• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Steilacoom Open **A-tier** June 23 & 24

Registration and tournament information for the

Fort Steilacoom Open

can be found at Northwest Sign-Up.

Thank you Mandos Disc Golf Pro Shop for coming on as a major sponsor this year.

Thank you Ryan Gwillim for returning a third year to manage the score tent. I'm happy to say it will be Firefly Disc Golf managing the score tent this year as Steve Carson will be joining the FSO team.

**Advanced winner will take home a killer new portable basket.

More information will be coming soon.

WA ST Approved PDGA Schedule

4DiscGolf - a tournament directors best friend!!!

Tournament Directors - register your event HERE

Originally posted by Rideout View Post
    Registration and tournament information for the

Fort Steilacoom Open

can be found at Northwest Sign-Up.

Thank you Mandos Disc Golf Pro Shop for coming on as a major sponsor this year.

Thank you Ryan Gwillim for returning a third year to manage the score tent. I'm happy to say it will be Firefly Disc Golf managing the score tent this year as Steve Carson will be joining the FSO team.

**Advanced winner will take home a killer new portable basket.

More information will be coming soon.

What is it looking like for intermediate winner or top finishers? money?
    "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

Originally posted by ski2man View Post
      Ugh.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Ugh.
        what do you mean "ugh?" i thought we were all in this for the money?

"'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by emmarose View Post
          what do you mean "ugh?" i thought we were all in this for the money?

Very funny Emma

You know how I loathe this question.

Heh.
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            Very funny Emma

You know how I loathe this question.

Heh.
            right?

all that aside, i myself am super stoked to be making my first appearance at the FSO...

mike, thanks for the date change... 4th of July week/end is forever booked to infinity for me... this is really cool to play the BSF... then the FSO... looking forward to two weekends of hobnobbing with the big names...

awe.some.ness.
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Only Pros get paid out in cash Todd.
              Ams usually get paid out in scrip.

Scrip is commonly redeemed at the event (after awards) for plastic or other schwag (shirts, towels, mugs, etc...).

Top finishers of the intermediate division at FSO should receive a nice chunk of scrip?

Hope that helps answer your question.
              Last edited by bryan_luoma; March 15th, 2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan_luoma View Post
                Only Pros get paid out in cash Todd.
                Ams get paid out in script.

Script is usually redeemed at the event (after awards) for plastic or other schwag (shirts, towels, mugs, etc...).

Top finishers of the intermediate division at FSO should receive a nice chunk of script?

Hope that helps answer your question.
                I am not sure if FSO pays out scrip to Ints or not. Mike usually puts together an awesome players pack valued over the entry fee and then awards trophies to x number of spots.

I think payout (scrip) starts for advanced divisions and obviously cash for those well skilled open players.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                  I am not sure if FSO pays out scrip to Ints or not. Mike usually puts together an awesome players pack valued over the entry fee and then awards trophies to x number of spots.

I think payout (scrip) starts for advanced divisions and obviously cash for those well skilled open players.
                  * No payout for Intermediate players. Intermediate players will be competing for trophies.

* Showcase Final-9 for the top four open pros.

* Advanced winner will receive a new, full-size, portable basket (the real deal with a wheel).
                  Directly from the sign up pages.
                  If i read it right ams get a jacket included in the players packs.

I think I will be making my first FSO this year...thankfully it is not on a big holiday weekend.
                  Last edited by Cerrgurry; March 15th, 2012, 01:08 PM. Reason: forgot to add my paste

Comment

Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                    * No payout for Intermediate players. Intermediate players will be competing for trophies.

* Showcase Final-9 for the top four open pros.

* Advanced winner will receive a new, full-size, portable basket (the real deal with a wheel).
                    Directly from the sign up pages.
                    If i read it right ams get a jacket included in the players packs.

I think I will be making my first FSO this year...thankfully it is not on a big holiday weekend.
                    Good eye! Thanks!

Comment

I'll be there. Man, I need to start selling blood I think. Too many good tournaments and not enough cash.
                      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                      Cleveland Brown

Comment

Count me in for my second FSO appearance

Hooray!!!!

Comment

yeah, i'm in it for the money...

So, apparently a few people think I'm an ass. Love talking in text. I suck...I just want to know what I'm playing for, that's all. "ugh" my ass. It's a fair question. I have yet to win anything, I play for the fun and competition of it all. This is my third FSO and I've been playing for near 15 years...don't think I'm in it for the money if I'm in Intermediate. I think that was a fair question, but whatever. Now as far as pros only being paid out in cash, that seems wrong to me, I've seen plenty of sanctioned tournies that pay out ams in cash, so again...fair question. Thanks for the clarifications that didn't act like I'm a money grubbin' whore. In addition, I'm a teacher...doing it for the money...not in my wheelhouse. Can't wait to see everyone there in a few months. Maybe i can win a trophy for once.

Oh well...I was probably one of the first people to sign up since I did it about 15 minutes after Rideout posted the tourney on here...so did it matter what I was playing for no, just curious...let's do what I tell my students, don't judge a book by it's cover and be courteous and answer questions without assuming the worst. While we're all doing that, I'll do the other thing I tell my students...ignore rude people.

Again...whatever, good thing I love this game.
                          Last edited by ski2man; March 16th, 2012, 07:00 AM.
                          "When a ball dreams, it dreams it is a frisbee."

Comment

So, apparently a few people think I'm an ass. Love talking in text. I suck...I just want to know what I'm playing for, that's all. "ugh" my ass. It's a fair question. I have yet to win anything, I play for the fun and competition of it all. This is my third FSO and I've been playing for near 15 years...don't think I'm in it for the money if I'm in Intermediate. I think that was a fair question, but whatever. Now as far as pros only being paid out in cash, that's BS, I've seen plenty of sanctioned tournies that pay out ams in cash, so again...fair question. Thanks for the clarifications that didn't act like I'm a money grubbin' whore. In addition, I'm a teacher...doing it for the money...not in my wheelhouse. Can't wait to see everyone there in a few months. Maybe i can win a trophy for once.

Oh well...I was probably one of the first people to sign up since I did it about 15 minutes after Rideout posted the tourney on here...so did it matter what I was playing for no, just curious...let's do what I tell my students, don't judge a book by it's cover and be courteous and answer questions without assuming the worst. While we're all doing that, I'll do the other thing I tell my students...ignore rude people.

Again...whatever, good thing I love this game.
                            i thought it was a totally legitimate question, if i want to play disc golf just for fun i will go play a round somewhere. when it comes to tournament time, it is alot more than just fun that motivates me to play. there is no point in playing in a tournament if there isnt any prizes/cash/players pack that is up for grabs. the only exception is fundraiser tournaments. and when i am talking about tournaments i am talking about PDGA sanctioned events.

so dont feel bad about asking about prizes and stuff.
                            Team HOSER:dancing:
                            Team OLY:cheerleader:
                            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Now as far as pros only being paid out in cash, that's BS, I've seen plenty of sanctioned tournies that pay out ams in cash, so again...fair question.
                              Really? Which sanctioned tournies?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X