X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
    Bob had to get his request for a Super Tour date submitted to the PDGA by Nov of last year. At that time Bob really envisioned adding Sekani into the LCO mix in place of High Bridge because the Grant project at High Bridge will be in full swing by then. Seemed reasonable at the time but Bob couldn't pull the trigger on including a course that may or may not be built by then. And still areas of High Bridge would be under construction. .......The DRO will take place toward the end of April so there's three rounds of Downriver in the books 4 weeks prior to LCO. There's alot to take into account and Bob's not getting any quicker on his feet. I let him know that if he wanted to consolidate his efforts to one venue that its all the same to me to prepare Jumanji and the Porcupine '13 'for one day of LCO or two......He's never been able to make everyone happy yet so I don't suspect it will happen this year either. ......I'll be as busy as usual prepping the Mound for 'company'. Maybe it's your year to tame 'Manji.
    That makes a lot of sense actually. It would've been uber sweet to have some tournament rounds at Sekani. But alas, there has been no progress that I have seen.

Two rounds of Jumanji means I have the utmost chance of really tanking my players rating. Last year I shot 18 over in one round there thanks to a very sore back and a lack of Excedrin to quell the pain. This year, I plan on shooting even. I think that will put me in the cash. Here's to ludicrous dreams!
    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Hey Gordy, when do you think the second round will be over (SUNDAY)? I ask for those of us who have to travel back to seattle that night.
      "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
      -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
        That makes a lot of sense actually. It would've been uber sweet to have some tournament rounds at Sekani. But alas, there has been no progress that I have seen.

Two rounds of Jumanji means I have the utmost chance of really tanking my players rating. Last year I shot 18 over in one round there thanks to a very sore back and a lack of Excedrin to quell the pain. This year, I plan on shooting even. I think that will put me in the cash. Here's to ludicrous dreams!
        Maybe a twelve pack of Excedrin in the players pack would be appropriate.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by JR Stengele View Post
          Hey Gordy, when do you think the second round will be over (SUNDAY)? I ask for those of us who have to travel back to seattle that night.
          This is just an estimate for the finish of the Final 10 on Sunday. I'd like to say 4:30 maybe 5:00. But, it all depends on how the 30 second shot rule is followed.

The Am Payout will take place while we are figuring out the cards for the Last Pro round.

Comment

Thank you sir. Just trying to figure out if I came if I would need to take the following day off of work. Sounds like an amazing time!

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
            -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Thank you sir. Just trying to figure out if I came if I would need to take the following day off of work. Sounds like an amazing time!
              Thats not even a question Stengele! Thursday through Monday baby!!!!
              A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

John your students need you. Please never take vacation again.

Four Mounds has always been my favorite course of the LCO. Playing multiple courses is fun, but I can play courses similar to Downriver and Highbridge over here in the Seattle area. However, finding a course that provides a comparable experience to "El Mounds De Quatro" is pretty tough to do especially when camping on site is provided. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to my fourth LCO in a row!
                Read this ^

Comment

Yet to play four mound but have always heard great things about it. Hopefully I can make it and if so, maybe we can carpool Dan.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                    Thats not even a question Stengele! Thursday through Monday baby!!!!

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Originally posted by prospect View Post
                      While jumanji is a great course, I don't believe 2 rounds on the same course will be nearly as challenging as playing 3 different courses. It's also 9 holes shorter, and allows players to correct their mistakes on the next round. So, what is the reasoning behind this?
                      The Highbridge project will be in progress. The more courses you play the more volunteers you need. With an "A" Tier you have to have one non playing TD per course. One of my main tournament volunteers moved to Oregon and I have no one to replace her. As much as I hate to admit it, I don't get around as easily as in past years as Lesli has pointed out (Thanks Darlin'). It seemed like it would be "easy for me" to have it all at one place this year. I am able to achieve a zen like sense of calmness and peace out at Four Mound. Others have named a few other reasons for holding the LCO out at Four Mound, Thanks to you all.

Like Gordy stated, I've never run an LCO that pleased everyone and there is no reason to expect that to change this year even though my desire is to give the golfers the best event I can.

Comment

I have worked to hold the LCO on Memorial Day weekend because a lot of people don't have to work on Monday and it allows an extra day to travel. Jumanji is a 4-5 hour trip around 4 Mound that will not only work your body out, but will also challenge every throw you have in your bag. I hope that you can get Monday off and can come compete in the LCO this year.

Comment

Online Registration is ready @

PDGA Sign Up

Just click and register!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
                            I have worked to hold the LCO on Memorial Day weekend because a lot of people don't have to work on Monday and it allows an extra day to travel. Jumanji is a 4-5 hour trip around 4 Mound that will not only work your body out, but will also challenge every throw you have in your bag. I hope that you can get Monday off and can come compete in the LCO this year.
                            Funny, I didn't even notice that it was Memorial Day that Monday. Good on ya! Man I hope I can make it for this great event.
                            Any idea when it will show on the pdga site who has signed up already?
                            Last edited by JR Stengele; March 29th, 2012, 09:15 AM.

-- Arthur Ashe

Comment

I may come out and play. This sounds like a great excuse to see family before and after the tournament.
                              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Any idea when it will show on the pdga site who has signed up already?
                                As soon as Bob starts loading names of registered players to the PDGA website. As a TD I know it sucks to load 1 name at a time when they are barely trickling in. Makes more sense to wait until you have at least 5-10 names to load to make it more worth your time. Just my 2 cents based on experience as a TD.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X