Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Flights Presents: Help Send WA State Rep to Worlds!

We are putting the FUN in FUNdraiser! Come out to support Jessie on her second World's Disc Golf Championship adventure... and have fun too!

Saturday, May 12th
    Terrace Creek Disc Golf Course

Check in @ 9:30am
    Player's packs for everyone, courtesy of Fantasy Flights
    Trophies for 7 divisions winners: Open, Masters, Women, Advanced, Intermediate, Rec, Juniors

CTP Prizes! Raffle! Field Games!

$25 per player, including choice of sack lunch or baked potato bar.
    Call 360.809.0342 for questions and preregistration

looking good folks!

IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THIS LIST PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY!! all spots will be held until 9:30 and then we will start giving them away if there are others eager to play. I have every reason to believe we are goning to fill this thing! send me a quick message if your division is listed incorrectly, thanks!

Open
    1 Aaron Holley
    2 Bill Clark
    3 Kenny Clark
    4 Lou Tran
    5 Nathan McConnell
    6 Peter Land
    7 Ryan Guiher
    8 Tom "Ace" Stephens

Masters
    9 Dan Lily
    10 Erik Mesford
    11 Gordy Kirkpatrick
    12 Lowell Sheilds
    13 Mark "Kilmark" Kilmer
    14 Mike Wagner
    15 Terrace Creek Todd

Womens
    16 Dana Orlando
    17 Jessie Westphal
    18 Katie Schnieder
    19 Kim Scott
    20 Sam Campbell

Advanced
    21 Aaron Thorfinson
    22 Ace Berg
    23 Adam McKay
    24 Anton (Terrace Creek)
    25 Cali Bob
    26 Dana Etienne
    27 Doug Whitney
    28 Evan Troka
    29 Ian "Ace Run" Markussen
    30 Jeremy Freeling
    31 Jeremy Pritchett
    32 John Fox
    33 Justin Garcia
    34 Kyle "Killa" Sutherland
    35 Kyle Baker
    36 Mark "Yarmark" Yarmek
    37 Nate Bell
    38 Nick Schuler
    39 Ron (Terrace Creek)
    40 Ryan "Riviter" Bartell
    41 Tim Bayliss
    42 Toby Cheff
    43 Tony Walker
    44 Tristan Rolly Hundley

Intermediate
    45 Adam Pennik
    46 Art (Terrace Creek)
    47 Ben Carol
    48 Brett Big Beard
    49 Bubba Monger
    50 Chris Schongalla
    51 Cody Carpenter
    52 Colin Pavlak
    53 Condor Nixon
    54 Connor Loes
    55 Dave Mowery
    56 Fairway McBuckets
    57 Gene McConnell
    58 Kermit Applegate
    59 Mark Burgess
    60 Matt Bubar
    61 Megan Pennik
    62 Ryan Klock

Rec
    63 Brandon Hideaway
    64 Paul Bell
    65 Travis Hella
    66 Troy Bell

Division Unkown
    67 Armon Irons
    68 Cory Erickson

Check us out on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/events/250601758369958/?ref=ts

Comment

Could this event be made part of the Women's Global Event? I mean, it IS a fundraiser to send a girl to Worlds! Could the women's scores be rated, and ranked against the round ratings of other women the world over, also playing in WGE events on the same day?
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
        Could this event be made part of the Women's Global Event? I mean, it IS a fundraiser to send a girl to Worlds! Could the women's scores be rated, and ranked against the round ratings of other women the world over, also playing in WGE events on the same day?
        They could if they sanctioned it to take part in the WGE. The sanctioning fee for registering a Women's Global Event is $25, and then it is $15 for ams to register $20 for pros to register. Every women who registers for the WGE will revieve 1 Discraft disc & 1 Innova discs.

Of course then at least the women who were registered to take part in the WGE would be bound by all PDGA rules. Also if there were not enough women who are current PDGA members and are rated over 800 then you can have guys who are current and rated over 800 play the same course just for score, and I assume then they would also be bound by all PDGA rules.

Cindy
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
          They could if they sanctioned it to take part in the WGE. The sanctioning fee for registering a Women's Global Event is $25, and then it is $15 for ams to register $20 for pros to register. Every women who registers for the WGE will revieve 1 Discraft disc & 1 Innova discs.

Of course then at least the women who were registered to take part in the WGE would be bound by all PDGA rules. Also if there were not enough women who are current PDGA members and are rated over 800 then you can have guys who are current and rated over 800 play the same course just for score, and I assume then they would also be bound by all PDGA rules.

