Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I changed the format because of time restraints that we have pushed to the limits in the years past and would like to take the rushing to finish before its dark out of the picture and have some fun with just one 27 hole course. It is a combo of the NW, SE, and PRO. It is the best of the holes at Steily in our opinion. That opinion being Dan Lilley and myself. We will have room for lots of teams pro and am and should be online soon.It has not been decided if it is best shot or alt or what but it will be done this weekend.
    New job takes a lot of my time right now bear with me.
    We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Best shot sounds more fun!
      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

3 headed monster for 27 holes means all three players drive on every hole and the team takes the best drive. Then the player whose drive was used sits out for the rest of the hole while the other two players finish the hole as best shot. The trick is that the team is required to use 9 drives from each of the three players so it becomes very strategic towards the end of the round as to whose drive the team should take.

Comment

Sounds even more fun!
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Kenny B's explanation of three headed monster is how it is commonly played, but how about another option by adding the alternate shot format to show the strength of the team.

~~~ All players drive, best shot taken and then the other two players (whose drive wasn't selected) will complete the hole using an alternate shot format. The team can decide which player will start the alternate shot process after each drive. There will be some decision making to be done by the team (type of upshot, putt, etc) to determine which player's would be better at performing the next throw. Of course, the requirement of 9 drives by each player is needed to keep things interesting. ~~~

Comment

How are the teams chosen?? I'm registered as pro but my rating is 849 (ya ya I know)...
              Hukin since 1992
              DGOD #115

Comment

doubles sign up

There will be day before or day of sign up only.
                So here is the scoop on the event
                3 headed monster best shot drive with alternating shots to complete the hole. 27 hole layout (best of the holes at steily)
                pros vs pros , ams vs ams, interm vs interm
                75$ per team ace pot included ( if you bring at least 5$ in food, will refund your ace pot entry) food going to local food bank.
                9 am players meeting
                9:45 start time
                27 holes total except for 1st place ties(will play off)
                any ? or want to sign your team up contact mark kilmer two five 3 eight two 0 ninteen seventy one
                can also send me a pm or post your team here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk View Post
                  How are the teams chosen?? I'm registered as pro but my rating is 849 (ya ya I know)...
                  you make your team

Comment

The Chilly Smack is right around the corner with plenty of room left. Don’t wait till the last minute to register because registration will close for everyone (online, mail-in, & in-person) after November 29. After November 23, all registrations will include a $10 late-registration fee.

Chilly Smack Schedule

Check-In…..6:45-7:30 am
                    Player Meeting…..7:45 am
                    Round 1 Tee…..8:00 am
                    Chili Time
                    Round 2 Tee…..12:30 pm
                    Awards

WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

Getting down to the wire and it looks like this year's Chilly Smack weather will not disappoint as rain & wind are being predicted. All registration will end tomorrow night, Nov 29 - so hurry up and get signed up if you're not already on the list.

Only two players are not coming back to make it a solid 5 years in a row (every Chilly Smack Challenge): Casey Olson (unfortunately he had to withdraw) & Troy Cyganowski. It would be Mark Kilmer's 5th year playing, but he will be there to help out instead.

This is the first year that I'm not altering the courses. I am posting the maps the club has started putting together. These maps are really good - still missing a few distances, but I find them very easy to read. Good thing about these maps as opposed to most maps I put out - these maps show the current Steily layouts and can be used just as well after the Chilly Smack.

See you soon!!!

Comment

Holy Cow... I must apologize to all those who left me a voice message and didn't receive a reply. I started thinking about the fact that I haven't had any messages for several days, so I contacted the phone people and my voicemail was disabled for some reason. They kicked it back on this morning and I had 16 new messages.

To those that received no reply - I'm sorry.

Remember - registration closes tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
                          The Chilly Smack is right around the corner with plenty of room left. Don’t wait till the last minute to register because registration will close for everyone (online, mail-in, & in-person) after November 29. After November 23, all registrations will include a $10 late-registration fee.

Chilly Smack Schedule

Check-In…..6:45-7:30 am
                          Player Meeting…..7:45 am
                          Round 1 Tee…..8:00 am
                          Chili Time
                          Round 2 Tee…..12:30 pm
                          Awards

So, there is no day of event registration, correct?

Comment

Rideout,
                            With 64 players are you going to put everyone on the same course each round?
                            Either way do you have any guess as to what we will be playing first?
                            Already looking forward to a great time!
                            Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
                            Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaSquad View Post
                              Rideout,
                              With 64 players are you going to put everyone on the same course each round?
                              Either way do you have any guess as to what we will be playing first?
                              Already looking forward to a great time!

More than likely it will be: Pro Open, Pro Masters, Advanced Masters, & Advanced Grandmasters playing the Southeast in the morning and Northwest in the afternoon.

Matt - PM sent.

Comment

Scores

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X