X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Annual Lahar Benefit Open 11/3 C-Tier @ Riverside

I am very excited to announce the Second Annual Lahar Benefit Open will be on November 3rd, 2012 at Riverside Disc Golf Course in Sumner, WA. The event will fall under the PDGA’s Charity Endowment Program again and will be a sanctioned C-tier event. It is my goal to make this year bigger and better. Last year we had close to 40 players who braved the elements to raised close to $3,000 for the Y’s Friends and Servants Program. For the last two and a half years, the Friends and Servants Program has been partnering with the Pierce County Disc Golfers Players Association to help with course maintenance. Friends and Servants is a non-profit organization that works with at-risk youth to help them disconnect from the court system by providing them with an outlet to work off their court ordered community service hours under guidance of a positive adult mentor.
    Friends and Servants has graciously donated countless staff and volunteer hours, as well the equipment and operating costs to the course and the disc golf community. I feel that “The Lahar Benefit Open” provides an opportunity for the disc golf community to say thank you as well as give back to their community. With that in mind, if you have any leads or ideas of potential sponsors for the event, please contact me.
    To help reach the goal of $4,000, I am trying to keep tournament costs to as low as I can without sacrificing the player’s experience. A sweet player’s pack will be offered to the 1st 50 registered players. This year’s payout structure will be the same as last year. I will not pay out in cash or script to division leaders, but in donated prizes of equal or greater market value. Please stay tuned as I will be keeping both this thread as well as the Pierce County Disc Golf Players Association updated with newly acquired prize swag.

On-line registration for the event will available through 4discgolf.com. Please visit their site to sign up.

http://www.4discgolf.com

Pro Men & Pro Masters- $50
    Pro Women- $40

All Advanced Divisions Male & Female- $40

All Intermediate Divisions Male & Female- $30

1st list of sponsors are in. Stay tuned for updates in the next couple of days, and if you have any suggestions or possible leads let me know.

Keen Footwear
    99 Bottles
    Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey
    Its Greek to Me (Puyallup/Tacoma)
    Rock Woodfired Pizza
    Mando's Pro Shop

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy Frieling View Post
      1st list of sponsors are in. Stay tuned for updates in the next couple of days, and if you have any suggestions or possible leads let me know.

Keen Footwear
      99 Bottles
      Seattle Thunderbirds Hockey
      Its Greek to Me (Puyallup/Tacoma)
      Rock Woodfired Pizza
      Mando's Pro Shop
      updated sponsors as I continue my quest of door to door fun...

Emerald Downs
      Elements Frozen Yogurt
      HG Bistro
      Charlies Restaurant
      Bumpy's
      Farrellie's Pizza

Comment

10/16 List of added Sponsors

El Charro of Sumner
        Whistle Stop Antique Mall
        AJ's Treasure Shack
        Crystal Mountain Hotels
        Alfy's Pizza of Puyallup.... will be providing Players Lunch!!!
        Madrona Coffee

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

Shirt Order 10/29

Please sign up with me or via http://4discgolf.com/ by Sunday 10/28 to make sure you get a sweet black long sleeve dry fit with the Lahar logo on it. It will go nicely with your glo kc or glo san marino.

Comment

Im in! Im looking forward to another great Lahar!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Make shift wood shop

After a day or two in the make shift wood shop at work... Got most of the 2nd place trophies done for the Lahar. 1st place trophies will be a little bigger and the thirds will be a little smaller. Pretty stoked with how they came out. My awesome co-workers were a huge help! Thanks guys.

check out the attached photo to get a sneak peak at one of the 2nd place trophies for this years Lahar Benefit Open.

Comment

Community service that helps disc golf is a big win win for everybody & one day riverside tournament is a great way to kick off the winter disc season. Time to pull out the old hat & gloves!
                  Read this ^

Comment

just reg'd! too late for a dri-fit?

Also... anybody looking to carpool from Kirkland?

thanks,
                    Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Jamon View Post
                      just reg'd! too late for a dri-fit?

Also... anybody looking to carpool from Kirkland?

thanks,
                      Jason
                      You might talk to JJ/Jayden Johnson or the Clarks about a carpool. They are coming down from that part of town. Ordered just a handful of extra shirts. XL's and L. What is your size and I could put one aside for you.

Comment

L please, many thanks!

Originally posted by Jeremy Frieling View Post
                        You might talk to JJ/Jayden Johnson or the Clarks about a carpool. They are coming down from that part of town. Ordered just a handful of extra shirts. XL's and L. What is your size and I could put one aside for you.

Comment

Are there any player packs left, or am too late?
                          Just a regular guy...

Comment

Originally posted by skabooblester