Sudoku Showdown II: The Blizzard Battle! *FREE* PDGA C-Tier - Saturday, June 30 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is all you need to do!

I'll also have a notebook so that anyone can write down their planned act of service on the day of
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Cool! Can't wait. Will people be divided up into groups or do you just start throwing after you sign up? Anyone willing to talk about the discs they're bringing? I was drinking beer last night when I made the comment of just bringing two discs. Now that I think about it more I'm wondering what else I should throw in my bag. I'm going to have to buy some new plastic for this. Will there be any for sale at tourney to help with donations?

Comment

It is an official PDGA event so we will be having a player's meeting and shotgun tee off like 'heavy disc' events (with 4 per card, etc). We'll all be playing in one big division because there won't be any payouts based on final scores (unless someone has a strange reason to play in another division).

IMO - One of the fun parts of this event is setting up a whole new bag and solving new problems with lighter discs! Last year, I was throwing a Champ Teebird, Star Teebird, CE Firebird, Japan Open XCaliber, Champ Glo Leopard, and approaching/upsidedown putting with a dx Zephyr

Lots of people had some really cool plastic to show off at the tourney last year

We ordered some Sudoku stamped Blizzard Boss's and Wraiths and we will have them on hand at the tourney (if not sooner!). I'll post as soon as they arrive with some pictures. I'm sure Keith will have some stuff on hand too!
        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

I like throwing light weight "Baby Wraiths" in DX plastic. Beat up ones are good for turn overs, twists, & turns necessary at SeaTac. Newer ones work good for me for distance on more predictable shots. I have a Blizzard Wraith I'm waiting to try at SeaTac.

I am certain a scale will be there too so you can check & get approved any questionable discs. I found out a 159 Classic ROC I like was indeed a 159. I used this to putt with, I like putting with ROCs (sometimes).

Bring as many or as few "one fidies" as you like.

Comment

I've been experimenting with a lot of 150 class stuff in preparation. I'll have some extra discs (150 class flat-top rocs, vps, soles, and ridges) if anyone wants to pick up a roc or a putter last minute. These are the discs that I didn't find particularly useful as they are very affected by the wind.

Comment

Just got the Blizzard Wraiths and Bosses in the mail today and they look sweeeeet - tons of cool colors and of course a devious Sudoku Puzzle stamp
              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                and of course a devious Sudoku Puzzle stamp
                BRING IT!!!
                WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

How much? I want one.

Comment

Hey Cinque,

He'll most likely list the prices and post pics soon so you know what to expect. My guess though would be between $15-20.
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

mmmm...tasty fresh plastic....

Yup, here is a little sample

$15

If you are out of state, I'd be happy to ship one out to you for an additional $3. If you are local and want one before the tourney, just PM me and we can meet up!

'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

P.S. - We're going to have another puzzle available for the "Showdown" that we'll hand out on the day of the tourney, first solver gets a prize TBD! Soooo don't worry that the discs are already headed out to some folks
                        'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                          If you are out of state, I'd be happy to ship one out to you for an additional $3. If you are local and want one before the tourney, just PM me and we can meet up!
                          cefire,
                          Are you bringing any to the FSO this weekend? I'll be there with cash!

Comment

Awesome Looking Discs! Just got the OKAY Honey from the Wifey-Poo, so I will be making it to this event!!!! WAY STOKED! It will be my 1st Sanctioned Tourney and only my 3rd Tourney at all. I am REALLY looking forward to it.
                            Is there anyway to Pre-Register, or is there a chance of it filling up??? I REALLY do not want to miss this one....

Comment

Sorry, not at FSO this weekend, but I'll be dropping some off at Chainbangerz for people to pick up before the event and will post when the shop has them

No pre-reg but I highly doubt this will fill so no worries, just be there by 8:30-9:00 and we'll get you all set up!
                              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Cefire!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X