Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chilly Smack Challenge *V* December 1

Hey Folks

It's that time of year again - time to get ready for chilly wheather and tasty chili out on the course.

This is the fifth year for the Chilly Smack Challenge and it will be my last year running the event.

Tournament information along with registration details will be found

HERE

Chilly Smack Schedule

Check-In…..6:45-7:30 am
    Player Meeting…..7:45 am
    Round 1 Tee…..8:00 am
    Chili Time
    Round 2 Tee…..12:30 pm
    Awards

Last edited by Rideout; November 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM. Reason: added schedule
    WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Well I'm bummed it's your last year running it..you do a great job, it's one of my favorite tournaments of the year and will be my third time doing it if I can make it, not quite sure yet. I was just wondering something, what's the player pack look like this time? Thanks! Hope to see you there.
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Sent an email in reference to how to sign up for the phantom dubs the next day. Please post when you can with info........thanks!
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Hey Ski2man, thanks for the kind words and I hope you can make it. Player packs this year will probably just be a custom stamped disc.

Mark Kilmer is stepping up this year to save the doubles. I unfortunately won’t be able to run the Phantom Dubs on Sunday so Mark will be running some format of doubles. I will still provide the chili on Sunday. I will see if Mark wants to get an online registration going for the doubles later this week. Mark will also be the tournament director taking over the Chilly Smack Challenge next year. Yee Haw, I get to play the event in 2013, Thank You!!!

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this being my last year running this event; it’s my baby. For those that remember the Chilly Smack Challenge in 2008 – you may remember a very late start, barely making it off the course with daylight, and the awards being held in the cold darkness with several vehicle headlights pointing our way. For those that kept coming back – you may have noticed a raised level of preparedness to make this high-maintenance tourney run in a timely fashion with players leaving the awards with a little light still in the sky. Thanks for sticking with me and my crew.

The crew I couldn’t have produced this event without:

Kathy (wife) – She has been there with me since the beginning. Learning the ropes with me and has checked in every player at every one of my events. She helps me prepare all the tourney materials at the house and is responsible for me maintaining any bit of sanity I may have at the end of the weekend.

Rob Smith – He has helped with every event. He distributes all the player packs and is always ready to do whatever task needed. Rob is a right-hand man that has never complained.

Anthony (chili man) – He has gone above and beyond in preparing the weekend’s chili. When he first heard about the event he started a chili competition at work to find a new chili recipe just for us. He has always delivered the steaming pot of chili to the course (with no power) about 5 minutes before the players start coming in from their first chilly round. He keeps it simple – no frills, just chili in a bowl and usually enough for seconds. This will be the second year he comes all the way north from his new home in Cottage Grove, OR just to feed us. He makes nothing off of this – he just likes doing it, so we need to put out a gasoline tip jar for him this year.

Pierce County Disc Golf has also stood behind me every step of the way and let me do just about whatever I want with the course. Last year I over paid on my budget and they met me half way by letting me pay them less and letting me pay it after the holidays. Not making me feel like a punk and helping me out like that really helped keep my holiday season positive.

Special Mention:

I really hope to see my old friends Jeff Hagerty & Justin Romito at this year’s Chilly Smack Challenge. Back in the day, the three of us played in many events together all over the northwest. It was a lot of the plastic we had gathered playing in tournaments that made-up the 2008 player packs. Some players picked out a really sweet disc and some players got your average player pack roc (I still have the Kite that was left in the bottom of the box). Without the donations made by Jeff, Justin, & myself – I don’t know how we would have pulled off the first year’s player packs. Thanks guys!!

Chilly Smack Hard-Core Players:

These players played in all four of the previous Chilly Smackers and if they choose to attend this year – they will receive a deserved discount. These players will receive a $20 discount on their entry fee (provided in cash the day of the event – these players must still preregister) and they will also get a little something extra at the tourney.

Chris Waugh
        Dan Lilley
        Mike Werth
        Aaron Holley
        Mark Kilmer
        Kenny Benjamin
        Casey Olson
        Troy Cyganowski
        Rob Smith
        Chris Auseth
        Ron Stevens (missed 2008 because of a speeding ticket, but he did show up)

Thank you all for supporting this event!!!!

Last edited by Rideout; November 28th, 2012, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Thank you mike and everyone else that has help with this event. This event has always been one that makes you grateful for the summer but helps you get through the winter. A great time is had every year and I expect this year to be no different.
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

3 Headed Monster Doubles

We are putting together a course for a 3 headed monster.
            27 holes, 3 person teams, pro and am divisions.
            all holes already at the course (no new holes for the event)
            More to come.
            We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

hey is that fo sunday?
              It ain't gonna be easy!!!

Comment

YES IT IS.
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

I just tried to sign up for the smack but it only allows Paypay which is a pain for me. If I cant use my debit card then its either day of sign up or no dice. I dont think there should be a penalty for day of sign up if you cant offer mainstream payment methods online.
                  www.rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by CMC206 View Post
                    I just tried to sign up for the smack but it only allows Paypay which is a pain for me. If I cant use my debit card then its either day of sign up or no dice. I dont think there should be a penalty for day of sign up if you cant offer mainstream payment methods online.

You don't need a Paypal account; Paypal is just the processor. You can use your debit card with Paypal.

4DiscGolf is setting up another processor that doesn't make the webpage change when giving your credit/debit card info, but for now we only offer Paypal which sends you to the Paypal page.

Anyone that is unable to use Paypal - shoot me a PM or email and I will get something worked out. All payments will need to be made before the tournament if you don't want the extra fee.

Mike

Comment

I don't see a way to sign up for the Sunday Doub...er Triples...or am I blind? I have been known to overlook things...
                      Just a regular guy...

Comment

Originally posted by skabooblester View Post
                        I don't see a way to sign up for the Sunday Doub...er Triples...or am I blind? I have been known to overlook things...
                        Mark hasn't set up any online registration for the Sunday event.

Comment

I'm in once again!
                          "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

BAM! I'm in! Thanks Mike, you're awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Discgolfingkilmers View Post
                              We are putting together a course for a 3 headed monster.
                              27 holes, 3 person teams, pro and am divisions.
                              all holes already at the course (no new holes for the event)
                              More to come.
                              Thanks Mark for running a cool format like this. I'm excited for some December golf now! Bring on the snow!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X