Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant as far as amenities, I have never been there and just wanted to get a grasp on what is available. Restrooms, a hose for water? Ice? How close is the nearest store?

Thank you
    It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by spanky11 View Post
      I meant as far as amenities, I have never been there and just wanted to get a grasp on what is available. Restrooms, a hose for water? Ice? How close is the nearest store?

Thank you
      1. As for restrooms, I believe Gordy is hoping to have his clubhouse bathroom ready... but if not, there should be porta sans available.
      2. There is glorious ice cold well water available on site, all you can drink.
      3. As for ice, the closest gas station/convenience store is an easy low-traffic drive (as 4 mound is out of the city) 8 miles away. Just past that is a huge shopping center area with a Rosauers and quite a few restaurants.
      See this map for reference

I also hear there will be a sausage vendor on site during the tourney!
      SDGA PR Guy.... bringing the Public to the Relations... or the Relations to the Public?

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
        1. As for restrooms, I believe Gordy is hoping to have his clubhouse bathroom ready... but if not, there should be porta sans available.
        2. There is glorious ice cold well water available on site, all you can drink.
        3. As for ice, the closest gas station/convenience store is an easy low-traffic drive (as 4 mound is out of the city) 8 miles away. Just past that is a huge shopping center area with a Rosauers and quite a few restaurants.
        See this map for reference

I also hear there will be a sausage vendor on site during the tourney!
        Thank you I appreciate it
        It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

Dave Feldberg is signed up for the LCO. He's flying over from Denmark and he's bringing two other guys with him.
          Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Nikko and Ricky?
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

From Denmark?

I'm betting it's Seppo and Nybo. Just so long as it's not another Paleface from Minnesota.

Comment

LCO Sign-up

I'm heading down to Highbridge this afternoon to take registrations and sell some fundraiser discs. Hope to see you all there.

Comment

Thinking about coming across the mountains for my fifth LCO in a row. How many pro spots do you guys have room for this year?
                  Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                    Thinking about coming across the mountains for my fifth LCO in a row. How many pro spots do you guys have room for this year?
                    The A Pool is capped at 72 Pros and I have 25 spots left for your golfing enjoyment.

Comment

I also have 24 spots left in the B Pool (Advanced Divisions) and 50 spots left in the C Pool (Int, Rec & Jr. divisions)

Comment

Thanks Wobbly, you are a scholar & a gentleman.

I shall get my sh$t together & see if I can keep my streak alive!
                        Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                          The A Pool is capped at 72 Pros and I have 25 spots left for your golfing enjoyment.
                          The LCO flyer shows that the A pool is capped at 90 players

Comment

Originally posted by coryreu View Post
                            The LCO flyer shows that the A pool is capped at 90 players
                            That is an error on the flyer. The A Pool is capped at 72, of course if 18 more players wanted in, that would increase the value of the purse substantially. We're at 47 pro competitors right now and need 25 more to reach 72. Let's see if we can get to 72 Pros before we are concerned about the proposed cap.

Comment

Camping

When I registered it mentioned that there was "primitive camping with no showers" at four mounds and group camping at Riverside Park...so I'm assuming that means there are some sort of showers at Riverside? Going to be the deciding factor in where I stay and whether or not i'm bringin the lady lol..Anyhow really excited for this weekend!!!

Comment

Camping

Originally posted by HOWDHEDODAT View Post
                                When I registered it mentioned that there was "primitive camping with no showers" at four mounds and group camping at Riverside Park...so I'm assuming that means there are some sort of showers at Riverside? Going to be the deciding factor in where I stay and whether or not i'm bringin the lady lol..Anyhow really excited for this weekend!!!
                                Four Mound provides lots of space in the mowed meadow area close to tourney central. There will be two porta-sans at tourney central and a cold water bathroom with sink in the Clubhouse. Campers will have all the cold fresh water they want from the frost-free bibs in the yard. There are about 11 fire pits throughout the camping area and there is plenty of firewood for them. Obviously the early arrivals will get first pick. There is also one larger firepit for a larger fire and it is stocked with larger logs to accommodate a larger crowd...... The cost for camping at 4-Mound is the same whether you stay one night or 3.......... or 4.............The Hot showers are at Riverside.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X