X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LCO at Fourmounds is perfect

Four Mounds is a great course, but summer play isn't that fun out there. Its too hot, dry, and likely to catch fire. Although they try their hardest to get people not to smoke they never convince everyone. Four mounds in July or August just isn't very feasible. Although our Spokane courses can be fun you really can't beat those course, and they are on private land you can do whatever the hell you want (camping is so fun). LCO is Spokane's best tournement and I'm happy its held at the best courses. I will say, though I understand how hard it must be to get 3 courses and a final ten tournement ready, and understand why we don't play them all. I really love when we do have a chance to. It awsome to see even the big arms also get their asses kicked by Cape Fear Hole.

Comment

Originally posted by J.P. View Post
      Four Mounds is a great course, but summer play isn't that fun out there. Its too hot, dry, and likely to catch fire. Although they try their hardest to get people not to smoke they never convince everyone. Four mounds in July or August just isn't very feasible. Although our Spokane courses can be fun you really can't beat those course, and they are on private land you can do whatever the hell you want (camping is so fun). LCO is Spokane's best tournement and I'm happy its held at the best courses. I will say, though I understand how hard it must be to get 3 courses and a final ten tournement ready, and understand why we don't play them all. I really love when we do have a chance to. It awsome to see even the big arms also get their asses kicked by Cape Fear Hole.
      I do agree with that. It's going to be awesome to watch people get eaten alive by that hole. I cant' wait to see how many lost discs, fives and sixes happen there.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Fall at Four Mpund

This Fall we've had a good deal of rain and it's my time of the year to take advantage of the moist soft soil....I've been going around thinning trees on the course and opening up spaces generally. We've burnt up several of the slash piles from over the Summer. I've got the landscape rake hooked up to the tractor and am going through the courses smoothing out bumps, picking up loose rock, tipping up rotting stumps and filling in the holes. All in all making a clearer, fairer field of play......The Jumanji records set by Mssrs. Leviska and Feldberg last Memorial Day will be safe for the time being and I guess we'll have to research the records for Porky, Hawk and Fear for this years assault.......I plan to continue upgrading the tees and devising some new hole propositions (there will be no Peckerwood this time around). ......Over the past Summer we also got our water system out on the far west side in running order so there will be running water available and maybe some sprinklers running. LCO will be in late May so the grass will still be green and just beginning to get tall and we all know what that means; mow, mow, mow yer boat. As usual we'll try to make this one better than ever. It's only six months to go! Gordy #21004

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
          I do agree with that. It's going to be awesome to watch people get eaten alive by that hole. I cant' wait to see how many lost discs, fives and sixes happen there.
          Cape fear. Teebird aiming at the rocks in the ravine to the right of the pin, thumber/firebird landing above the hole=3 No excuse to take any worse than a 4. The toughest part of that hole is climbing up out of it.. lol It's fun though. The wait is the second hardest.. Going to be a back-up unless you play it early.
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            Cape fear. Teebird aiming at the rocks in the ravine to the right of the pin, thumber/firebird landing above the hole=3 No excuse to take any worse than a 4. The toughest part of that hole is climbing up out of it.. lol It's fun though. The wait is the second hardest.. Going to be a back-up unless you play it early.
            Yeah but most of the Big Arms want to land on the green in one. The wind in the gully messes with most of those shots. I always played to the right of the hole and approached the green on the second shot. Going for the green on the drive almost always results in a 4 or more.
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Bob and jeremy agree on something, crazy...
              PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by prospect View Post
                Bob and jeremy agree on something, crazy...
                The world must be ending
                Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                  The world must be ending
                  Only 19 more days according to the Mayan Calendar.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                    Only 19 more days according to the Mayan Calendar.
                    Well played Bob
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

You guys Crack me Up!!! LOL HAHAHAHHA
                      We Slang To Bang!

Comment

The city courses get their share of tournament play
                        DRO 3 rounds at Downriver
                        LCO 3 rounds at the Mound
                        Chump/Vader 2 27's at Highbridge

Now you can make an argument for City Cup
                        rewindb.com

Comment

3 rounds at Downriver is painfully boring for me, that's why I don't play DRO - if the course(s) don't change then I lose interest. More then 1 round at DR is too much IMO. I still like the LCO at 4 Mound for now anyway, until someone is ready to coordinate DR, HB, and Sekani.

Comment

How does the Vibram Open qualifier work? Is it a spot for the Pro or Am Vibram Open or could it be for either? What divisions at the LCO can make a run at this?

Its great to have a WA tourney participate in the Vibram Open. Thanks for creating this wonderful opportunity. I really hope someone goes to this.

Comment

City Cup this year had plans to be held at all three "city" courses, but the powers that be...blah blah blah

I hope this year we all get a taste of what Sekani has to offer. I enjoyed the Cup last year, and am looking forward to seeing some collegiate events hosted here in Spokane soon as well.

Spokane is stepping up proper like, and its great to be in the mix!!

Keep it up all!

Mac

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun View Post
                                How does the Vibram Open qualifier work? Is it a spot for the Pro or Am Vibram Open or could it be for either? What divisions at the LCO can make a run at this?

Its great to have a WA tourney participate in the Vibram Open. Thanks for creating this wonderful opportunity. I really hope someone goes to this.
                                Anyone in any division (Non-JR.) can compete for the paid spot. The spot you will be competing for is a paid entry into the Men's Open Division. We are setting up some Fund Raisers so that we will have some cash to give to the winner to help with expenses.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X