X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 37th Annual WA State Disc Golf Championships Sept. 15 & 16

The longest running disc golf tournament in the world, and a great NW tradition, is just around the corner...

Come play the 37th Annual Washington State Disc Golf Championships

For the third consecutive year Gordy Kirkpatrick will be the TD and I'll be assisting. This year's event will be contested at the SeaTac and Lakewood courses.

Thanks to everyone that's purchased one of the custom stamped discs!! Not only are you getting a limited edition beauty to drop in your bag, you're helping to support the tourney too. We still have Champion Vulcans & Classic Rocs, Glow Champ Starfires & Wraiths and sparkly, metal flake Leopards, Destroyers, TeeBirds, Road Runners and Gators. If you're interested you can pick one up from me, Gordy or at the Lakewood Pro Shop for twenty bucks.

Follow the link for more details and registration options.

Thanks

Thanks for moving this event that was played at the same course for 35 years so that my state record (best round) will stand at steily forever or until this event comes back to were it started.

MARK KILMER -12 PRO 27 State Record Holder

THANKS AGAIN
    We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

I'd see this as an opportunity to make lightning strike twice. Looking forward to seeing all the usual suspects out and about my two favorite discing strolls!
      Panda...it's what's for dinner!

Team Deucebag

Comment

I'm happy to report that the list of REGISTERED PLAYERS is growing daily.

The weekly random doubles that Gordy ran as a fundraiser all summer at North Park brought in almost $450 and we've raised close to $800 so far with the CFR discs (Wow!). Hopefully by the time we're ready to tee off on the 15th we'll have over $1500 of add cash.

There's going to be a work party on Sept. 8th (starting in the morning) at SeaTac to beautify the course and make sure the added holes are looking sharp. Please come out and join us if you are so inclined!

Cheers, EE

Comment

What is the schedule?
          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Pulled this from the flyer on Lakewooddiscgolf.com... but it still doesn't tell what divisions to be where and when.

Saturday: 18 holes at Lakewood & 18 holes at Seatac
            Sunday: One round at Seatac (with added temp. holes)
            (subject to change if necessary)
            Players meeting at 9:00 am on Saturday & Sunday, Start time 9:30 am
            Registration taken (@ Lakewood) on the day of the event (as space allows) from 7:30-8:45 am

Comment

Things are coming together for the State Championships. I spent some time at SeaTac on Saturday with Gordy, Eric M., & Dan creating some temporary tee pads for the two extra holes we're going to play (right after hole 18). On Monday I stopped by there again to do a little more groundskeeping and to flag a couple of hornets nests for the parks dept. to spray. Other than looking a bit brown and dry from the lack of rain, both courses are playing beautifully.

Right now we have around 50 players pre-registered and since this tourney traditionally has under 80 players Gordy and I have decided to have all divisions play SeaTac on Saturday morning and Lakewood in the afternoon following the lunch break. On Sunday all divisions will play again at SeaTac and then we will meet back at Lakewood for some delicious BBQ (included in entry) and to present the awards. Any playoffs for first place or trophies will also be played at Lakewood and if no ACE is hit during the tourney then a CTP will ensue with the top three finishers splitting up the ace fund 50/30/20%.

Bottom line... everyone please check in at SeaTac on Saturday morning! We will be taking registrations from 7:45 to 8:45 (as room allows) at Tourney Central which will be in the traditional spot near the #16 Tee pad

Comment

90 players showed up to compete in the State Championships today under warm, sunny skies! We played 20 holes at SeaTac followed by another 20 at Lakewood and we'll finish up on Sunday with a morning round at SeaTac (revenge anyone?).

It took a little while but I did manage to get the SCORES up tonight. I expect they'll get posted more promptly after the final round. Thanks everybody for keeping cool and managing the pace of play. There were some slow downs at times but no epic back-ups as far as I could tell.

Time to get some sleep. See y'all in the mornin'. EE
                Last edited by ericedge; September 15th, 2012, 11:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

90 is a great turn out especially when it was high 50's on Thursday.

I think the players are starting to realize that TD's a have lot to do off the course and are becoming more patient with the time it takes for whole process.

Kudo's to both the players and the TD's for their efforts.
                  rewindb.com

Comment

What Jub said. Well done Gordy and Eric. I wish I could of made the BBQ but I wanted to see my son more than 2 hours this weekend and catch some of the Hawks game.
                    www.rewindb.com

Comment

Wow, thanks everyone for making this such a fun weekend. The BBQ after the round was a tasty, good time- thanks Up In Smoque. SCORES have been posted. Time to get some rest, find my putt (I'm sure I left it around here somewhere?), and get signed up for the event in the Tri-Cities.
                      Last edited by ericedge; September 16th, 2012, 06:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Thanks for your effort Eric! Being a TD is a chore and I thank you for a job well done.

Comment

Awesome time out there. Great job with the tourney Gordy and Eric. The BBQ was excellent as well

Comment

Thanks to Gordy and up in Smoque for lunch, it was delicious. Special thank you to Edge for correcting the name on my card. (It's the small things that really count). Saw some amazing golfing and conditions this weekend. I Really enjoyed myself!

I didn't get a chance to make this speech but I feel it's appropriate.
                            I never had the opportunity to meet Doug Newland, but I was lucky enough to spend some time with Ralphie when I was very new to the sport. One thing that I want to thank him for is the infectious passion he had for disc golf. Sometimes we lose sight of that. We get caught up in ratings and competition so much that it's hard to remember how the simple fun keeps us coming back. I played my heart out this weekend, I did it in his memory and for the basic love of the sport. I was lucky enough to be rewarded with a good finish and praise from fellow competitors. "Winning" is a side effect of a good attitude and determination (Talent helps too). The real trophy is respect and support from others.

Congrats to the winners and runners up in their respected divisions. Special congrats to Michael Knowles Advanced Mens winner, class act and great golfer I gave him all I got, I tip my cap to him.
                            And to Kyle Crabtree who came back 4 strokes behind some serious golfers to win. Amazing golf for sure, but everything a champion is..
                            "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                            PDGA # 42821
                            Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Thanks to Edge and Gordy for a great tourney!!!!
                              Thanks for all of the good bbq-Up IN Smoque!!!
                              To all the golfers who donated a disc for Kenya,you rock!!!!!
                              Up to 100 discs now because of you guys/gals.

Pitmaster

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X