Tri-Cities Open Championship (WSS Finals B-Tier ) Sep. 22nd -23rd Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tri-Cities Open Championship (WSS Finals B-Tier ) Sep. 22nd -23rd

Here are some of the first official details on the WSS Finals! (Tri-Cities Open Championship) The date of the tournament has been changed from September 29-30th to September 22-23rd. We'll keep you all updated as the tournament approaches

WSS Finals Event
    B-Tier Singles Event
    Largest sanctioned field tournament in Washington State (216 player limit)
    Rounds to be played at Two Rivers, Columbia Park, and James Lawless Park
    Friday 21st c Tier Doubles Event (location TBD)

Saturday September 22nd

Player Meeting 8:30 am
    Round 1 Tee 9:05 am
    Round 2 Tee 2:00 pm

Sunday September 23rd

Player Meeting 8:30 am
    Round 3 Tee 9:05 am
    Final 9 Skins Raffle 1:30 pm
    Final 9 Skins immediately follows Skins Raffle
    Awards Ceremony immediately follows Final 9 Skins

Open $100
    Advanced $80
    Intermediate $60
    2K guaranteed for first place Open Men
    1K guaranteed for first place Open Women
    Full sized baskets given to winners of Mens Advanced and Mens Intermediate

Local Raffle valued over 1K
    National Raffle valued at over 1K
    Massive Final 9 Skins Raffle to play alternate shot with the Pros
    Players Packs sponsored by Dynamic Discs and Gateway (Advanced and Intermediate only)

PDGA Listing: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/97127
    Online registration is available at http://store.northwestsignup.com/ind...products_id=79
    View the flyer/registration form on the web http://crdiscgolf.com/tc-open-championship.html or by clicking on the attachment below.
    Last edited by crdiscgolf; August 15th, 2012, 08:57 PM. Reason: Date Changed to Sep. 22nd-23rd

Online registration is now open

HERE

WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Comment

i'm offering camping ( motorhome, camper, camptrailer , tent ect....) to those who need a place to crash !! drive time to Two Rivers is 1min30sec--Columbia Park 20min--Lawless Park 30min.. Let me know ?
      PDGA # 52916
      CRDGC
      TCDGC
      FWWDGC
      PDGC

Comment

count me in.

Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
        i'm offering camping ( motorhome, camper, camptrailer , tent ect....) to those who need a place to crash !! drive time to Two Rivers is 1min30sec--Columbia Park 20min--Lawless Park 30min.. Let me know ?
        Is there an address for this place to camp? I have a trailer that I may bring but considering the weather I may just bring a tent or sleep in the back of the truck. if i can get a look at a map of locations of courses and camping ,i can plan my weekend. Do we know which division are starting at which courses? Advanced Masters?

Comment

Payout sounds amazing. I hope that second place brings home 1350, 3rd 1000, 4th 750 5th 550 so on.. 2 nd bringing home 350 would be pretty :-(
          Relax and enjoy your hair
          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yoduh View Post
            Payout sounds amazing. I hope that second place brings home 1350, 3rd 1000, 4th 750 5th 550 so on.. 2 nd bringing home 350 would be pretty :-(
            It's a done deal CRDGC is adding another $1000 to places 2-5 Men's Open
            PDGA # 52916
            CRDGC
            TCDGC
            FWWDGC
            PDGC

Comment

So the payout will follow the pdga scale. That will be awesome!
              TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

What about the other cash div.

Do they get any added cash ?

Or any other div

Comment

Originally posted by Big dawg 99 View Post
                  What about the other cash div.

Do they get any added cash ?