Cindy
          I do have a tinge of guilt about not taking part in this awesome WGE revolution, but unfortunately schedule conflicts happen a lot in this game and Iím just going to have to be a big girl about it and get over it. HOWEVER, Iím totally in support of the cause and have been encouraging all the women I know who play for ratings to play in their local WGE.

I hadnít considered making my event a WGE since there are 5 women total, Kim and Sam arenít current members, Katie just joined the PDGA and doesnít have a rating yet, and Dana is not a PDGA member. Since Iím the only current member over 800 rated I just didnít think it made any sense. But if Iím missing something please let me know!

Thanks for all your input, I really do appreciate it!

Comment

Thank you and you and you and you!!

I've been getting a ton of support from everyone and I'm feeling really grateful right now. I'll be having a COMLETE list of thank youís to deliver at the tourney itself. But just a few names right now of who have been keeping me all amped up for this thing:

FANTASY FLIGHTS! Helping out with players packs, connecting us with city officials, and being our golf mentor from day 1. I canít say enough about Lowell Shields!

IRIE MOBILE PLASTIC! Dave Mowery and Ryan Guiher are doing a lot this year to support the local golfers live their dream, help support them too!

GENE and NATHAN MCCONNELL, AARON HOLLEY, MARK KILMER, DAN LILY, MIKE RIDEOUT, JASON GATSON (Born2bfly)!!

Success is propelled by surrounding yourself with greatness! Thank you to all my friends and family, this is only made possible by all the generosity of those around me.

Comment

on
              Originally posted by jWest View Post
              I do have a tinge of guilt about not taking part in this awesome WGE revolution, but unfortunately schedule conflicts happen a lot in this game and Iím just going to have to be a big girl about it and get over it. HOWEVER, Iím totally in support of the cause and have been encouraging all the women I know who play for ratings to play in their local WGE.

I hadnít considered making my event a WGE since there are 5 women total, mKim and Sam arenít current members, Katie just joined the PDGA and doesnít have a rating yet, and Dana is not a PDGA member. Since Iím the only current member over 800 rated I just didnít think it made any sense. But if Iím missing something please let me know!

Thanks for all your input, I really do appreciate it!

Actually you only need one lady to take part in the WGE. There are lots of events that have only 5 or 6 ladies taking part. The ladies do not need to be PDGA members, and the PDGA I waiving the non member fee for this event.

The only requirement is that all the ladies at your event play two rounds of 18 on the same course and layout for both rounds. Also you need 5 propagators (players who are current PDGA members and have a rating over 800) if you not have enough ladies who meet that requirement you can have guys who do play the same courses and layouts for scores.

If it is something you would be interested in doing Jessie lmk, and I would be happy to help.

No worries either way we know you guys up there are with us in spirit, and we are with you
              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
              Stumptown #176
              PDGA #37716

Comment

That is so cool! I love how hard the Women's Committee worked to make this happen. What a nightmare it must have been to start organizing it but now look at it, truly impressive!

I knew there was one stipulation holding us back because I looked over everything when we first started planning to see if it would jive but I couldn't remember what the hold up was. With your helpful information I have been reminded(SPOILER ALERT!), we have a couple sneaky things planned for basket placements that will change between rounds. With the mud factor at an all time high right now at The Creek we are forced to get a little creative. Should be fun but... it won't be The Creek as we all know and love it.

It's no consilation , but i WILL be making it to my first ever chick flick this year and I'm super stoked on it. You ladies have been representing womens dg since before it was the thing to do, I'm happy to finally be able to join yall! and of course I'll be seein you at BSF, much love lady!

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                on

Actually you only need one lady to take part in the WGE. There are lots of events that have only 5 or 6 ladies taking part. The ladies do not need to be PDGA members, and the PDGA I waiving the non member fee for this event.

The only requirement is that all the ladies at your event play two rounds of 18 on the same course and layout for both rounds. Also you need 5 propagators (players who are current PDGA members and have a rating over 800) if you not have enough ladies who meet that requirement you can have guys who do play the same courses and layouts for scores.

If it is something you would be interested in doing Jessie lmk, and I would be happy to help.

No worries either way we know you guys up there are with us in spirit, and we are with you

Comment

Next time maybe better support the chicks that are supporting you. I didn't appreciate watching the girls have fun with you playing in your own tourney on the first round while I was stuck with three dudes I have never met or played with. Bad form. It was supposed to be a FUN-draiser. From now on I will support REAL fundraisers for real charities.

