Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checks and Balances

Originally posted by Rolly View Post
    Just curious,... If no fees were received from the TD, which I am assuming were included in the entry?
    Yes they were deducted.

... then he is stealing from the series, and basically the players too.
    This remains to be seen.

... we as players are not getting credit towards the WSS. Am I way off base?
    We do have the results from all events including Riverside We are all just waiting for the TD to remit the fees.
    rewindb.com

Comment

Just curious,
      I played in the Riverside event. So let me get this right... If no fees were received from the TD, which I am assuming were included in the entry, then he is stealing from the series, and basically the players too. Along with that we as players are not getting credit towards the WSS. Am I way off base?
      Players that want to see where they stand in the Riverside event should call and ask the TD why the Series hasn't received the Players fees yet. Or if he knows when the series will receive those fees.

The Series Coordinator doesn't have any police powers here and there isn't even a written agreement. All Jub has is the TD's word that he will pay those fees within 2 weeks after the event. You know, the Honor System.
      Last edited by Wobbly Bob; July 5th, 2012, 08:06 AM.
      Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
        Players that want to see where they stand in the Riverside event should call and ask the TD why the Series hasn't received the Players fees yet. Or if he knows when the series will receive those fees.

The Series Coordinator doesn't have any police powers here and there isn't even a written agreement. All Jub has is the TD's word that he will pay those fees within 2 weeks after the event. You know, the Honor System.
        It should not be the players responsibility to enforce the WSS policy. Unfortunately it sounds as if the "Core Committee" have their hands tied. Perhaps you are right Bob, the added pressure of the players could help. I will do what I can.

If there isn't anything as simple as a written agreement then this could potentially happen again without any consequence. That doesn't seem like protecting players or the WSS.

It has been 3 months since the date of the event. If this TD is still delinquent than I would assume they're is unwillingly to pay at this point. I would have a hard time accepting that it slipped their memory. Furthermore, if said TD doesn't pay, ever, then what happens to the points for the Riverside event? I assume they will not get counted towards the overall WSS points, based on what I read here.

Let me explain that I am not trying to beat up on the WSS or Jub, just clarifying what will happen and what has occurred. It is for my knowledge only to make future decisions with this TD. I appreciate the work that has been done, and hope that we can learn from this.
        "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
        PDGA # 42821
        Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

There is no simple or single answer. As a group we are trying to protect everyone including our TD's.

By no means have we given up on the points and the players are our best leverage.
          rewindb.com

Comment

As the Inland Northwest Series Coordinator, I had this same thing happen in 2011. I didn't post the points until after the final regular series event was played in September. Players then could look at their points and count their qualifiers and decide if they wanted to play in the Finals in October. I paid the players the full amount that should have been taken in from players fees at the Finals because I believed that the late paying TD would come through with his payment. The TD that was in arrears with his Series fees paid them in March, 2012. Positive thinking and a lot of positive phone calls was what it took.

Has anyone called the Riverside TD yet?

That might be all it would take.
            Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

How would one even got about getting that information? It is not readily available. If provided I would. Once again, I'm not sure this an an issue that the players should directly be handling.
              "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
              PDGA # 42821
              Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

The 2nd Annual Tale of Two Rivers 2day PDGA B Tier

“To the Core” Washington Sate Series 2012 Event

August 4th & 5th 2012 @ Sumner’s Riverside Disc Golf Course & Auburn’s White River Disc Golf Course.

Get ready for a fun and challenging weekend of disc golf in the south sound. Good Players Pack, raffle, CTP’s…. and maybe some skills challenge’s at White River Sunday afternoon.

Tee Sign Sponsorship Opportunities start at $20. Tee Sign sponsorship with Inncolor Star Cobra $30. Donations at any level are always encouraged. Disc Golf is small and self-supporting community and donations help improve the payout and the overall quality of the tournament experience. A huge thank you to all of those who continue help support area events. If you haven’t considered sponsorship in the past I would encourage you to thinking about this time.

Tourney Formant:

Riverside Saturday/Sunday Morning
                All Pro divisions, Advanced Men/Women, Advanced Masters Men

Saturday Morning Players Check in at 8:30
                Players Meeting at 9:15
                1st Round Tee time 9:45

Lunch Break to follow 1st Round, 2nd round tee @ White River at 1.30. Brief Players Meeting at 1:15pm.

Sunday Morning Players Meeting 9:00
                3rd Round Tee time @ 9:30am

Awards to follow 3rd Round at White River

White River Saturday/Sunday Morning
                All Intermediate Divisions, Advanced Masters Women, Advanced Grandmasters Men/Women, Juniors

Saturday Morning Players Check in at 8:30
                Players Meeting at 9:15
                1st Round Tee time 9:45

Lunch Break to follow 1st Round, 2nd Round tee @ Riverside at 1:30. Brief Players Meeting at 1:15.

Sunday Morning Players Meeting 9:00
                3rd Round Tee time 9:30

Awards to follow 3rd round at White River

Comment

I was told the funds were already paid. Jub and Dave need to talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Big dawg 99 View Post
                    Yes, the Riverside fees have been paid. Expect a points and qualifiers update in the next couple of days.
                    rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big dawg 99 View Post
                      dave paid them on the 9th of july to me and i sent a check to kenny b
                      We all should take better care in our courses

Comment

Standings are updated. Here are the current points including the Riverside event.

Comment

That's because there only using top three tournaments

Comment

Damn gonna have to play more then!!!!

Comment

Here is a link to the first half for player participation
                              http://washingtonstateseries.drupalgardens.com/node
                              rewindb.com

Comment

Easy to use updates

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                                Here is a link to the first half for player participation
                                http://washingtonstateseries.drupalgardens.com/node
                                and an easier to use list of qualifiers
                                rewindb.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X