North City Eagle's Club presents DGFD Fundraiser- July 28th- Mountlake Terrace,WA Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North City Eagle's Club presents DGFD Fundraiser- July 28th- Mountlake Terrace,WA

We are looking for willing and able disc golfers to spot on the tougher fairways during the first round, and to help with set-up and/or participate in the Random Flip Doubles round after lunch (only $2 to play in the doubles- also will be open to anybody on the course who is not registered who wants to flip!).
    Last edited by p-nit; June 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM. Reason: added info
    “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
    ― Khalil Gibran

If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ”
    ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

Damn....same day as Aquafest in Lake Stevens.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
        Damn....same day as Aquafest in Lake Stevens.
        Yeah, when I met with the VP at the club to work out specifics, we tried to do it in August or July 21, but his band is also playing at the North City Eagles that night, and they want to make a whole day of it. On that note the club has also agreed that anyone with a receipt of registration (you'll get one at check in) can get into the club that day without being a member and enjoy the band and cheap drinks. We are working on securing a shuttle to help people get safely to and from the park/club/home. Looking for a fun-filled day with all levels of players, and helping the members who are golfers get to know each other.
        ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

The Fraternal Order of Eagles are a non-profit organization that enhances community. Here is a link to their main website for more information on this great group of people, of which I am proud to be a member. It is a growing organization looking to bring in younger members to keep the clubs alive and helping others in our communities for years to come.

Eagles Website

"The Eagles are hometown builders. We support our police, firefighters, and others who protect and serve. We fund medical research in areas such as spinal cord injuries, kidney disease, diabetes and Alzheimer's. We help raise money for our communities...we are the Eagles and we are "People Helping People.""
          ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

Still need volunteers for spotters on the back 9, volunteers will also be able to get into the club for free and see the band. Message me if you are interested in registering or volunteering. Thanks!

To answer a few questions:
            So far we have a little more than a dozen players signed up, I will know for sure how many when I check in with the club soon. The players packs are getting better with each sponsor SO far includes a mini disc, handmade hemp bracelet, a sharpie (thanks Office Max), and perfect disc bag-size notepad (for future score keeping and doodling while waiting on a tee). There will be Chainbangerz scrip, and some really cool plastic to be had by winners in divisions, and the Eagle's are known for inexpensive "liquid entertainment" at their clubs so there are bottles being raffled off (some raffle items are for ages 21+). A great big THANK YOU to everyone who has signed up so far, and the friends who have helped point me in the right directions and shared their experience in TD'ing my first Eagle's DGFD.

Last edited by p-nit; July 14th, 2012, 07:55 AM. Reason: added player info
            ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

Good luck on directing your first event! Unfortunately, I have to babysit BA that day at Aquafest and I won't be able to play, but I love seeing new names on the short list of TD's!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                Good luck on directing your first event! Unfortunately, I have to babysit BA that day at Aquafest and I won't be able to play, but I love seeing new names on the short list of TD's!
                Thanks, it is as much work as I have been warned but a lot of fun since most of the promoting is bar-hopping between Eagle's clubs in the Northwest. Interesting how many are within 2 miles of disc golf parks! I foresee more Eagle clubs participating/hosting fun non-sanctioned tourneys in the future, also helping to improve the parks and disc golf community. Parks within short distance to clubs:

Lake Fennewick
                Lakewood/Sea-Tac
                Mineral Springs/Northpark
                Juel Park
                White River
                Silver Lake

..and those are just the ones I played (conveniently) visiting the different Eagle Aerie Clubs in the NW. Looking forward to bringing two great community builders together, and see what we can do!
                ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

The day is approaching! Here is what we have lined up:

Check-in at 10:00am
                  Player's Meeting at 10:30am
                  Tee-Off at 10:45 or 11:00am
                  Lunch (grillin' and chillin', putting games) between 12:45pm and 2:00pm
                  Awards and Raffle (tickets only $1!) at 1:30-2:00pm
                  Doubles Round Meeting and Random Flip at 2:00pm
                  (pay-out for doubles immediately following end of round)

Thanks to our sponsors: Lynnwood Eagles #2888, Redmond Eagles #3324, Seattle Eagles #1, Ray Kerrigan- White Center Eagles President, Scott Allen, Lowell Shields, Don C. and all the help (and plastic) from Chainbangerz. Oh, and of course Derek (North City Club VP), Mag, and myself for all the time and money we have spent over the last couple of months to make this happen. Hope to see a fun group of players out on Saturday!
                  ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

On the menu for lunch:

1/4 lb. burgers (cheese,relish,etc)
                    hot dogs
                    Veggie Burgers
                    Turkey Dogs
                    Apples
                    Bananas
                    +a chocolate treat in each player's pack.

Looking forward to giving out some Chain Wear disc bag straps, tye dye plastic, CTP's on tee #1#5#18, and more!
                    Last edited by p-nit; July 27th, 2012, 03:40 PM. Reason: more stuff
                    ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

Everyone's a Winner!

Big Thank You to everyone that came out and played on Saturday! Especially to Mr.Metal, Don C., Mike Wagner, Eric Clark, and Kris for helping set out tee signs and make the burgers and dogs. Thank you TJ, and Elmer Sakuma for the extra coolers and giving peeps a ride. Thank you Matt Bubar for the plastic donated to the Doubles Round CTP and hooked up some dudes. There was a small turn out, only 12 players, but we still raised enough to give the club over $200 towards their charity of choice. The best part is everyone walked away with a prize (in their division or in the raffle), plenty to eat, and we had a great table at the club to watch the best Stevie Ray Vaughn cover band this side of the Mississippi. Good day yous guys

First Round:

Mike Wagner 49 (-5)
                      Don C. 52 (-2)
                      Anthony H. 53 (-1)
                      Cory 53 (-1)
                      Armon I. 55 (+1)
                      Eric "That Guy" C. 60 (+6)
                      Matt B. 61 (+7)
                      Kris 62 (+8)
                      TJ 69 (+15)
                      Elmer 75
                      Goddess Elan 83
                      Conner DNF

And congrats to Don and Armon for taking first out of four teams in the random flip doubles round!

Thanks to the North Seattle Eagles for approaching me with the concept of a disc golf fundraiser for Eagles clubs. Derek, Mag, and Trudy at the club for all their help and making this happen. Our sponsors: Lowell Shields, Scott Allen, Ray Kerrigan, Seattle Aerie#1, Lynnwood Aerie#2888, Redmond Aerie#3324, and Keith at Chainbangerz for his help and covering my shift at the Lakewood Pro Shop
                      ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X