Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to know. I asked because one, I have never been a TD and am unclear how it works and two, trying to see if anyone I know is going and wants to carpool. Thanks for the heads up.

btw, I have yet to play the course and am wondering how bad the discs get chewed up on this course?
    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Kinda disappointing certain individuals will be playing the same 13 holes 4 times in a row. Especially when it includes the third largest division. I understand all the reasons already stated for its location, but many fellow friends and club members have expressed this concern. Just speaking for those that haven't been heard yet and I really want to thank you for holding another top tiered tournament this year as I had scheduling conflicts during last years LCO.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
        Good to know. I asked because one, I have never been a TD and am unclear how it works and two, trying to see if anyone I know is going and wants to carpool. Thanks for the heads up.

btw, I have yet to play the course and am wondering how bad the discs get chewed up on this course?
        Discs don't really get chewed up out there at the good old Mounds. They get lost off giant cliffs. They get stuck in very thick tree's 50 plus feet up. They disappear into giant thick swaths of grass and the such. They tend to do things that you don't want them to do. Must be that clean air.

My advice, show up a day early, play a round or two. Bring back ups. Don't be upset if you lose a disc because Gordy does have a wall of shame that your disc, if found, will be placed upon and sold back to you for 1 dollar.

With that being said, hope you can make it. The Mounds never disappoints.
        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
        Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by benihana View Post
          Kinda disappointing certain individuals will be playing the same 13 holes 4 times in a row. Especially when it includes the third largest division. I understand all the reasons already stated for its location, but many fellow friends and club members have expressed this concern.
          Bob Can't win

Last year players complained about having to be a current member to play in an A tier Now the third largest is getting dissed.
          rewindb.com

Comment

Is there anywhere on the web that has pictures of this epic place? If I go this year I WILL be putting some up on dgcr. Hole #9 on Jumanji I heard is one of the best holes ever created.

Also, is the tournament overlay for Jumanji a combination of all 3 courses? Just cape fear? Combo of porcupine and cape?
            Last edited by JR Stengele; March 29th, 2012, 03:05 PM.

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Is there anywhere on the web that has pictures of this epic place? If I go this year I WILL be putting some up on dgcr. Hole #9 on Jumanji I heard is one of the best holes ever created.

Also, is the tournament overlay for Jumanji a combination of all 3 courses? Just cape fear? Combo of porcupine and cape?
              Jumanji encompasses at least two of the courses. Can't remember if it includes anything on Porcupine. It does have one hole that is specific only to Jumanji and that hole is called Peckerwood. It's less than 200 feet and can destroy most people. The only hole I've ever played that I played a overhand roller from a knee off a tee pad.

As far as I know, there aren't any pictures that I can remember. ericedge was taking pictures last year of the Final 10 showdown and there was even one in the PDGA publication they put out. I have some pictures somewhere on a random SD card of every hole and preferred landing zones on some of the bigger holes.

Hole 9 on Jumanji is amazing. Still, for my dollar, there is no hole greater than either Cape Fear's signature hole (it puts fear in a lot of players) and Porcupine hole 14 (I think it's 14). It's the hole on Porcupine where you shoot downhill down an alley to a wide open plane with a basket next to a discarded classic truck. Pretty tough to par, let alone 2.

You won't be disappointed if you choose to come out and give it a go. Just wish you'd get to play more than Jumanji during your trip (or Porcupine 13 if you play intermediate or lower).
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

Porcupine, Cape Fear, Hawk and Jumanji

........Hey JR, First of all, the hole you speak of above is Cape Fear #9. It is really just a shot across a canyon about 550' with about a 20' elevation loss. Getting across that canyon, however, can cost you about 4 climate zone changes. Some people think it's best to go around the canyon and save a lot of vertical torture. ..This hole is not on Jumanji or the Porky "13"......For the record, all the courses are permanent courses. For the LCO, Jumanji will be the one most prominently marked. Jumanji is made up of holes from all three of the original courses; alot from Hawk and Fear and several from Porcupine. General Scales is correct that Peckerwood is the only hole exclusively Jumanji and is really the only 'gimmick' hole on the property.....The Porky "13" includes the 'truck hole' and several of the 'Final 10' holes. This '13' has all the shortest and longest holes at Four Mound (except Peckerwood; 150') I seriously doubt anyone will shot the same score twice on it. See me if you do.Gordy

Comment

Originally posted by benihana View Post
                  Kinda disappointing certain individuals will be playing the same 13 holes 4 times in a row. Especially when it includes the third largest division. I understand all the reasons already stated for its location, but many fellow friends and club members have expressed this concern. Just speaking for those that haven't been heard yet and I really want to thank you for holding another top tiered tournament this year as I had scheduling conflicts during last years LCO.
                  Don't be too disappointed about playing the Porcupine 13 twice per round. There are certain advantages that go with playing that course. You go past the bathroom, water faucets and tournament central halfway through the round.

The Porcupine 13 sounds easy and while there are some easy holes on it, you might find yourself swearing at some of the more difficult holes. Another thing about the Porky 13 is, after three rounds, you should be able to shoot a 39 on the fourth time around.

In 2009 we had 32 Int. players and 1st place won an Innova Sport. If we have 30 Int. competitors this year I have a basket for 1st place in that division.
                  Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
                    As soon as Bob starts loading names of registered players to the PDGA website. As a TD I know it sucks to load 1 name at a time when they are barely trickling in. Makes more sense to wait until you have at least 5-10 names to load to make it more worth your time. Just my 2 cents based on experience as a TD.
                    As a habit, after my first cup of coffee in the morning, I check my email and post all tournament entries sent to me by the PDGA Sign Up service.

My snail mail is delivered in the late afternoon and those entries get posted the next morning after coffee. In person payment of your entry gets you posted on the next day after coffee.

If you notice that your not posted, yet you paid online yesterday or two days ago, this means I haven't been notified by the registration service or I haven't had my coffee yet.

Comment

Funny, I didn't even notice that it was Memorial Day that Monday. Good on ya! Man I hope I can make it for this great event.
                      Any idea when it will show on the pdga site who has signed up already?
                      Some people, after talking with Gordy, stay an extra night and drive home Monday morning.

Comment

If I go this sounds like what I will do. I-90 at night is no good.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

If I go this sounds like what I will do. I-90 at night is no good.
                          Neither is I-90 traffic on Memorial Day.... Just make sure and get an early start!!
                          -

Comment

As for the disc option Bob my preference is always with TeeBirds so the Metal Flake ones sound pretty interesting as do the R-Wood Aviars. Just my opinion. I think this event will be pretty EPIC despite everyone's opinions on how things should be. Bob always does a great job running events and 4 Mound is always AWESOME! I too miss the days of 4 mound tourneys playing all 3 courses but Jumanji is pretty sweet in and of itself. I will continue to work on making this tourney happen for me and I am actually glad to see it taken away from the city courses - again just my opinion.

Comment

I vote for anything metal flake. Although a champ TL is pretty cool too. Too many sweet discs out these days.

Great options btw.
                              Last edited by JR Stengele; April 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by Simmeltron View Post
                                Neither is I-90 traffic on Memorial Day.... Just make sure and get an early start!!
                                Good call. It has been quite a few years since I had to battle that I-90 traffic from WSU.

I was hoping to play a new course in Spokane that day as well but I guess not.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X