"Whiners in the Woods III" - SUNDAY, Sept 9th Bud Pell DGC (W.S. Championships) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So many different ways to win!!!
    But all I care about is that cool MINI!!
    Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
    Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

That's what I figured, Sam. My comment was mostly made "tongue in cheek". Guess i'll just have to try to play well and spank most of those guys half my age.
      Basket thieves

Comment

Event reminder:

This Sunday, September 9th is the WWIII event.

Player Check-in is from 8:00am to 8:45am.

Players' Meeting at 9:00am

Included Ace Pot

Prize for top score each round

CTP on hole 2A and 18 both rounds. (Total value of $200)

Special handicap scoring trophies will awarded top five players who play above their skill set (rating/performance based).

Huge raffle drawing at the awards ceremony, including a discatcher sport basket from Innova ($200) value.

Do you have any unwanted new disc golf related items to dontate to the WSDGA for use in the raffle?

If so, bring them along and add to the fundraising efforts by the WSDGA to promote and grow the sport of disc golf.

Proceeds will go towards the purchase of a replacement basket for the Kitsap Fairgrounds that was stolen last month. Funds have also been set a side for more course improvements at the Bud Pell at Ross Farm.

See you all on Sunday.

Comment

Will there be sign ups day of? I'm not certain if I will have Sunday off yet or not.. Thanks

Comment

Checking the PDGA listings, and accounting for the extra capacity afforded by the 21 hole layout, I'd say chances of playing as a day-of attender is looking good.

I'd come earlier than I would otherwise and be an early check-in sign up.

Big thanks as always to Flingin Fireman, as he was out on the course today grooming the fairways with the big mower/tractor. Thanks Paul!

And there's crews doing course prep as I type and again tomorrow, so the Bud will be all dressed and ready for Sunday.

And Have I mentioned that there's a strong likelihood of Ice cream after the second round?

Go West Sound

Comment

Now that the event has come and gone. I want to extent a special thanks all the players that helped prep the course and assisted with the day of operations. It takes a whole team to pull off a great on-time event.

The event was a success. The WSDGA raised enough funds to purchase a replacement basket for the stolen basket at the Kitsap Fairgrounds DGC and had some funds left over to use towards course improvement at the Bud Pell at Ross Farm DGC.

Thanks again and Job Well Done

Kenny Benjamin
              Brian Jacobs
              Brian Thornton
              Mike Foster
              Eric Martin
              Cathy Cohoon
              John Cohoon
              Paul Wright
              Tammy Huff
              Jeff Montgomery
              Dan Glynn
              And others that I can't remember today. Sorry.

Other sponsors included (not limited to):

Ross Family
              NW Paintball Park
              NW Golf Range
              West Sound Disc Golf Association
              Ray "Fish" Rothrock
              Cedar Products Company
              Hyzer Farm (Ebay store)
              Adrian Alegria
              Innova Discs

Last edited by Yardbird; September 13th, 2012, 04:39 AM. Reason: added more sponsors

Comment

Thanks Sam, and the rest of the crew, I had a terrific time on Sunday! Bud Pell is such a great place to play disc golf and you guys have such a great scene going on.

Looking forward to the next one, EE

Comment

Thank you so much for the fun time and cool layout of the course. Bud pell is pretty awesome..........technical is the name of game besides getting the box of captain crunch on a trade during the raffle.......yum! It could of not worked out any better.
                  WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Final Standings and Scoring Tables for the West Sound Challenge 2012
                    Including the final day event "Whiners in the Woods III"
                    Includes link to PDGA results tables

click
                    here

The West Sound Challenge 2012 season consisted of 6 events from Discing at the Depot in the spring all the way to the final event.

Thanks series lead Sam Huff and WSDGA team for providing the West Sound region with a wonderful series of playing opportunities - balancing value, fun, competition, and also fostering an increased participation by those who have never played "tournament events" before.

The finals also incorporated raw and handicapped scoring and awards. A first in NW region events.

go West Sound

Look through the end scoring tables and you'll see how much data is there. Incredible!

Comment

Notable data about West Sound Challenge 2012:

162 unique attenders! That's wide reach!

Round ratings ranged from 475 to 1023. That's a wide spectrum!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X