Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Now Andrew ~ what weight do you throw on that Champion Zephyr? ~ and the other Super Class discs you throw?

Comment

Mine isn't a Blizzard disc so its at 196 grams I think. I really only use it for flick sidearm approach shots because it is actually TOO stable and heavy to fly very far (imagine that!!!).

The awesome thing about superclass discs is that you really only need one - on a lot of my little road trips to play new courses, I just bring along a Hero 235 and score pretty well (for me anyway). It also really helps me enjoy the layout of new courses because throwing slower discs takes more planning to navigate fairway obstructions so you begin to recognize and appreciate course structures that you might not otherwise!

For the event, I'll have a Te Moko, Hero 235, Champion Zephyr, and another dx Zephyr for rolling. All of my discs are somewhere between 180-200 grams as these are the weights that they are mainly produced in although I have a lightweight dx Zephyr (140g I think) that really kicks in a tailwind
      'Weekend 4 Women':
      Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
      Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Thanks Andrew ~

Comment

The Sudoku Showdown II went off without a hitch. Read all about it here.

2nd installment of the Weekend 4 Women: SUPERCLASS!!

A few things to consider:
          1. Sign up starts at 9 AM at the pavilion near the Chainbanger'z concession stand.
          2. Player's meeting at 9:45. Start time at 10 AM
          3. We are NOT playing holes 9 and 10 (water holes). Instead, we will have 2 SURPRISE holes!
          4. We have a limited number of superclass discs for sale tomorrow, and Chainbangerz Lakewood has a few... so come early if you want one

Comment

Thanks Sheila and Andrew for putting on another awesome tournament. I can't wait to hear what the total money raised for Planned Parenthood came out to be.

Now I'm sad though because I have to wait another year for the Superclassic to return.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

A great day for superclass! The weather held out perfectly, and we even had some beautiful sunshine in the afternoon.

We'll have the results posted up soon, but for now, here's the pic of the 2x Seattle SuperClassic Champion, Kyle Crabtree

Comment

Just posted scores: http://www.pdga.com/tournament_resul...s%3D1231163575

And we can add $62 more to the Planned Parenthood donation for a Weekend for Women total of $371 - thanks everyone, couldn't have done this without all of you!!!

SuperClass course par at 59 first round and 61 second round. Looking at the scorecards, we had a birdie through bogey on every hole and only one eagle - Crabtree parked hole 13 with a sweeeeet Zephyr shot and then canned the putt
                Last edited by cefire; July 1st, 2012, 07:02 PM.
                'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

That big check is BAdass! It makes me want to give one out for everyone who wins scrip at Aquafest....except Chris Gilberts and Todd Bates....they get participant trophies....

Great job Sheila and Andrew and the Chainbangerz crew. You guys rock putting together these fund raising tournaments. Wish I could have played this weekend but couldn't make either. And Prosser getting the Suduko puzzle in two hours? He takes the "Rainman" titel from Spider Dan!
                  Last edited by LakeStevensBA; July 1st, 2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SheilaT View Post
                    A great day for superclass! The weather held out perfectly, and we even had some beautiful sunshine in the afternoon.

We'll have the results posted up soon, but for now, here's the pic of the 2x Seattle SuperClassic Champion, Kyle Crabtree

Whats the story on the Big Check Kyle is holding and the dollar amount on it?

Comment

I'm guessing it was the amount raised to be donated? I wasn't there but, GOOD JOB AND THANK YOU ANDREW AND SHEILA.
                      "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                      PDGA # 42821
                      Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Crabtree was taking photos for the Battle in Seattle win so we rewrote the check for a little laugh - subtract about $1357 from that check and you've got the real amount he won
                        Last edited by cefire; July 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM.
                        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X