X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle league!!!!!

I am thinking about running a sanctioned league this summer and I want to get an idea of how much interest is out there.

The league would be at two courses (prob seatac and lakewood) and be eight weeks long. Wednesday nights have worked well for me with other leagues with a start time about 530pm.

There will be four or six teams, each with a captain who will draft a team out of a pool of players after sign up has been completed. The draft works just like a fantasy football draft. Players each week will be matched up against players who were drafted in the same round and they will be competing in stroke play or match play or possibly even doubles.

Entry fee around $25 dollars and will include a trophy for the winning team and cash ctps throughout the season.

I would like to get this started by mid july. Whos in?

Welcome to the forum Dan.. Sounds fun. I'd play.
    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
    PDGA # 42821
    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolly View Post
      Welcome to the forum Dan.. Sounds fun. I'd play.
      I forgot to mention this will be pdga sanctioned so we will earn ratings for these rounds.

So far there are more sponsors lined up for this league then there are people posting replies about being interested.

The format will be by division because thats how the pdga is running it. Feel free to post any questions or concerns or just email me through the forum.

Comment

any chance you will ever run some of the league up north more like Terrace Creek?
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I'd be interested, but I'm loyal to Juel doubles & my 400 yard commute Wednesday nights.
          Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
            any chance you will ever run some of the league up north more like Terrace Creek?
            I was thinking lakewood and seatac b/c of how close together they are and how different the courses are.

If this league is successful, i would happily run a terrace creek series.

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
              I'd be interested, but I'm loyal to Juel doubles & my 400 yard commute Wednesday nights.
              its hard to compete with a 400 yard commute but there is probably nothing worse for your singles game than playing doubles.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X