have a pile of firewood..If you see the Weed Whacker crew they can get you oriented. I'm shooting for noon myself.

Comment

LCO

Gotta say pretty excited for Four Mounds! Quick question....after reading Bob's post yesterday about there being a bunch of open spots I told a buddy from the club who is an intermediate player about how awesome/epic this tournament is going to be and that you guys would be glad to have him....where is the post about it being an extra $30 and why would that ever be necessary? Casey the golfer in question sent Bob a text last night then called him this morning to find out he has to pay another $30 as a late fee for not registering online?!?!?!?! You just posted yesterday that online reg was closed but there were open spots and to contact you....so why is the $30 late fee necessary for an intermediate player and why wasn't it mentioned until he called you?

Comment

• Originally posted by HOWDHEDODAT View Post
                      Gotta say pretty excited for Four Mounds! Quick question....after reading Bob's post yesterday about there being a bunch of open spots I told a buddy from the club who is an intermediate player about how awesome/epic this tournament is going to be and that you guys would be glad to have him....where is the post about it being an extra $30 and why would that ever be necessary? Casey the golfer in question sent Bob a text last night then called him this morning to find out he has to pay another $30 as a late fee for not registering online?!?!?!?! You just posted yesterday that online reg was closed but there were open spots and to contact you....so why is the $30 late fee necessary for an intermediate player and why wasn't it mentioned until he called you?
                      Apparantly i was mistaken the fee was $25 and 5 for camping but still....$25 for what exactly?

Comment

• Not a late fee...a sponsorship opportunity :-)

Originally posted by HOWDHEDODAT View Post
                        Apparantly i was mistaken the fee was $25 and 5 for camping but still....$25 for what exactly?
                        Here is Bob's post...it was on page 3 of this thread....
                        I imagine registration closed on Wednesday to allow for preparation of a huge event like this....

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        Pre-registration is open now at Disc Golf United

All registration will close on Wednesday 5/22/13 at Midnight.

$25 Cash Sponsors may sign-up on Thursday and Friday if any spots remain.

There will be no Saturday Morning Registration!

Don't forget the LCO Fundraiser Tournament on April 7, 2013 at 4 Mound DGR

Entry Fees are;

Pro - $25

Advanced - $20

Intermediate and Recreational - $15

Entries that are awarded at the LCO Fundraiser are not transferable. If you win an entry, you cannot give your Awarded entry to someone else.

For each 6 entries per division we will award 1 paid entry in that division. If 12 people play in one division, yes, two entries will be awarded.

We will be cooking Hot Dogs but are asking that if you play you bring a Pot Luck item to share at lunch
                        (beans, potato or pasta salad, fresh veggie tray, chili, chips of any kind, fruit, cottage cheese, etc.).

We will be playing Cape Fear in the morning and Porcupine in the afternoon.

$1 beers will be available at Lunch and afterwards.

There will be three Bonus Entries Awarded. The SDGA and the LCO together are offering One Pro Entry and One Am Entry that will awarded by drawing a name out of a hat. You must have played in one of the two fund raisers and you must be a current SDGA member. If you played in both fund raisers and are a current SDGA member you will get two tickets for the drawing. After the SDGA drawing the remaining tickets will be put in one bucket and 4 Mound Disc Golf Reserve will draw one ticket and Award one entry in whichever division you are playing in.

Comment

• No offense to you or your friend Tyson but I think $25 as either a "late fee" or "mandatory sponsorship opportunity" is completely fair for an event of this size. I think if I ever decide to run another PDGA even I will have tiers of registration that will greatly benefit the early registrations and greatly affect the late ones. I think more players would understand the stance of the TD once they have run their own event. At least Bob is still willing to take registrations as late as he is, especially considering how many players he has to organize - I wouldn't want to do it. Thanks for all your hard work Bob, Gordy, Jamie, and everone else who is making this event happen.

Comment

• ^^^yuuuuuppp!
                            PDGA #42116

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                              No offense to you or your friend Tyson but I think $25 as either a "late fee" or "mandatory sponsorship opportunity" is completely fair for an event of this size. I think if I ever decide to run another PDGA even I will have tiers of registration that will greatly benefit the early registrations and greatly affect the late ones. I think more players would understand the stance of the TD once they have run their own event. At least Bob is still willing to take registrations as late as he is, especially considering how many players he has to organize - I wouldn't want to do it. Thanks for all your hard work Bob, Gordy, Jamie, and everone else who is making this event happen.
                              No offense taken...I apologize if I sounded upset, I meant no disrespect towards the TD I know he's got a LOT on his plate and running a tournament of this size isn't ez, we just didn't understand fully. Sorry for being like "where's the post about that?!?!" when i didn't actually read all 5 pages of the entire thread...honestly I assumed one of Bob's two posts Wed would have included that sort of information if there was a fee so my bad i guess...
                              Casey sent Bob a text that night around 11pm, so 10pm Spokane time, and then talked to him on the phone in the morning to find out it was an extra $25 and we just didn't understand why at the time. I think the whole last-minute sponsorship opportunity is a great fundraiser idea i just didn't know that's what was up because Bob's post didn't mention it OR that reg was closing at midnight..he only mentioned that online reg had closed and to contact him to get in..
                              We are both super excited for the tournament either way, I just feel bad that I hyped it up so much to the kid and talk him into going if he's immediately getting slapped with a $25 buzzkill ....oh well, see ya this weekend!
                              Last edited by HOWDHEDODAT; May 24th, 2013, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• I can certainly see both sides of the fence on this one, especially since I am most often a player. Sure makes for good conversation though either way. It's cool that you guys can make it over. I hope you both enjoy your time over here.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X