Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way. There was clearly an input error and someone hit the 2 key rather than the 1 key. The round ratings look right but the scores are clearly 100 strokes too high.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

ha!
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

With all the talk of tourneys on these boards I think extremely important to chime in as loudly for a great job!
        To Scott, all the support volunteers, the sponsors, and all those members and spouses of WWDGC members ... Thank You

I play few tourneys, but I will never miss the Sushi again. The course was in great shape, and the support from staff and players alike, as well as the greater WW community is a credit to your hard work. Thanks for starting me in the first round with George, Lesley, and Karen. It was the most stress free tourney round I've every played. And to Paul, Mike and Mark, thanks for the second round, you guys pushed me on every shot, thanks for the walk.
        educate your thinking

Comment

Bravo, Scot and company. Everything about this tourny - registration, players pack dri-fit shirts, organization, tee signage, foursomes, clean course, payout, disc selection, ect were the best of the (few) WA series events I have played or heard about (many). Thanks for all your hard work. I had a blast and hope to have a chance to play this one again.

Comment

Hey Jman will get to battle in another tourny this year. It was great to see all that were able to make it.

I would also like to say with a heavy heart that again we lose another sponsor for a great tourny, due to the lack of respect of the rules and expectations of the comfort Inn.

I'm afraid thats why our sport will never get to the next level in the eyes of corporate sponsorship. I know Scott was not very happy sunday morning having to deal with a phone call like that

I'm not taking the holy'r than thou position. I would really like to see the sport go to the next level, and it's going to take everyone's effort and actions to make this happen.

Scot thanks again for a great tourny, you do a great job

Comment

hay citizen arrest what happend at comfort inn

Comment

I am guessing drug use. I hope I'm wrong.
                Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

my guess is drug, or alcohol induced room trashing. NO matter what it was, sounds like the Comfort Inn might not be willing to rent out rooms for this event again.
                  All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                    my guess is drug, or alcohol induced room trashing. NO matter what it was, sounds like the Comfort Inn might not be willing to rent out rooms for this event again.
                    Can anyone shed any light on the situation? Perhaps a public humiliation is just the thing it will take to keep this situation from continuing to happen. Oh well scratch off another hotel!!!!!!!!
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

Room #'s and names are being provided for me. I just have to figure out how to best handle the situation. Some kind of public humiliation does sound tempting. I heard of bragging by said individuals after the final 9 to others about how much they were smelling up the hallway, stuffing towels everywhere to keep the smell in, etc etc. Obviously no remorse on their end so they wouldn't mind everyone knowing they were responsible for costing us a sponsor.

I'm glad to hear you guys enjoyed the event, next year will be even better. I swear someday I will figure out the awards ceremony.....

Lest we forget, the Aloha was an Am Nationals Qualifier. The top 15% of the Advanced Am field will receive automatic invitations. Congratulations to Jesse Garcia, Clyde Murr, Steven McLain, and Eric Lund, nice shooting out there

Comment

I too would like to thank everyone who was involved with putting on this tournament because they did an awesome job The players pack rocked, and the ring of fire at the end was super fun with lots of great prizes. Dinner at Aloha Sushi was very cool. I am glad that everyone supported the sponsor by packing the place out. Also hanging out with John, Julie, Jman and Rob was awesome you guys rock I had such a great time with the ladies on my card Julie, Christine, Jennifer, and Nancy. I also would like to thank Steve my husband who caddied for me on Sunday, and hung out with the dogs while I played. The only thing I can see that would make it a little better for us girls especially is a porta potty somewhere back behind those long field holes. That was a long way to go between potty breaks. I definatly plan on putting this tournament on my calandar for next year.

Cindy
                        Last edited by LegoRules; March 24th, 2009, 06:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
                        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by maccallum View Post
                          Room #'s and names are being provided for me. I just have to figure out how to best handle the situation. Some kind of public humiliation does sound tempting. I heard of bragging by said individuals after the final 9 to others about how much they were smelling up the hallway, stuffing towels everywhere to keep the smell in, etc etc. Obviously no remorse on their end so they wouldn't mind everyone knowing they were responsible for costing us a sponsor.
                          Maybe those responsible for causing this event to loose a valuable sponsor should not be allowed to participate in future events.

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Cindy, Thanks again to your caddy/husband for the help out after the rounds on Sat! Above and beyond the call of duty!!!

Doug/Spencer

Comment

WoooHoooo, Cindy!!!

Comment

pictures are up on the fort walla walla disc golf club page

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X