Zen Open at Van Zee - WS Challenge #5 Sat Aug 11 (limited field) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zen Open at Van Zee - WS Challenge #5 Sat Aug 11 (limited field)

The West Sound Disc Golf Association presents West Sound Challenge 2012 event#5 at Van Zee park, Port Orchard August 11th.

"Zen Open at Van Zee"

Limited Field on this nine hole course.

Missed out? the West Sound club wants to send our endorsement to other regional events in Western Washington, including the event at Shelton Springs this same day (check out that event listing for more details and go play the Springs...It's great!).

This is the fifth event in the West Sound Challenge series, which has taken off in popularity like a rocket!

This thread has been started even with the Full status for important information for attenders and to potentially allow for waitlist use.

However, next up in the Series is...

"Whiners in the Woods III: West Sound Championships"
    More info to be laid out in its own thread coming soon. It's going to be "C" tier charity sanctioned, two rounds of 21 on an event layout at the Bud Pell at Ross Farm course.

Stay alert and don't miss your chance to get in!

I believe some of us West Sounders will have entry forms available for the Whiners in the Woods III at the Shelton Showdown, and a downloadable PDF entry form is currently on www.wsdga.org

Contact for all things WS Challenge Series 2012 related, including waitlist questions for the Zen Open and registration for Whiners in the Woods III:West Sound Championships is "Yardbird" here on the forums.

Comment

Not sure we want to recommend people go play Shelton this weekend with their BIG tourney going on. I wouldn't want to be that guy that showed up for a casual round and tried to squeeze in....
      Basket thieves

Comment

I think he was suggesting if you could not play in the Zen Open on AUGUST 11 then you could go down instead to Shelton Springs.
        You are correct, this weekend is not a good weekend to just "show up" at Shelton Springs...Although I will be there Lord willing!
        Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
        Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaSquad View Post
          I think he was suggesting if you could not play in the Zen Open on AUGUST 11 then you could go down instead to Shelton Springs.
          You are correct, this weekend is not a good weekend to just "show up" at Shelton Springs...Although I will be there Lord willing!
          Oops...that makes sense. I didn't know about the event @ Shelton on that same day.
          Moving on, nothing to see here...
          Basket thieves

Comment

I know I'm not the first to ask...
            Is the flyer/poster art all original?
            Who's the artist?
            Are these available in print anywhere?
            Original disc golf art available from the artist?

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Hansen View Post
              I know I'm not the first to ask...
              Is the flyer/poster art all original?
              Who's the artist?
              Are these available in print anywhere?
              Original disc golf art available from the artist?
              for mabye the first time ever, i have to agree with Wes. the artwork is just awesome. that would be a poster i would be proud to have on my wall.
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

I've got a number of posters by WestsoundBT....Stellar artwork and very imaginative. Collect them all!
                Basket thieves

Comment

how?

Comment

He actually had his catalog at the Tall Grass Classic at Bud Pell last weekend. I'm not sure if he had a supply or was taking orders but he'll probably see this and respond, or you could PM him.

I think most of them are 12" x 18" and are like $10/ea.
                    Last edited by jeffmonty; July 18th, 2012, 09:16 PM. Reason: *
                    Basket thieves

Comment

who?
                      If WestsoundBT, then - done.
                      If not, to whom should I direct my inquiry?

Comment

Thanks Wes (and others) for your interest.

I've been having fun making the posters for our West Sound events. And yes, I have made them available for purchase at times. Poster sales are not a way to make a living, so I treat it as a distraction and a great exercise in trying out new design techniques.

I've now taken to bringing a portfolio along to events to make some available for in person purchase. The $10 amount Monty mentioned is what I've been doing. I'll be at our West sound challenge events, including the Whiners in the Woods event in September, as well as I'll be at the Shelton Showdown this weekend. I haven't really got a great system dialed in for mailing these, though I'd likely have to add on some mailing costs for those that were interested. I've got all WS Challenge events, and a collection of West Sound event posters back a few cycles as well.

a note about quality:
                        The collectors prints are really nice quality, 12x18 professionally printed on a Fuji Archive photo paper. Really vibrant print output with a matte finish. They frame up great in any stock 18x24 you'd get from anywhere. Prints like these as art prints are customarily "floated" on a white backing sheet without a mat. If you know anything about print fliers, most are quick toner based, pretty lightweight, and start fading right away. These are really solid and have a great level of color permanence that makes them eligible for framed display. I'm starting (with the Whiners event) to print some of those cheaper runs for our community promotional uses, but still have some of the "nice keepsake" ones available.

I do also create artwork in pastel, acrylic and other fine art mediums on the side as well. Art prints for those, using the same print system, sell at well more than twice the price I'm offering up for the golf posters.

ok, back to playing disc golf!

Brian Thornton
                        West Sound Disc Golf Association, VP

Comment

Is there an online gallery of what you have available?
                          PM me a price including mailer and postage.
                          Do you take PP?
                          Better yet, when you have all the details worked out, perhaps post a thread in buy/sell....

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X