• 2012 Lilac City Open

2012 LILAC CITY OPEN
    May 26 & 27, 2012
    Pro "A Tier" / Am "B Tier"

The 2012 Lilac City Open is a "Washington State Series Qualifying" event,
    a "Vibram Open Qualifying" event, and a "Divisional Series Tournament"

$1800 added Pro Cash (minimum)

Format for the Lilac City Open

Pros & Adv will play 1 round on Sat. & 1 round on Sun. on the 27 hole Jumanji Course
    with all Pro divisions playing a Final 10 round on Sun.

Int, Rec & Jrs will play 2 rounds on Sat. & 2 rounds on Sun. on the Porcupine "13" Course (26 holes each day)

Group Camp @ Riverside State Campground or Primitive camp (no showers) @ 4 Mound Disc Golf Reserve

Online registration is available @ PDGA Sign Up now.

Down load the attached "Flyer/Entry Form" below for mail-in entries and more INFO.
    R Pro-Wood Aviar
    0.00%
    Champion Blizzard Boss
    0.00%
    Champion Blizzard Destroyer
    3.45%
    Champion Blizzard Katana
    13.79%
    Champion Blizzard Wraith
    6.90%
    Champion Metal Flake Leopard
    17.24%
    Champion Metal Flake Road Runner
    13.79%
    Champion Metal Flake Tee Bird
    17.24%
    Champion Glow Cobra w/ Swoosh Stamp
    17.24%
    Champion TL
    10.34%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Wobbly Bob; March 30th, 2012, 02:24 PM.
    Fly free and straight to the pin!

Is this the first year the Lilac will have all rounds at four mounds?
    Read this ^

Comment

hmmmmm...not really the Lilac CITY Open without a round in the city...disappointing to say the least
      PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by prospect View Post
        hmmmmm...not really the Lilac CITY Open without a round in the city...disappointing to say the least
        The only thing constant about life is change. Two rounds on Jumanji may be too much challenge for some.
        Fly free and straight to the pin!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
          The only thing constant about life is change. Two rounds on Jumanji may be too much challenge for some.
          The LCO is always a great event, and I'm sure this year won't be the exception. But it sure is nice to play three different courses in a tourney, especially when we only make it over once a year..
          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

While jumanji is a great course, I don't believe 2 rounds on the same course will be nearly as challenging as playing 3 different courses. It's also 9 holes shorter, and allows players to correct their mistakes on the next round. So, what is the reasoning behind this?

Originally posted by Wobbly Bob View Post
            PDGA #42116

Comment

While jumanji is a great course, I don't believe 2 rounds on the same course will be nearly as challenging as playing 3 different courses. It's also 9 holes shorter, and allows players to correct their mistakes on the next round. So, what is the reasoning behind this?
              I agree with you on this. I'd rather see some sort of layout like Intermediate, Rec, etc playing Hawk, then regular Porcupine then two rounds of the Porcupine 13 layout. While Advanced and Open play Super Porcupine first, then Fear second and finish it out with 1 round of Jumanji.

Oh well, I'll still be there throwing plastic and wishing I hadn't forgotten my Excedrin (like last year).
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

So Grateful

Hi,

I just want to express my sincere gratitude that both the DRO and LCO are happening this year. I realize it's been a rough year for everyone for various reasons such as health, finances, burn out, etc...

Both of these are major events that take an enourmous amount of effort. Maybe if the disc golf community rallies around the TDs this year some of the suggestions for making these events more like they were in the past can be implemented next year.

I'll be doing my share of traveling this year for tourneys but it sure is nice to have several quality local tourneys to compete in.

Thanks for making it happen!

Lesli

Comment

It's the TD's prerogative. If you want it done another way, then maybe you should run the tournament yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by SheilaT View Post
                    It's the TD's prerogative. If you want it done another way, then maybe you should run the tournament yourself.
                    I would assume that he's not unhappy with the decision just wondering why it's gone to this format this year. As are quite a few of us who are going to be playing.
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by SheilaT View Post
                      You are right, the td has every right to run a tourney anywhere he wants, and I'm not ungrateful to have a tournament to play. I'm disappointed that the tradition of the LCO is not being followed this year, and I guarantee I'm not alone. Might as well call it the Country Cup.
                      PDGA #42116

Comment

City Tour moved to the Country

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
                        I would assume that he's not unhappy with the decision just wondering why it's gone to this format this year. As are quite a few of us who are going to be playing.
                        One reason it's all happening at 4Mound is just that, one location for everything is a lot easier to manage than different flights on different courses, shuffling locations, etc. Just having one location to deal with, and it's private, so the casual-playing public isn't freaked out about the public courses being unavailable. There are probably more reasons. Personally I like the whole tour as well, but it's not my event to run.

Comment

You are right, the td has every right to run a tourney anywhere he wants, and I'm not ungrateful to have a tournament to play. I'm disappointed that the tradition of the LCO is not being followed this year, and I guarantee I'm not alone. Might as well call it the Country Cup.
                          Ding ding ding! Thats right!
                          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

It's not even the tour thing. I am looking forward to playing the LCO as I am every year that I have played it. I am just wondering why aren't we playing a variation of courses. Especially considering the variety available at that wonderful place.

It does accomplish one thing though. It'll be much easier to have an accurate SSA at the end.
                            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Super Tour Shuffle

Bob had to get his request for a Super Tour date submitted to the PDGA by Nov of last year. At that time Bob really envisioned adding Sekani into the LCO mix in place of High Bridge because the Grant project at High Bridge will be in full swing by then. Seemed reasonable at the time but Bob couldn't pull the trigger on including a course that may or may not be built by then. And still areas of High Bridge would be under construction. .......The DRO will take place toward the end of April so there's three rounds of Downriver in the books 4 weeks prior to LCO. There's alot to take into account and Bob's not getting any quicker on his feet. I let him know that if he wanted to consolidate his efforts to one venue that its all the same to me to prepare Jumanji and the Porcupine '13 'for one day of LCO or two......He's never been able to make everyone happy yet so I don't suspect it will happen this year either. ......I'll be as busy as usual prepping the Mound for 'company'. Maybe it's your year to tame 'Manji.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X