Clear All

• LJ Jubner
    started a topic 2009 Cool Shoes Invitational (XC Tier) - April 4-5, 2009

2009 Cool Shoes Invitational (XC Tier) - April 4-5, 2009

Offical info and respone venue for event

http://www.odsa.com/forum/viewtopic....p=93732#p93732

Flyer

Current Registration
    Last edited by Tim; March 16th, 2009, 02:22 PM.

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    It's time to put CSI to bed for another year.

Brody is a great Champion joining the list of Past winners Big Mike, Dave, Avery. Congrats to Tuffi Open Ladies
    Gordy K Masters Open,
    Sandy Age Adv
    Tom Age Grand
    Steve MCClain Adv Men
    Kyle Baker Am II
    Nancy Morgan Am Ladies

Offical results are submitted along with payment jub

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
    I wanted to thank Dave for his little confession on Sunday. We all strive to play to the best of our ability and get frustrated when we don't. Usually the response is ..."the course sucks" "why is this?" "why not that?" Whatever the reason it's human nature to react this way. I found it refreshing, That someone with a much higher skill level than most of us can be just as frustrated by their perceived poor play and then lash out at the person they feel can do something about it (not their game just the other things). The refreshing part is the admission of their faults to all who attended and the growth that comes from it.

Kudos Dave, you are truly a professional worth looking up too. jub
    Oh, I want to hear the rest of this story...

Leave a comment:

• tikidiscer
    replied
    Well done Jub, great job!!

Oh, and thanks for ordering that weather.

That course eats me up, but for some reason I keep going back

Leave a comment:

• snap7times
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Holy sheet! That's awesome. I knew Brody was awesome but I didn't realize he was "beat the best player in the world" awesome. Hats off to him on a great victory!
    Sam, did you forget??? Anyone rated above 1038 is the Rainbow with sprinkles on top division!

"Brody is the best damned disc golfer nobody outside of the NW has ever heard of.

It would be great to see a NW golfer take the Fling in May..."

Actually I learned about brody from the current Deaf National Champ who lives in Texas, he told me about Brody's sweet form from a few years ago and was disapointed to see Brody not compete often in the last few years, he was pleased to see Brody make a good appearnace recently..

Leave a comment:

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    You did a great JUB!
    Jub job? or job jub?

I wanted to thank Dave for his little confession on Sunday. We all strive to play to the best of our ability and get frustrated when we don't. Usually the response is ..."the course sucks" "why is this?" "why not that?" Whatever the reason it's human nature to react this way. I found it refreshing, That someone with a much higher skill level than most of us can be just as frustrated by their perceived poor play and then lash out at the person they feel can do something about it (not their game just the other things). The refreshing part is the admission of their faults to all who attended and the growth that comes from it.

Kudos Dave, you are truly a professional worth looking up too. jub

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    You did a great JUB!

Leave a comment:

• Mystjava
    replied
    Thanks to everyone who help making this a learning experience for me -- and I did improved! Yeah!!! (I actually conquer my fear of hole 2, 4, and one other!)

Leave a comment:

• REDFIVE
    replied
    thanks jub!

everything went smoothly and a good time was had. cant really go wrong on a course that is as good as sea tac. looking forward to the jet wash.

Leave a comment:

• Pizzel
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
    I had a great time at this event. Thank you Jub. You did a great job running the event. Rounds were on time and everything was pretty smooth.

It was great to see Brody come out and play his game. Maybe next time I'll play mine. Na, I didn't play too bad. I was only a few missed putts away from being in the leader group all weekend.
    Are we going to have to start calling you "second card" instead of "second place"????

Leave a comment:

• Sean Phillips
    replied
    I had a great time at this event. Thank you Jub. You did a great job running the event. Rounds were on time and everything was pretty smooth.

It was great to see Brody come out and play his game. Maybe next time I'll play mine. Na, I didn't play too bad. I was only a few missed putts away from being in the leader group all weekend.

Leave a comment:

• LJ Jubner
    replied
    More kudos

I am brain dead (more so then usual)
    Anyway I wanted to thank my backroom staff
    Thanks to Depot and Mandos for the great flymart. Scrip was hopping between them.
    As always Edge for his online prowess.
    Gordy K for keep the tools running as well as the 9 official
    Matt Gill for working to get the course ready and helping with the board.
    Chuck and Tim for rallying the cards all three rounds while I answered questions.

All of these efforts allowed us to be on time, run a quality event and get players home at a decent time (Seattle - Missoula 450 miles one way). Hooray!

Leave a comment:

• Bullseye
    replied
    Brody is the best damned disc golfer nobody outside of the NW has ever heard of.

It would be great to see a NW golfer take the Fling in May...

Leave a comment:

• ChUcK
    replied
    I caught most of Brody's 1050 rated second round on film, and it's pretty amazing to see him string together so many 3's on the back. I think he bogied hole 4 and 18 and that's it.

The amazing show was the final nine skins. I'll probably never again witness a deuce on 16 (~620 ft) followed by launching a drive over the top of 17's bucket. Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• NWDiscer
    replied

WTG Brody just coming into his prime.....

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X