I don't play competitively, only fundraiser tourneys, not trying to go pro, or be better than the next guy. I do LOVE this sport, and enjoy supporting my fellow golfers. I don't like feeling like the "extra" or left out anymore than the next gal.
                  Last edited by p-nit; May 13th, 2012, 08:47 AM. Reason: Added to comment
                  ďThey deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. Ē
                  ― Khalil Gibran

If people were more like Rocs, the world would be a more stable place to live.

Comment

Fantasy Flights Fundraiser 5/12/12
                    Par 114

Rec
                    1. Paul Bell 129
                    2. Eric (north park) 132
                    3. Brandon (Hideaway) 140
                    4. Travis Hella 141
                    5. Bill 154

Intermediate
                    1. Cory Erickson 113
                    2. Connor Loes 113
                    3. Nick Schuler 114
                    4. Anton w/freshly broken foot and torn ligaments 116
                    5. Matt Bubar 118
                    6. Chris “Condor” Nixon 121
                    7. Cody Carpenter 122
                    8. Ron (terrace creek) 123
                    9. TJ Murray 125
                    10. Terrance Wallace 126
                    11. Art 127
                    12. Banger 128
                    13. Armon Irons 130
                    14. Travis Thomas 132
                    15. Ryan Klock 135
                    16. Bubba Monger 137
                    17. Derek W 141
                    18. Kermit Applegate 142
                    19. Bryan Chance 152
                    20. Megan Penic DNF

Advanced
                    1. John Fox 111
                    2. Adam McKay 112
                    3. Kyle Baker 115
                    4. Ian Markussen 116
                    5. Nick Wood 116
                    6. Evan Troka 119
                    7. Colin Morris 119
                    8. Kyle Eldride 119
                    9. Thor 121
                    10. Levi Rosetwist 123
                    11. Ryan Bartell 124
                    12. Gar Bear 125
                    13. Ryan Klaussen 125
                    14. Aaron Jellum 128
                    15. Tim Bayliss 133
                    16. Chris Schongalla 135
                    17. Kyle Killa Sutherland DNF

Advanced Masters
                    1. Cali Bob 108
                    2. Andy Foster 120
                    3. Jeremy Pritchett 123
                    4. Mark Burgess 123
                    5. Ron Wiener 128
                    6. Brett Foster 134
                    7. Dan Huckins DNF
                    8. Terry Short DNF

Masters
                    1. Terrace Creek Todd 112
                    2. Lowell Shields 112
                    3. Mark Kilmer 114
                    4. Eric Mesford 126
                    5. Gene McConnoll 129

Womens
                    1. Kim Scott 138
                    2. Sam Campbell 153
                    3. Katie Schnieder 167
                    4. Dana Orlando 171
                    5. Alisa Kilmer DNF

Open
                    1. Lou Tran 102
                    (sorry to the other pros, I’ve temporarily misplaced your score sheet but it has to be around here somewhere)

Comment

I wish her the best in NC.
                      Last edited by p-nit; May 14th, 2012, 11:05 AM.
                      ďThey deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. Ē
                      ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

Wow. Nobody forced you to play at all..
                        Perhaps the decent thing to have done was approach Jessie herself instead of a ugly public display or perhaps DNF and gone home. Seems that you are stooping to the level you are complaining about. One could make the argument that the "FUN" part is on you, not the TD or the event, or the field. I find it comical and amusing that you are seemly blindly supporting something then complaining about it.
                        I understand everybody has their opinion and the right to express it, but personally attacking someone over a disc golf tourney...really? Good luck with all those other fundraisers. I hope they appreciate you better.
                        "Remember boys this ain't therapy"-Jub.
                        PDGA # 42821
                        Push-ups owed to: thebakedone 1,856.

Comment

Rolly - i'm surprised at you. Just stop it.

Comment

I didn't get an opportunity to play in the tourney, but it sure looked like you all had a work out! The course was playing real sharp and the tee signs looked nice. The mowed grass in the back was a treat. I recognized Kermit who I'd played with once and Beau from Bellingham out there. Thanks for the work everyone put into the course. I really enjoyed my evening round at TC on Saturday.

Comment

Most every fundraiser tourney out there allows you to play with your friends on a card, it is supposed to be fun. I was disappointed as Jess put herself on the womens card for the first round and bumped me to a intermediate mens card, with guys I had never met. Though there were plenty of other men out there that I have known for awhile and play rounds. No offense to the the three guys i had fun with on the first round, just would have been more comfortable with friends. The thing that pissed me off is the reason I only play fundraisers and not professional tourneys. So I don't get nervous, and can have fun. Picked up a lot of garbage, and met new golfers. At least Jess got her $25 towards her trip, I guess that is what was really important. And glad to help out
                              ― Khalil Gibran

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X