• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warshington State Series on the RewindB

Check out interviews on the B.
    www.rewindb.com

DRO and LCO

6/1 DRO Downriver Spokane, Cook, Milstead Bellefeville and somone you should know Jack
    6/2 LCO Four Mounds DGR Spokane, Feldberg, Holcum, Big Dog and $485 ace pot winner

What?

DG coverage for your Va J J

CMC
    www.rewindb.com
    www.rewindb.com

DG for the VAG JJ

Um.. Hokom..

CMC,
    Hey man, I've listened to the program and think you have a great idea and platform for it.. However, If I may give you some constructive feedback:

1. Do you homework. Thru the interview process I found nothing too insightful or worthwhile about your subjects.. Find out about things specific to ask or gather their thoughts on. Go somewhere into their mind or game that reveals some insight into their life/game.

2. Have a set of 3 to 5 questions that you ask all the subjects. "How did you get started playing disc golf".. "What is your most memorable experience".. "Favorite disc".."What do you do in the offseason" etc...

3. Connect your subject with your audience. Use these questions (and their responses) to help the average golfer relate. Ex: "TIPS FROM PROS" etc...

My advice would be to watch or listen to several professional athlete interviews and get an idea of how you'd like to structure your interview. It will help with flow better.

I hope it helps. Like I said I think you have something really great and a platform to put it out on too so, already you are ahead of the curve. Thanks for doing what you do!

See you on the course sometime.
    "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
    PDGA # 42821
    Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Thanks Rolly for your comments and suggestions A pod cast differs from an interview Normally interviewers have a chance to develop questions ahead of time.

With the DRO pod I had three-five standard questions Rating? How long been playing? go to discs? It is also harder to ask the Q's after the event. The LCO flowed more because I was there right after the round. I think the key to a successful pod is listing to the interviewee and drawing on that for my Q's. It's also a fine line between asking a legit Q and a leading one.

Like Sarah's interview she throws an impressive forehand I needed to ask her how she developed it? Like did she play softball?

Big Dog I knew almost exactly what Mike would say and was glad he did and the Ralphie reminiscing was priceless
      rewindb.com

Comment

Got to admit I made that post before I got to listen to the LCO interview. It was much better and insightful.. I really did enjoy the Big Dawg interview. He is a true pro..
        PDGA # 42821

Comment

Originally posted by Rolly View Post

My advice would be to watch or listen to several professional athlete interviews and get an idea of how you'd like to structure your interview.
          I hate the majority of professional athlete interviews..."How did it feel when you made that game winning shot?" etc. It can be very difficult for a pro to describe how he/she is great...I say go the other way...what is your favorite prep food before a tournament or what do you eat on the breaks? What music do you listen to on the way to the course? etc...i like knowing random shit.

just sayin. thought the podcasts were great, good work. look forward to more.
          "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Big Thanks to CMC and rewindb.

The spelling is my fault.

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
            ...I say go the other way...what is your favorite prep food before a tournament or what do you eat on the breaks? What music do you listen to on the way to the course? etc...i like knowing random shit.

just sayin. thought the podcasts were great, good work. look forward to more.
            These are good ideas too. Keep em coming.
            Asking Dave what he throws seemed trite, but asking him how he trains in the off season would have been more interesting. Codependency Q's are always fun. I do have to say I did edit them for "DG content only" maybe I should leave more of the personal stuff. The "can being opened" is priceless
            Last edited by LJ Jubner; June 4th, 2012, 07:12 AM. Reason: still more spelling
            rewindb.com

Comment

Thanks to Jub for doing this and getting some more content on the B.
              www.rewindb.com

Comment

Bacon and Eggs

I hate the majority of professional athlete interviews..."How did it feel when you made that game winning shot?" etc. It can be very difficult for a pro to describe how he/she is great...I say go the other way...what is your favorite prep food before a tournament or what do you eat on the breaks? What music do you listen to on the way to the course? etc...i like knowing random shit.
                The idea is to have direction of where the interview is going, and to showcase the athlete and sport. My point was to cut out all the random stuff. Personally, I could care less what they eat or listen to. My guess is that a touring pro would rather talk about that winning shot than talk about what drive thru they went to. They are touring disc golfers after all, they live to play. My interest lies in the sport. This is about DG, if I wanted personal stuff I'll go read a People magazine.

The point of a grass roots approach is to connect the elite with the new players and watch it grow, if we treat them like some kind of celebrity we are going against that whole philosophy.

I may seem a bit harsh and cold, but I really believe that if we are to ever get taken more seriously by the mainstream we should start by being tough critics on ourselves. If I have to be that guy who is an ass, so be it.

Jubola and I know each other personally well enough that I know he sees where I am coming from. So to CMC, I apologize if I am a bit stiff. Just want to see the great thing you have go extraordinary. What's the saying? Steel sharpens steel?
                Last edited by Rolly; June 4th, 2012, 11:35 AM. Reason: Addendum
                PDGA # 42821

Comment

JBU

The spelling is my fault.
                  Of course it was. That's okay I still like you anyway Jubernaut.
                  PDGA # 42821

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Here at Rewindb we strive for customer satisfaction. This is very new and we will make adjustments. Check out the CMC interviews thru the DG World Scenario for more pro encounters..

http://rewindb.com/category/dg-world-scenario/

CMC
                    www.rewindb.com

Comment

Of course it was. That's okay I still like you anyway Jubernaut.
                      Someone likes Jub?
                      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                        Someone likes Jub?
                        Sorry, I "Like" Jub.
                        PDGA # 42821

Comment

Ski2man,

Hey man, I feel your passion and I hear where you stand. But what I also hear is purely emotional based.

Why wouldn't you want to see disc golf in mainstream society? You stated yourself you spend lot of time just watching it. Wouldn't it be fair to see those hard working professionals get some airtime?

I've seen you use the word hate a few times, do me a favor change that "hate" and replace it with something more constructive. You're better than that.

I wish I could say I took something away from the post, better luck next time partner.
                          PDGA # 42821

Comment

Ski2man,

Hey man, I feel your passion and I hear where you stand. But what I also hear is purely emotional based.

Why wouldn't you want to see disc golf in mainstream society? You stated yourself you spend lot of time just watching it. Wouldn't it be fair to see those hard working professionals get some airtime?

I've seen you use the word hate a few times, do me a favor change that "hate" and replace it with something more constructive. You're better than that.

I wish I could say I took something away from the post, better luck next time partner.
                            You are right, you got me. I usually post kind of lame things...plus, it was tequila induced. I didn't really post it for anyone to take anything away I think, I just needed to give my two cents. There is passion there and hate is a passionate word. However, you are right...there are better ways to say it. oh well, I will try harder. thanks for the constructive criticism, you went about it in a positive way. have a good one.
                            "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

You are right, you got me. I usually post kind of lame things...plus, it was tequila induced. I didn't really post it for anyone to take anything away I think, I just needed to give my two cents. There is passion there and hate is a passionate word. However, you are right...there are better ways to say it. oh well, I will try harder. thanks for the constructive criticism, you went about it in a positive way. have a good one.
                              You got it brother. You too..Keep on huckin!
                              PDGA # 42821

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X