4th Annual Lakewood Fall Fling to Fight MS, Lakewood Course, September 30th 2012 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Annual Lakewood Fall Fling to Fight MS, Lakewood Course, September 30th 2012

Hi all,

It's that time of year again and we are looking forward to the best Fall Fling yet. Last year was a huge success. We had a great time and donated over $4000 to the MS Society at the end of the day. I've been amazed every year by the generosity and community spirit of the disc golf community. Hope to see you all come out again this year.

TOURNAMENT HELD AT
    LAKEWOOD DISC GOLF COURSE
    SW 108TH ST & 10TH AVE SW, BURIEN, WA 98166
    OPEN TO PLAYERS OF ALL LEVELS
    $30 REGISTRATION FEE
    INCLUDES LUNCH & TOURNAMENT DISC
    10AM START
    PLEASE CONTACT COORDINATOR KEVIN HOOD TO PRE-REGISTER

Ways to Participate:
    1.)Register and Play
    2.)Sponsor a Teepad (minimum donation only 25 bucks!)
    3.)Donate a Prize (it can be just about anything…homemade stuff is great)
    4.) Find out if your company has a matching donation program

100% of proceeds donated directly to the Washington Chapter of the National MS Society. All donations are tax deductable.

Intentions of the Event:
    1.) To raise awareness of the impact of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in the Pacific Northwest region.
    2.) To create an opportunity for individuals and businesses to contribute to an expression of support and empowerment for the many people in our community who are living with MS.
    3.) To raise funds for the Washington Chapter of the National MS Society through tournament registration fees, raffles, private and corporate donations.

Please contact me if you would like to donate or pre-register.

Sincerely,

Kevin Hood
    Environmental Compliance Manager
    kevin_hood@pbsenv.com

parking lot now on 10th ave SW

definitely plan on returning to this old-fashioned good time event. I distinctly remember last year's Fling putting me in a great headspace morning, noon & night. and Kevin, you amaze with your fluency in running a tournament -- adept beyond what your experience would suggest. count me in, Kevin!
    - Kyle Sutherland

*** N.B. the entrance to the park is no longer on 108th st. it's now at 112th st & 10th ave. you may want to edit your OP to prevent any confusion.
    anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

I'm stoked Kyle! It's lining up to be great this year. Bring some friends!

Comment

Northwest Crossfit just donated 2 onramp program passes for the raffle valued at $200 each!
        If anyone has a leaderboard we'd love to borrow it. Also, any prize donations would be awesome. Just bring them the day of the event and we'll give them away. It can be anything from a 6 pack to a new Benz.

Cheers,

Kevin

Comment

is this one or two rounds?

Comment

Originally posted by wilt View Post
            is this one or two rounds?
            Traditionally, it's been one round followed by awards. There's usually a casual round after that. I bet Kevin will do something similar to that this year.

This is a really fun event. Kevin and his team of volunteers always deliver.

Comment

Big thanks to Kevin and his crew for putting on a fun tournament. Your hard work is appreciated.

Comment

Played in this tournament, was a great time, and a good experience for my first tournament. Thanks a lot to the Free Beer team, Chainbangerz, etc...plan to participate again next year.
                Just a regular guy...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X