Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that was a quick posting of scores. Thanks Mike! Thanks for yet another awesome Chili Smack, it was awesome as usual and once again you managed to fix the weather so that we had a pretty awesome day! Chili rocked again too that's for sure. It's a great tournament and a great tradition, glad it's continuing, Thanks Kilmer!

And one last thank you...Mike thanks for getting my wife and I out early with my trophy as we really needed to get going. I appreciate that a lot...you do a great job.
    Take it easy!
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

A big shout out to Mark Kilmer and Dan Liley for a fun filled special rules three head monster event. I would love to see it ran again in the spring/summer.

Also, big props to the 27 hole layout that we played. Lots of fun. Almost wish it was a permanent layout, but that would be for another Steily debate.................................

Side note: The currrent Fort Steilacoom layout is the best option for the playing community. (NW18, SE18, AM9) The powder coated red baskets for the AM course is a great added feature.

Comment

Rideout,
        Excellent Job again (as always).
        My compliments to the chef, the chili was amazing.
        We even finished before it got dark!

Cool trophies! I have gotten many compliments on mine already.

I think it was really cool of you to recognize those loyal players who have been there with you every year.

On a personal note, Shot my highest PDGA round of my life and am more than happy to move up divisions next tourney season!
        Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
        Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Originally posted by yardbird View Post
          a big shout out to mark kilmer and dan liley for a fun filled special rules three head monster event. I would love to see it ran again in the spring/summer.

Also, big props to the 27 hole layout that we played. Lots of fun. Almost wish it was a permanent layout, but that would be for another steily debate.................................

Side note: The currrent fort steilacoom layout is the best option for the playing community. (nw18, se18, am9) the powder coated red baskets for the am course is a great added feature.
          thanks sam.........next time there will be more prep work and you are right about possibly having it in the spring/summer.........that would be sweet. I will work on that with mark about having that layout used again for a twice a year event and it would be nice to have all the feedback from all the players. Was the map you received easy to read? Was the tee signs/next tee signs easy to navigate through the course? Was the layout of the course challenging enough or too much? Was the format of the three-headed monster good? Most of all........what could be improved or changed.

I want to send a big shout out to john anderson for drawing up the map on not only the nw and se, but the phantom dubs as well. Thank you! It was pretty easy for me to design the 27 holes and then have mark tweek it a bit here and there (my layout would of bit a little shorter) and then john put it all together on a map to be printed.

Mike rideout..........big thanks and like i said before his tournaments are so awesome and i always make it a point to participate. You will be missed now that you will not be running the chilly smack, but we will try to keep it going up to the high standards you have set.
          WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

The maps were awesome. Our card referred to the map after each hole to ensure we played the course correctly. The layout was great (variety of holes, challenging, etc.) The only gripe could have been the OB markings on the fire station holes, but it was a non issue. Side note: I didn't really care for the longer tee pad used on the first fire station hole, the hole is already challenging.

The three head monster format was good. The format used showed the strength of the team. Best shot after the drive would of have been fun too, but would have added more time to the overall round. Hmmmm, rules would be simple. All players drive, best shot taken for each subseqeunt throw by two players, player whose throw/lie has used shall not throw.

Every event held at Fort Steilacomm has a difficult task to determine the layout to be used. So many great holes to be used. It is really hard pick the favorites and to have a set layout for the everyday course layouts. Unfortunaly, the club needs to pick a layout (NW, SE, AM) and remove the tee pads that will no longer be used to reduce the possibility of confusion. The only exception would be alternate tee pads on a given holes for the NEW established holes.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X