Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly....

Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
    Quite honestly with the amount of criticism TDs get I'd be surprised if it happens.
    Yep, my point exactly.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyounger View Post
      Yep, my point exactly.....
      She had her take on what happened. I know what happened. I know it sounded good but the truth shall be known.
      Relax and enjoy your hair
      TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• So it sounds to me yoduh your gripe is with the pdga. Are you this adamant on it's forum
        or are you just blowhard like here?
        rewindb.com

Comment

• This is getting so old it's becoming ANAL
          PDGA # 52916
          CRDGC
          TCDGC
          FWWDGC
          PDGC

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottW View Post
            ...I had an incident happen at one of my sanctioned events last year that made me decide to not run an event this year...keep in mind that kind words go a long ways for some but harsh words can go even further. Maybe next year I'll get back into tourney mode but it's not looking too good right now.
            Scott, this makes me sad. You are a GREAT TD. I have always enjoyed the professional manner you conduct yourself. You have such constructive and helpful input (I can't even call it criticism.)

It's a loss to not have you run more events. I hope you decide to return despite the unfortunate behavior of some people.

See you this weekend!!

Comment

• Just another story

On Thursday night before the Lco Cale and Dave arrived in Spokane. Their first contest was over the queen bed available to them. So Cale conceded the bed to Dave Thursday night and slept on the couch.... Friday night they decided they could sleep in the bed together because they're buds, ya know, tearing it up on the Non-Stop DG Tour(and, according to Dave, they're secure in their manhood). But by 2:00 in the morning Cale can't take it anymore what with Dave's snoring and night terrors, so Cale bales back to the living room to the couch.....Fair enough.....But by Sat. morning when the bagels and grapefruits are on and the Tourney is at hand Cale challenges Dave for the bed over who shoots the best round on Jumanji....Fair enough. So Dave goes out and shoots a bogey-free course record 9 under. The same round Skelly shoots a course record 10 under, busting the record by 3. And, as justice would have it, Cale, who, unlike the other two is competing in his first round at Jumanji, shoots another record buster of 11 under and Dave gets the couch. Suffice it to say Dave needed an extra blanket by morning. I think it was the extra blanket that pulled Dave through in the end, like the grapefruit did for Cale on the Sat. round.

Comment

• Great story Gordy. LMFAO... Thanks for sharing !!!
                PDGA # 52916
                CRDGC
                TCDGC
                FWWDGC
                PDGC

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                  On Thursday night before the Lco Cale and Dave arrived in Spokane. Their first contest was over the queen bed available to them. So Cale conceded the bed to Dave Thursday night and slept on the couch.... Friday night they decided they could sleep in the bed together because they're buds, ya know, tearing it up on the Non-Stop DG Tour(and, according to Dave, they're secure in their manhood). But by 2:00 in the morning Cale can't take it anymore what with Dave's snoring and night terrors, so Cale bales back to the living room to the couch.....Fair enough.....But by Sat. morning when the bagels and grapefruits are on and the Tourney is at hand Cale challenges Dave for the bed over who shoots the best round on Jumanji....Fair enough. So Dave goes out and shoots a bogey-free course record 9 under. The same round Skelly shoots a course record 10 under, busting the record by 3. And, as justice would have it, Cale, who, unlike the other two is competing in his first round at Jumanji, shoots another record buster of 11 under and Dave gets the couch. Suffice it to say Dave needed an extra blanket by morning. I think it was the extra blanket that pulled Dave through in the end, like the grapefruit did for Cale on the Sat. round.

1046, 1053, and 1059 r3sp3ctiv3ly.
                  I am not familiar with Jumanji. Was the 2012 LCO layout OG; or modified from previous layouts?

Comment

• Same old layout

The only modification from the 2011 LCO layout were the constant 30-40 gusts during the Sat. round that came from any direction on any hole for the entire round... The changes made since Brian Cook's -7 round don't seem like much(hole 6 is much harder and hole 24 is now an ace run below the cliff), but Saturday's winds make Cale's round that much more impressive.
                    Peckerwood is now two years old. Happy Birthday to You!

Comment

• Upon Further Review

The course record that Brian Cook set on Jumanji three years ago was actually broken by Kyle Crabtree with a -9 72 at the 2011 LCO. To give credit where its due, belated congratulations to you, Kyle, for that round. All of you guys are doing the course proud.

Comment

• Reading the round scores and knowing the conditions and the course really well I think the ratings were a tad low. They look about 20 points low. My best round out there had 13 birdies and 7 boges that all came after a 45 minute break from up on old 23. There are a lot of birdies out there but the winds sure alter that a lot. The course is a par 82 though. The 600 footer that finishes up hill with ob all down the left side easily averages well over a 4. No doubt that the course work that was reported also helped contribute to the better scores. Better tees and trees in the fairway being improved are a big step in making any course play more true to what it should.
                        Relax and enjoy your hair
                        TNT Yardworks.com

Comment

• Thanks Again

Thanks to Dave Cook for hauling the gravel up the Central Mound to build up the tees at Jumanji #s 7 and 8 and just being around for all the days leading up to the event to finish the hit list. During the event he spotted on the 'Porcupine' hole( that prickly diagonal uphill one with all the deep thick bushes on each side) He came back to Tourney Central looking like he just survived the next episode of Man vs. Wild............
                          ...and to Wayne Miller who made the house presentable for food service and comfort. Wayne cut and carried the 1/2" x 10' Fly Pads up those hills to top off the gravel Dave put in place and also cut and installed another 16 of the new pads.. These are not easy jobs and Wayne and his crew got it done on the fly as Friday approached and the rolls of rubber pads had just arrived in town from Ohio.........
                          ......and thanks to Joe who weed whacked until his arms fell right off. That's love you can't buy..and for running the water coolers out and taking all those pictures. I remember a dozen others who did all kinds of last minute jobs that MADE A DIFFERENCE......
                          .....and the Campers; the place was beautiful when Jaymie and I came out on Monday morning to pick up. I found one pair of women's purple Nikes and a half a bag of cheesy Kaiser rolls. That was about it; no butts, no bottle caps, no broken glass. we're ready for the next one....
                          ......And Deron van Soest who stood by Bob's side the whole time. Now there's a tough job! This one's on me

Comment

• Originally posted by Gordy #21004 View Post
                            Thanks to :
                            I get no respect I tell ya, No respect.
                            Anybody looking for a filipino house boy?
                            rewindb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                              My wife is.
                              Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

• What If?

Originally posted by LJ Jubner View Post
                                ................if anyone knew of all the things you do to make it better, better, better, better; well, there goes your reputation.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X