Sudoku Showdown II: The Blizzard Battle! *FREE* PDGA C-Tier - Saturday, June 30 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudoku Showdown II: The Blizzard Battle! *FREE* PDGA C-Tier - Saturday, June 30

"I always wondered why somebody wasn't doing something about that...then I realized that I was somebody"
    ~ Lily Tomlin

Sheila and I are happy to announce that both the Sudoku Showdown and the Seattle SuperClassic will be returning this year!

Sudoku Showdown II:
    Battle of the Blizzards

When: Saturday, June 30th - signup 9:00-9:30 - start at 10:00am
    Where: 2 rounds at SeaTac DGC
    Rules: All discs 159.9 grams or less!
    Entry fee: $0 + personal statement to make positive contribution to our disc golf community (see below)!

Yes, the entry is entirely voluntary and both tournaments are going to be run through the PDGA's Charity Endowment Program benefiting Planned Parenthood - With this and the SuperClassic PDGA tournament at Lakewood on Sunday, we're calling it the Weekend for Women!

Here is what we are asking from YOU:
    • Write an anonymous statement of what you will contribute this coming year to the disc golf scene (ex., clean up trash, participate in work parties, rehab a course you love, etc.)
    • Contribute as much as you feel the tournament is 'worth' to you, Sheila and I will cover the rest of the donation that PDGA requires

Pre-tourney Sponsor Props:

Chris Gilberts!!!
    John Anderson!!!
    Patrick Rivers!!!
    Last edited by cefire; June 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Here is the addendum - The cost of these tournaments will be approximately $75 for sanctioning fees and $4 per player that we need to donate.

Sheila and I are now both penniless grad students so we're counting on you all to help out and are suggesting a $5 donation to planned parenthood per player - we will be reimbursing ourselves for the $75 cost that we've paid to the PDGA for sanctioning, after that, everything goes to Planned Parenthood 501c3.

You do not have to donate anything if you'd rather not, we'd still like to have you come out and play with us! Everything will be on the honor system, drop your donation and personal statement in the box and start throwin'
    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Nice work Andrew and Sheila! The doers will do!

PS.... I've got $50 towards your cause!
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Nice work Andrew and Sheila. Hope to make it out to another great tournament! Thanks for all you do for our community.
        "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
        -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Andrew,
          Can you please let me know what my entry fee will cover? Will there be a players pack with discs, t-shirts, minis, and maybe a sticker or two? Will there be trophies through at least third place in all divisions? Will I be able to cash my scrip at chainbangerz? Do I need to move up a division to avoid being called a sandbagger?

....just kidding of course. I will be there if my self congratulatory letter is accepted by the Pretzel.

Comment

^ I got your player's pack for you BA...It was made freshly for you by Pretzel! Valued at least at what you're worth. Especially since he has been eating mainly organic these days.

"What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

OH YEAH!!!

VERY FUN TOURNAMENT LAST YEAR AND I EXPECT THE SAME THIS YEAR. I LOVE THE IDEA OF 150 CLASS AT SEATAC.

WILL THERE BE ANOTHER PUZZLE FOR ME TO SOLVE FIRST AND WIN A PRIZE...............?

STILL THROWING THE SUDOKU PUZZLE STAR VULCAN FROM LAST YEAR .........ITS PRETTY NICE.

SEE YA THERE.
              WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Good Luck Andrew
                Last edited by Cajun; April 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks Cajun

Yes Dan (aka Sudoku Spider-ninja), our plan is to have a whole new puzzle this year
                  'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

What a rad idea!

*proud tear* *sniffle*

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                      "I always wondered why somebody wasn't doing something about that...then I realized that I was somebody"
                      ~ Lily Tomlin

Sheila and I are happy to announce that both the Sudoku Showdown and the Seattle SuperClassic will be returning this year!

Sudoku Showdown II:
                      Battle of the Blizzards

When: Saturday, June 30th - signup 9:00-9:30 - start at 10:00am
                      Where: 2 rounds at SeaTac DGC
                      Rules: All discs 159.9 grams or less!
                      Entry fee: $0 + personal statement to make positive contribution to our disc golf community (see below)!

Yes, the entry is entirely voluntary and both tournaments are going to be run through the PDGA's Charity Endowment Program benefiting Planned Parenthood - With this and the SuperClassic PDGA tournament at Lakewood on Sunday, we're calling it the Weekend for Women!

Here is what we are asking from YOU:
                      • Write an anonymous statement of what you will contribute this coming year to the disc golf scene (ex., clean up trash, participate in work parties, rehab a course you love, etc.)
                      • Contribute as much as you feel the tournament is 'worth' to you, Sheila and I will cover the rest of the donation that PDGA requires
                      Gotta be the first FREE PDGA event I ever heard of: WAY TO GO!
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        Gotta be the first FREE PDGA event I ever heard of: WAY TO GO!
                        ill be there all the way form boise idaho to support

Comment

Wowsa, we'll be excited to have ya' there
                          'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Well, my family is in Bozeman and I'm in Spokane. No ride there but I'd love to figure out how to get there and play. Does it count if I already donate to Planned Parenthood and Donate Life? Cause I worship both those organizations.
                            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'm hoping to play this. I may just show up with one blizzard driver and 150 class aviar. Is that all I need to do? Just show up with my anon letter and donation?
                              Last edited by Cinque; June 12th, 2012, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X