Or any other div
                  I will check on that ...
                  PDGA # 52916
                  CRDGC
                  TCDGC
                  FWWDGC
                  PDGC

Comment

Originally posted by guitodd View Post
                    Is there an address for this place to camp? I have a trailer that I may bring but considering the weather I may just bring a tent or sleep in the back of the truck. if i can get a look at a map of locations of courses and camping ,i can plan my weekend. Do we know which division are starting at which courses? Advanced Masters?
                    FREE CAMPING !!!
                    this is not a campground , It's my own property . 1 acre grass , 1 acre dry feild.. 2 min Two Rivers , 20 min Columbia Park , 30 min Lawless Park . First come first serve. (Sorry no showers but will have portable toilets ) PM me
                    PDGA # 52916
                    CRDGC
                    TCDGC
                    FWWDGC
                    PDGC

Comment

Added Money

Hey guys, this is Randy Kirkpatrick, tournament director for the Tri-Cities Open Championship. I hope to be able to jump on here and answer as many questions as possible that come through the thread. So I'll just jump right into it, as for the extra $1000 added to places 2-5 in Men's Open It will be dispersed exactly like this. 2nd-$400/3rd-$300/4th-$200/5th-$100. This money will above and beyond the PDGA payout. Which if you were wondering for that division will be top 40%. Our club has done this to spread the wealth and relieve some of the drop off between 1st place and the rest of the top 5. With that being said there will probably be more than $4000 paid out in those top 5 with first still set at $2,000. In all other divisions we will be taking out the absolute smallest amount possible to break even for the player packs. Meaning, when you play in some events an AM buy in might be $40, and they may "value" the players pack at $20, taking that out of the "buy in" leaving $20 technically to go to the prize pool. We will not be running it this way. We will be setting the "value" of the players pack at exactly what they cost "us" per player. An example may be $40 buy in, our "cost" for player pack is technically "$10", leaving $30 to go to our prize pool, much more than normal. The payouts in Am divisions will be some of the best you will see, I guarantee it. I hope this has answered some of your questions and feel free to ask any more.

Comment

Anybody from Spokane down to hook up a ride there and back for this?
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

This is what the payout is supposed to look like when you pay 1st place $1,800. When you bump it to $2,000 these numbers should rise.. http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/77589
                          Not a big fan of the 1 guy walks away with all the money payout. Not really what the game is about. This tournament example is following PDGA guidelines on payout using the scale which obviously you are not doing. You are well below that scale. After skins the top guy could walk away with $3000 and the guy who finished 2 strokes back in third has $300... I have heard a bunch of people talk about this and not a lot of people are really stoked on the lets pay one dude a huge chunk of cash deal. We've all been paying into the pot all year and let's have a tourney at the end and give it to one dude.. Now there may be a completely different payout for the series payouts and all of this money is raised from the club which I've got mad props for. I really wish the payout was done properly. I feel like you could guarentee $1,400 for men and $700 for Women and still grab some serious attention. Put that $900 in the pot as well and bring the others up where they should be on PDGA payout guidelines and EVERYBODY would be stoked. Heck the guy who wins could win a bunch of skins and still walk away with more than $2,000. Even if not $1,400 is NOTHING to complain about where as getting beaten by 1 in a playoff and getting $1,600 less, probably only walking away with $200 after paying for your entire weekend including entry fee is understandable.
                          I have to say with all this being said I know the thankless job deal about being a TD and it's super cool to see someone step up and try and blow it up big.. While winning and getting $2,000 sounds really cool when you get 5th and walk away with $500 or more you really have people's attention.
                          TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

yoduh, you misread the tournament directors post. he is not giving total payouts, he is ONLY talking about the EXTRA 1000 dollars is going to be dispersed between places 2-5. so that 300 dollars is on top of whatever the regular payout is going to be for 3rd place.

it always seems like you are just waiting and salivating for your next oppertunity to jump all over somebodies case. not very cool at all.
                            Team HOSER:dancing:
                            Team OLY:cheerleader:
                            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Ok, Just so there is no misunderstanding. TYVEK is correct, we will be paying out $1000 on top of the standard PDGA pay table. Meaning that if there were 40 pros (and I think there will be) Third place won't just be getting that $300. They will be getting somewhere close $360+the extra $300= a grand total of $660. If we get just a tad more than 40 players 5th will be around $500. Now this is just an example, but it is relative to how many people are in the field obviously. We will be spreading the wealth and the top 40% of Men's Open will be paid out. I hope this clears that up and let me know if you have any more questions, thanks.

P.S.- We already have players registering for this now and are drawing quite the attraction from some of the worlds best. Within the last few days a few awesome players signed up that have last names that rhyme with TrabCree and RusterShick Oh, YEahhhhh.
                              Last edited by Golfanatic; August 21st, 2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X